PDA

View Full Version : The "daily deal, Is it worth it" thread

Sir9
07-29-2011, 11:06 AM
I have this game on my wish list since it was released. Can anybody comment on this game? Seems like this is the moment to buy it.

stud. iur.
07-29-2011, 11:08 AM
You have it on your wishlist but you are asking whether it's worth it? Umm...ok...

Scorcher24
07-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Why don't you try the free demo?

Riathy
07-29-2011, 11:09 AM
It is 3.30... come on now that is pocket change!

If you truly have that game on your wishlist for so long you shouldn't even make this thread!

Barif
07-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Buy IT! WORTH IT! BEST PLATFORMER ON PC EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/10

SweetNothing
07-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Demo doesn't work for me - crashes when I click "campaign." Strangely, the music keeps playing in the background.

Anyone else have this problem?

tombinet
07-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Good Price,

but as long as it does not run, I cannot recommend it.

See here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1977315

And no Help from the Devs. *howl*

But other guys find it good...

MartinRivas
07-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Its worth it. The story mode is quite short (I finished it in just 3 hours). There's coop that I haven't tried and duels against another player.
There's survival and a few -no weapons- levels as well. Besides you might want to try and finish the story a second time in a higher difficulty (I recommend playing the game in normal the first time)

allanschnorr
07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
I can tell you it is totally worth it. It has beautiful 2D graphics, a great soundtrack and unique game mechanics. Capsized is one of the best platformers I've played in the last few years. My only complaint is that it is too short. As fun as this game is, even more so in the later large sprawling levels, I just wanted it to last a lot longer.

Sir9
07-29-2011, 11:32 AM
It is 3.30... come on now that is pocket change!

If you truly have that game on your wishlist for so long you shouldn't even make this thread!
I had put it on my wish list because it caught my eye when it was released. It looked interesting at the time so it ended up on my wish list so I wouldn't forget about it.
I didn't have time to try the demo yet but i'm downloading it now. I just wanted some quick comments from other people who played it.

FailSquad69
07-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Pros
1. Great Music
2. Excellent Keyboard+Mouse Controls
3. Lots of Weapons and fun mechanics

Cons
1. Short 4 hour campaign.
2. No online co-op
3. Wonky controls for xbox controller.
4. Broken Achievements.

Play the demo if you need to make up your mind. Not every sale needs its own damn thread.

DJ Cryotek
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
It's easily worth it. Even for $10, the story mode is long enough for a game like this. And there's a good bit of replay value.

For $3.39 it's a no brainer. If you like 2D platformers (http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Cryotek/2d-platformers-a-massive-list-of-new-games-pc-edition-v2-0--204946.phtml)at all, you NEED this game in your collection!

undauntedspirit
07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
I had put it on my wish list because it caught my eye when it was released. It looked interesting at the time so it ended up on my wish list so I wouldn't forget about it.
I didn't have time to try the demo yet but i'm downloading it now. I just wanted some quick comments from other people who played it.

Don't feel bad at all for creating this thread, some people are just asses.

:)

I took a chance and bought it, thanks to those that chimed in.

Endsieg
07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
3.50€ here

yes i'd say its worth it, but if you doubt it try demo first.

m4rine.cz
07-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Ive just bought it!!!!!!!!fghjvggkjhl

crossalchemist
07-29-2011, 12:17 PM
How many players can there be in the coop?

And how easy is it to "unlock" the coop mode?

Das Tier
07-29-2011, 12:49 PM
For fans of TotalBiscuit (like me) or people who want to see some ingame scenes I can recommend this to make up your mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Hc6y788lU

fjawodfc
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Part of the reason for the Metacritic scores plastered on every game page is to prevent pointless threads like this. The score of 79 should have answered the question in about 2 seconds.

Das Tier
07-29-2011, 01:28 PM
There are more reliable things than only looking for the Metascore.

freibooter
07-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Part of the reason for the Metacritic scores plastered on every game page is to prevent pointless threads like this. The score of 79 should have answered the question in about 2 seconds.
Really? I always value a lively discussion about the merits of the game with other players infinitely more than a meta-critic rating.
Not all the "worth it" threads are valueable sources of information, but most of them are. I consider these everything but "pointless".

