PDA

View Full Version : OK, Valve, need your help here

gjork
07-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Bought Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising a long time ago from Steam and I want to play it at the latest 1.03 version without having to jump though hoops and using deamon tools to load an image file.

It is unacceptable for Codemasters to label this as a beta patch and not have it available to Steam users. Completely unacceptable. Now, get on their ♥♥♥ and tell them to provide this patch to Steam users. It is only right and there is no way a Steam purchaser should be treated less than a retail version purchaser. Which is exactly what Codemasters are doing. :mad:

Thor Bunting
07-25-2011, 08:15 AM
I think you complaint would be better aimed at Codemasters considering Valve can't really do anything.

Holiday Seal
07-25-2011, 08:19 AM
I think you complaint would be better aimed at Codemasters considering Valve can't really do anything.

They could definitely do something if they cared to.

tonka
07-25-2011, 08:20 AM
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/

gjork
07-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Sure they can, they have influence with any publisher that sells games on Steam. This annoys me enough to ensure Codemasters will never see another penny from me until this slight against Steam users is rectified. This beta patch has been beta for a ling time and I believe they have no intention over ever taking it out of beta. In short, they effed over Steam purchasers of OFPDR. Read the below to see what kind of BS I am expected to do to get this 1.03beta patch working on my Steam version.

http://www.opengamersunited.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=460

gjork
07-25-2011, 08:24 AM
The reason this patch is so important is because at one point the dbags removed the possibility to use mods in OFPDR and this patch puts the ability back in. The mods have many fixes for their incompetence.

Thor Bunting
07-25-2011, 08:28 AM
It happens with many games but there isn't much we can do to try and win them over. It is in such small demand that they don't see it worth their time from a business perspective and sure it may give them good rep with gamers but 75% of publishers don't care. I mean look at EA I could write a list a mile long of things they have done to hurt the gaming community but they are still making hundreds of millions.

If you contact codemasters and get in touch with somebody slightly higher up in the company than customer support and ask politely you may have a small chance but it is doubtful anything will get done. The only other possible way is to show many people asking for it but this rarely works and considering how old the game is I doubt you can get the support neeeded to get their attention.

gjork
07-25-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm sure that angle has been tried already and I am in no mood to be polite with them. What I want is for Valve to use their influence and do the right thing for us.

Thor Bunting
07-25-2011, 08:37 AM
The exact same applies, why would Valve risk their distribution relationship with Codemasters by demanding they release a patch on steam for an old game because one person on the forums wants it. Also you would be suprised how far being polite can get you.

As much as it sucks doing the "right thing" isn't usually good for business and the gaming industry is just that. The only exception is when they want to get good rep with customers and releasing a patch on steam for an old game isn't going to win over anybody. As I said before your only chance is to go directly to Codemasters.

Holiday Seal
07-25-2011, 08:59 AM
It happens with many games but there isn't much we can do to try and win them over. It is in such small demand that they don't see it worth their time from a business perspective and sure it may give them good rep with gamers but 75% of publishers don't care. I mean look at EA I could write a list a mile long of things they have done to hurt the gaming community but they are still making hundreds of millions.

If you contact codemasters and get in touch with somebody slightly higher up in the company than customer support and ask politely you may have a small chance but it is doubtful anything will get done. The only other possible way is to show many people asking for it but this rarely works and considering how old the game is I doubt you can get the support neeeded to get their attention.

well said

gjork
07-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Because I do not make compromises for people I hold in disdain, and I highly doubt I am the only person that wants the patch made available to Steam users. Lesson learned I guess, do not trust games on Steam to get fully patched. Their loss and not mine. Wow, great customer service that will ensure more sales, eh wot, skippy?

MeemoSQR
07-25-2011, 09:52 AM
OR you can manually and patch it yourself :|... If I can get GTAIV vs 1.0.0.4 to work on steam.. you can get this patch to work for steams version of Operation Flashpoing: Dragon Rising..

Be a Man fix your own problems, don't just sit their and QQ because the corporate ♥♥♥♥-heads can't be bothered to fix it for you..

gjork
07-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Don't get condescending with me. I've already downloaded the mini image file and 1.03 patch so will do that but I shouldn't have to do that is the point that is whooshing over your pointy head. This is sub par support and it does affect my future purchases of both Codemasters and Steam service games. This is not the only game on Steam that gets sub par patch support either. It is just not an acceptable practice.

Mclaren7703
10-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Most banned thread I ever read lol ...