PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 Items With Pre-Purchase?

gmodguitarguy
07-24-2011, 09:47 PM
I think that the people who pre-purchase Dead Island (like myself) should get a weapon, or a hat, or something with the purchase.

A Pre-Order already gets an in-game Ripper for Dead Island, so why not put the Ripper in TF2? or add the Hawaiian party shirt as Misc. item?

Respond with your thoughts if you agree. :D

Galen
07-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Hawaiian shirt, no. Body clothing is one thing that shouldn't be changed in TF2. Closest thing is the Essential Accessories for the Scout and even those are borderline. You need to be able to identify, immediately, whether that guy coming towards you is an enemy or friend. (ok, yes, disguised spies are an exception to this but you know what I mean).

Ripper, sure. Hats, sunnies, sure.

DreamSphinx
07-24-2011, 10:04 PM
No. I'm sick of all the damn pre-order items for TF2. If you're going to make a pre-order bonus for a game, then at least keep the bonus to the game you're pre-ordering.

sharkietoo
07-24-2011, 10:52 PM
No. I'm sick of all the damn pre-order items for TF2. If you're going to make a pre-order bonus for a game, then at least keep the bonus to the game you're pre-ordering.

^^^^^^^
This times a thousand.
tf2 lost me when the game became all about hats & drops, last thing Iam going to do is buy a game just because I get a hat in a completely different game.

Kewp
07-25-2011, 01:02 AM
^^^^^^^
This times a thousand.
tf2 lost me when the game became all about hats & drops, last thing Iam going to do is buy a game just because I get a hat in a completely different game.

yeh but the brain dead community from tf2 eat this stuff up which means more sales to other companys.

Galen
07-25-2011, 06:23 AM
yeh but the brain dead community from tf2 eat this stuff up which means more sales to other companys.

Err, have you BEEN on the TF2 forums when the latest promo items come out? They practically go into meltdown with people complaining. We hardly "eat this stuff up".

ATLbandit
07-25-2011, 08:28 AM
I don't really have a problem with this, but with trading the pre-order bonux items just become fodder for annoying requests. I get really sick of people begging me for my Bill's Hat in nearly every server I enter.

IMO they should never have allowed people to trade pre-order or special items within TF2.

cezlutac
07-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Come on guys, hats are an important part of the gameplay.

Jaksi123
07-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Oar would be nice, just like in trailer...

Fingerfood5
07-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Yes, so once it becomes a rare item I can sell it for cash.

Oh wait. If they added pre-order items that ruins my chances right there. :(

DonkeySomething
07-26-2011, 04:45 AM
As a TF2 fan I'm tired of promo items too. Do we really need another form of trading currency? How many Bills for a Dead Island dead horse beating stick?

gmodguitarguy
07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
I do have somewhat of a problem with Valve making the game free, because all these little ten-year-olds can get on here and play Team Fortress, and complain to their parents that they didn't get an in-game item because their parents didn't spend 50+ dollars on some other video game that they're not supposed to be playing.

I for one support promotional items and stuff because, who doesn't like to take a video game and personalize nearly every aspect, and make it their own? Why do you think we have sites like GameBanana (which screwed itself over from the older FPSBanana)?

Ge15t
07-26-2011, 04:48 PM
I think that the people who pre-purchase Dead Island (like myself) should get a weapon, or a hat, or something with the purchase.

A Pre-Order already gets an in-game Ripper for Dead Island, so why not put the Ripper in TF2? or add the Hawaiian party shirt as Misc. item?

Respond with your thoughts if you agree. :D

NO NO NO NO NO!

Why the ♥♥♥♥ do you care about hats!!!! Go back to your mindless, single brain cell shooters and leave us here with OUR games, infact, go back to console and leave us here with the real games please.

Lulzator
07-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Because the one thing TF2 doesn't have enough is crappy promotional items. All items do is make the other game look so weak that they have to rely on TF2 to sell their awful game.