Buy IT! WORTH IT! BEST PLATFORMER ON PC EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/10

Capsized is one of the best platformers I've played in the last few years.
Based on this I tried the demo. Yeah, I can enjoy the hand drawn art and the chill soundtrack and the gameplay seems at the very least solid ... but best of its class?
I grew up with NES, SNES and AMIGA ... so I think know my way around 2D platformers. I don't really see how this one stands out.

At least judging from the demo, controls aren't nearly as good and tight as they should be in a good platformer. Neither the Xbox 360 gamepad nor mouse and keyboard really felt 'right' to me and controls are probably one of the most important aspect of a platformer.

I think there were a couple of moments in the demo where the game came together, the controls worked and the game showed off its full potential, but they weren't as prominent as I hoped.

This game doesn't feel like it's anywhere near the same class that recent platformers like Super Meat Boy or Trine play in.

That said, beggars can't be choosers and there certainly aren't enough solid 2D platformers coming out these days, so this game still fascinates me.

What worries me the most is that it feels like it has been abandoned by its devs already, leaving a lot of issues unfixed. Broken achievements are terribly annoying.
The apparently very short length of the campaign doesn't really help either.

Is it worth it at $5 (thanks to unfair EU pricing)? I'm not convinced yet ...

.Rad
07-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Threads like this help a lot. The metascore helps a little, but it doesn't tell you how long a game is, general thoughts about the different aspects of a game, how the community is, how much the developers are still interacting with the game, etc. Some game might have a high metascore of 90 which is mostly based on the MP but only has a really short SP, and you only like SP. Those are the kinds of things that are quickly compiled in a thread like this. In future google searches, someone will hit this thread and have all their questions answered. I'd love for a way to get posts that include stuff like "just try the demo!" or "if you already have it on your wishlist then you already have your answer!" or "not every sale needs a thread like this!" to be magically hidden so I never had to read them and instead could get right to the useful posts.

zRad
07-29-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't trust metascores, everyone has a different opinion. An example is Zombie Driver, it has a metascore of like 5 and I thought the game is awesome.

Nice name btw .Rad xD

Beckman67
07-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know if there was a fix for the Cursor lag i experienced in the demo?

tixe
07-29-2011, 06:01 PM
yes but if the demo doesn't run, maybe you should think twice before buying. Maybe the whole game won't work...

touriste
07-29-2011, 06:05 PM
definitively worth it :)

Moragami
07-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the thread. I've purchased the game. Unfortunately I've got 5 other games to play too. (6 if you count the BF3 alpha). Damn you and your Summer Sales Steam!!!

steven975
07-29-2011, 08:50 PM
I just got it and I think it's great!

The controller config was a little strange, but I got used to it quickly. The control layout does make sense, IMO. After a minute, it was intuitive, to me at least.

Great visuals and sound, too.

ClayMeow
07-29-2011, 10:35 PM
I played the demo and was hooked almost immediately.

The art style is really cool. The keyboard/mouse controls work great. There is a decent variety of enemy types and weapon types in the demo alone and I'm probably not even seeing it all. And then, when the campaign mode is done, there are other modes, of which the only one available in the demo is Survival - which was just hectic fun.

I definitely recommend trying the demo if you have even a tiny bit of interest in platformers.

Risingson
07-30-2011, 04:40 AM
I absolutely recommend this game. Imagine a mix of turrican, abuse, captain commando, metroid and the braid aesthetics. It mixes adventure, action and so non-intrusive puzzle elements so well that I can't understand how under-praised Capsized is. Buy it, if you like just a little those adventure platformers.

Prosthetix
07-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Is it worth the price of a good coffee? I'd say so.

Risingson
04-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Bumping this.

Chaotic Kitty
04-04-2012, 04:28 AM
Considering the amount of problems people have had with this game, and no response from the devs when the problems have been reported - no it's not worth it.
Many of you might call it pocket change, but if you toss out $3 here and there, it adds up. I don't really like the idea of throwing mobey out the window just for the sake of it.

EC-
04-04-2012, 08:07 AM
It's 2D Quake, that's the best way I can describe it.

PROTIP: The "Gravity Ram" (Middle Mouse button by default) doesn't do any damage, but you can use it too launch yourself like a good ol' rocket jump. Once you get vertical, the game really starts to come together.