PDA

View Full Version : Tell me exactly when?

kanthall
07-26-2011, 03:24 AM
How long we must waiting till next patch come to steam? I need to play the game without some bad bugs.

deadlybydesign
07-26-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure, but my current playthrough is going well by avoiding bugged skill paths.

Zzinged
07-27-2011, 08:21 AM
what bugs are you experiencing?

Patchumz
07-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Not for a while most likely. There aren't that many bugs that you'd encounter tbh...

capnport
07-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure, but my current playthrough is going well by avoiding bugged skill paths.

I don't suppose you could give me a list of which skill paths are bugged?

henryguy
07-28-2011, 12:05 PM
There are quite a few bugs that effect any player.

Such as monsters taking one last attack in a turn even tho ur previous melees reduced them to 0 or less health.

The archaeology skill tree is open for exploitation and idk about anyone else but in my experience re-examining an item you have enchanted many times has caused it to revert to a normal weak enchant. Had a fedora with ten enchants on it and then sent for Marcus Brody and it came back with just one extra slashing damage and twenty retries yielded no better results.

Idk if the enemy was just ludicrously strong or what but on floor 5 I faced a named enemy that did 25 crushing damage and 10 toxic damage yet I had 3 toxic resist and 4 crushing resist as well as 8 armor absorption. Needless to say my archer based class fell in one strike as every named before did 20ish max and that was less resists and half as much absorb.

I would assume they will be upgrading the archery spec with more skills since it's current recovery rate is abysmal and the stat bonuses are nothing compared to any melee weapon. Yes bolts add damage but even so my mace n shield build was doing more dmg at char level five then a fully specced archer char level nine with a five star quadruple enchanted crossbow and cruelly barbed steel bolts with two rings enchanted twice each with 3 different damages enchanted on them. That is just silly especially considering how much piercing damage that is.

Maybe that's how it's suppose to work, I'm not sure but i think it should be refilling the enchants already on it and not the item as a drop from a quest would be rolled.

Satoru
07-28-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't suppose you could give me a list of which skill paths are bugged?

Depends on what you mean I guess by 'bugged'

Right now the 'best' build is a Promethean mage since Obvious Fireballs are totally overpowered, combined with your wyrmilng as a distraction you can breeze through the game.

Most consider crafting to be pretty useless, other than alchemy to make potions.

Deadshot is basically totally useless at this point. Which currently makes an archer build very difficult to maintain long term especially with the way crossbows and bolt ammo works in general.

Any build that relies on 'pets' is not really viable since pet AI and pathfinding is currently pretty bad so it ends up being worse.

Wand Lore seems useless since you can't really use wands as a primary skill, and the Wand Lore tree doesn't convey enough benefits (such as reducing entropy to 0) to warrant taking it over a much more useful melee skill.

DualWield currently has a counter bug on the final skill that should be addressed in the next patch.

Zzinged
07-29-2011, 01:16 AM
I would assume they will be upgrading the archery spec with more skills since it's current recovery rate is abysmal and the stat bonuses are nothing compared to any melee weapon.

The devs know the pain pure crossbow builds suffer.