PDA

View Full Version : Can Hammerfight actually change the Windows mouse sensitivity options?

InvisibleMan125
07-26-2011, 10:43 PM
After trying the game for a few minutes (and running that mouse sensitivity test a few times), I quit and I was just moving my mouse around, and it feels like it's going a little too fast. Can the game affect the mouse settings in Windows? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit.

Varrok
07-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Nah..

AklyonX
07-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Nope. Win 7 64-bit here.

Clixx13
07-27-2011, 01:20 PM
It definitely feels like mine was changed after I exited the game but I don't know for sure.

BandiG
07-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Mine also felt like it changed after playing, and after some fiddling with mouse options in win7, I've noticed a switch called "Enhance mouse prcision" right below the pointer speed setting, enabling that restored the familiar pointer motion. I guess this is some acceleration thing.

kevroom
08-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I feel like the game changed the mouse settings and BandiG's tip changed it back.

ElvenMarth
08-26-2011, 05:41 PM
This game has definitely messed up my mouse. I always turn enhance pointer precision off (mouse acceleration is bad), but now the precision is terrible! I have a wired USB optical mouse (random Logitech, old and no adjustable DPI), so I keep the Windows sensitivity at the max. After trying Hammerfight and exiting, I noticed the loss in precision. The smallest mouse movement I can make jumps the cursor more than 4 pixels. Here's the weird part: if I turn sensitivity all the way down in the control panel, the mouse sensitivity drops to nearly zero, meaning I can swing the mouse as much as I want and it will move maybe 10 pixels. What happened here?

thebum06
01-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Hammerfight is just too slow and feels really awkward, so when you get back to your usual speed it just feels faster.