PDA

View Full Version : Gods and Heroes half off

Strike_You
07-25-2011, 12:38 PM
can soneone playing it tell me if this game is worth the money and time :)

thanks!

LucianDK
07-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Its not worth it, a very primitive and dated game that makes WoW look like bleeding edge.

Bibs
07-25-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't think it's worth it.

Strike_You
07-25-2011, 12:47 PM
darn :(

Emox
07-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Never heard of it into this thread.

MeVe
07-25-2011, 01:02 PM
nha is bad it will be free to play after some months, just wait if you are curious

Cik
07-25-2011, 01:04 PM
It's actually not a bad consideration of a buy with the one-month free. The premise and content is there for a box purchase of $15.

Warseth
07-25-2011, 01:12 PM
can soneone playing it tell me if this game is worth the money and time :)

thanks!

Judge by my comment:
I was given the opportunity long ago to be their alpha tester. I lasted 1 week before I put it down. Maybe its cause being alpha means you play a lone and find all bugs. It's a solo game at alpha stage. Once out of the linear starter area it opened up a larger world to traverse in....but it didn't hold my interest to test any longer I am afraid.

Since it was alpha and many changes happened since then...the polish may have made it an OK niche game. It was pretty stable in alpha state. I still didn't like it..it actually was hard to put the effort into alpha testing , when it felt like working at a job I hated.

Heiland
07-26-2011, 05:36 AM
I would save this 15 $/ (yes it is the same on steam :D) and play Vindictus more fun, and it is free to play AND it is the Valve Source Engine ;)

Please Valve make it playable on Steam :D

Cipher210
07-26-2011, 05:40 AM
It's not a good deal if the MMO is already dying. It should be free.

Heiland
07-26-2011, 05:49 AM
imo even if this game goes f2p it can not survive on the MMO Market

{Yotsuba}
07-26-2011, 06:16 AM
I'll just repost what I posted in another thread:

Gods & Heroes is 50% off for a week or so. This sale is direct response by the developer to the low player count. And to be honest, the game isn't *that* bad and the monthly fee is only $9.99. However, the Steam version does seem to have a strange bug, in that if you have Need For Speed Hot Pursuit installed, trying to launch Gods & Heroes from Steam will launch Hot Pursuit instead. Luckily, you can launch Gods & Heroes from it's own launcher.exe file instead which also means you don't need Steam running in order to play it.

But yes, unlike others, I do think it's worth giving the game a chance.

Europhoria
07-26-2011, 06:28 AM
Low player count. :/ So you'll probably end up grinding alone. It's always better to grind with other people.

nightside187
07-26-2011, 09:31 AM
This game was 39.99 droped to 29.99 and now half off all this in 1 month of release ...

JudgementBullet
07-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Based on game reviews and gameplay videos I've seen, it doesn't look good AT ALL. But I did not even try out the game so I have no right to judge.

dementedlullaby
07-26-2011, 10:01 AM
I heard at peak hours it only has 97 people online.

TheInsaneDump
07-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Already? Didn't that game release a month ago? Price you pay for double-charging customers with a box purchase and then a monthly fee. I thought that practice was completely phased out?

The only successful MMO that continues this practice is WoW, and I guess that's because they can.

{Yotsuba}
07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Already? Didn't that game release a month ago?

Yes already as they are hoping the lower price will help increase player count. But those who purchased at the higher price were offered an optional free month as compensation.

And as I say, the game isn't *that* bad. It's certainly proven more enjoyable than Star Trek Online did...

TheInsaneDump
07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Already? Didn't that game release a month ago?

Yes already as they are hoping the lower price will help increase player count. But those who purchased at the higher price were offered an optional free month as compensation.

And as I say, the game isn't *that* bad. It's certainly proven more enjoyable than Star Trek Online did...

Shame, but it won't be long before we'll see the "Free 2 Play" announcement. Or even worse, cancellation :(.

Glad to hear the game isn't "bad", but regrettably certain stigmas tend to stay attached to these kinds of games, regardless of how improved it could be.

MeemoSQR
07-26-2011, 11:21 AM
lollie.. next month it goes to 5 dollars.. then during the winter sale (assuming the game is still alive) it probably will got for 50 cents.. and f2p.. In fact I'm surprised it's not f2p right now... I've played F2p that are leagues better than this game.. Vindictus comes to mind as well as cabal online..

God awful game, stay away at all cost...

Edit
Actually this game is guaranteed to be dead by the time SWTOR comes around.