07-28-2011, 04:12 PM
I was hoping with so many fps around it would be tps

Olly
07-28-2011, 04:18 PM
I was hoping with so many fps around it would be tps

And RTS. That's almost like two games in one :eek:

gotthisfortf2
07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
There's not that big of a difference between FPS and TPS.I would rather play a shooting game like this in first person anyway, maybe you could play platform games, their Third person.

Thegreenthing16
07-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I'd rather it be a FPS

RagnarH
07-28-2011, 11:07 PM

More lies from interwave! Calling it "almost" when it most clearly is.

juicebox360
07-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Speaking of games and genres, I wish a good TBS game would come out soon. Damn it, Intelligent Systems, release another Advance Wars already!

tkellaway
07-29-2011, 01:41 PM
thirdpersonshoulder perchance?

Suomis
07-29-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm glad it's FPS. I wouldn't have bought it if it were TPS.

tixe
07-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm glad it's FPS. I wouldn't have bought it if it were TPS.

+1 exactly

Archimonde999
07-29-2011, 10:32 PM
More lies from interwave! Calling it "almost" when it most clearly is.

*cough* 'Nuclear Dawn is the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience...' *cough* ;)

But back on topic:
In my opinion little things like having an option that allows you to change between tps and fps is what makes a game good. Little things ad up. Savage had an option for tps/fps (although I almost never used fps...), why shouldn't this?

Me2nice
07-30-2011, 02:02 AM
No, it's not. It's FPS AND RTS.

Orange Ninja
07-30-2011, 03:25 AM
*cough* 'Nuclear Dawn is the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience...' *cough* ;)

But back on topic:
In my opinion little things like having an option that allows you to change between tps and fps is what makes a game good. Little things ad up. Savage had an option for tps/fps (although I almost never used fps...), why shouldn't this?

The game is designed to be quite competitive. With third person view, every player has the advantage of peaking round corners without showing themselves. Also, the game doesn't class so much as an RPG (even though there is persistence), so the majority wouldn't care too much about how your character looks.

Toad213
07-30-2011, 04:16 AM

How would RTS be put into this game? I saw both trailers and FPS looks great but I dont know how RTS will be added in this

Thanks

enerrene
07-30-2011, 02:28 PM
I would call it FTS.

brand eins
07-31-2011, 04:32 AM
Third person is for console players. get lost.

gotthisfortf2
07-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Third person is for console players. get lost.

Ugh.......There is nothing wrong with third person and platform games are awesome.

Proxers
07-31-2011, 09:51 AM
The source engine supports 3rd person, you just need to use console commands to enable it. I'm not quite sure if you need sv_cheats 1 to use 3rd person.

This I base on my experiences on playing L4D2 on 3rd person.

EnterHavoc
07-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Ugh.......There is nothing wrong with third person and platform games are awesome.

Ignoring the 360 gamepad sitting a few feet away from me, third person shooters generally work much better on controllers rather than mouse and keyboard. Keyboard/Mouse are made for precision in an FPS, controllers are made for the "quick switching" (i dont even know how to describe the TPS effect that controllers do so much better) that comes with the TPS genre. Don't get me wrong, I play all the big TPS on my keyboard/mouse (mass effect, APB: Reloaded, etc), but gamepads work so much better for the majority of them.

Regardless of the argument about it, Nuclear Dawn is designed for first person. The source engine provides third person but its not officially supported so you won't get the perks of a TPS designed game.

Also, platformers work perfectly well on kb/mouse. I don't care what the developers say, Super Meat Boy is so much easier on a kb/mouse than a gamepad! :D

FlyingMongoose
07-31-2011, 01:46 PM
TPS works better on controller gameplay primarily due to the 1:2 ratio in movement, being able to see your enemies around corners is an integral part of being able to play well in games like that. And if you don't understand what I mean by 1:2 ratio movement vs 1:1 ratio movement, let me explain.

With a mouse, you move it a certain distance, depending on DPI and sensitivity the character's field of view will move with the mouse, when you stop the mouse, the fov stops, making it a 1:1 movement ratio.

With a stick you press to one direction, the field of view continues moving until you let go, but it does not stop depending on how far you've pushed your stick. Essentially creating 2 steps to one action. 1:2

The 1:2 ratio works well in TPS because it creates a bit more integral and comfortable reaction in playing with consoles, and I admit it does work well there, but on a PC and in FPS's, can't stand it.

Rumpfriction
08-01-2011, 11:49 AM

natural selection 1/2 ?? first to do the comm base building thing with res nodes.

Edit: though i say that, seems like (after more reading) that this game is bringing something a little different to the table

MyNameIsViolet
08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
natural selection 1/2 ?? first to do the comm base building thing with res nodes.

Edit: though i say that, seems like (after more reading) that this game is bringing something a little different to the table

lol I noticed that in the game description too. I was like, "Uh, Iron Grip: Warlord (http://store.steampowered.com/app/31700/?snr=1_5_9__13), anyone?".

But maybe the RTS in ND is like, building an army, having workers gather things, y'know, normal RTS stuff, rather than placing turrets and traps like IG:W is. Still, either way it should be fun, I'll be buying it.