PDA

View Full Version : Beep beep beep beep *twitch*

Kaziticus
07-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Gawd but that's brutal. Fine game, overall, though!

Andross
07-29-2011, 11:28 PM
First room in the demo and I was like... how did that make it through play testing..?!

Analog64
07-30-2011, 01:58 AM
what are you talking about? what is this beep beep?

Ryuubei
07-30-2011, 02:14 AM
When you start to run low on health you het this high pitched annoying as hell beeping, that frankly makes me want to run off and kill her just so it stops heheeh

Vunk
07-30-2011, 02:47 AM
Turn the volume down?
Start > Options > SE 4 > PROFIT
It's not that hard. And it doesn't botter me at all, dunno why so much people are crying on this...

Ryuubei
07-30-2011, 02:55 AM
It's just one of those things that some people find irritating. It's the fact that it's so high pitched i think, it's like someone dragging their nails down a blackboard.

I don't like it, but i also don't really care lol. since i usually have itunes blasting out in the background i only hear it now and then :D

SpaceDrake
07-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Psh, have you people never played Zelda or something

The Beep™ stays in, end of discussion :mad:

backfire21
07-30-2011, 05:48 AM
Well... maybe you shouldn't let your health get that low in the first place, mhm?

Think of it like... at that point you should have died, but the game decided to give you a few extra hp in exchange but in return you have to put up with that beeping. S'better than redoing the entire dungion at that point, huh?

scondran
07-30-2011, 06:07 AM

So no intentions to make it optional or have a volume control for it? The beep isn't the problem it's the fact that it is the loudest sound in the game.

In zelda the omfg-you-are-gonna-die sound is softer than most of the sounds, save the ambient noises. Except the first zelda. Man that beep could drown out anything.

Considering how often I had to hear the sound in the demo I have to pass for now. Which is unfortunate, the game is pretty fantastic in the demo.

Vunk
07-30-2011, 06:16 AM
So no intentions to make it optional or have a volume control for it? The beep isn't the problem it's the fact that it is the loudest sound in the game.

In zelda the omfg-you-are-gonna-die sound is softer than most of the sounds, save the ambient noises. Except the first zelda. Man that beep could drown out anything.

Considering how often I had to hear the sound in the demo I have to pass for now. Which is unfortunate, the game is pretty fantastic in the demo.

You can turn the volume down, it's in the Options...

JoeB
07-30-2011, 07:16 AM
I think it's only more of an annoyance because health replenishing items tend to drop far less in this game than in Zelda so you have to contend with it a lot longer. Then again, if it REALLY gets to you that much, let monsters do you in and then run through the dungeon again for some extra (bonus) loot.

Miniver
07-30-2011, 09:35 AM

Nice attitude. Consider a sale lost.

Meowth
07-30-2011, 10:27 AM

Nice attitude, guy.

Requiemcliff
07-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Eh, the sound is annoying to an extent, but it doesn't bug me too much. Too used to Pokemon and Zelda I suppose.

Thalfon
07-30-2011, 11:17 AM
This is indeed one of the more annoying beeps I've heard. I had to run my volume way down to avoid going batty playing the demo.

elixenie
07-30-2011, 11:33 AM

Don't forget to call your bank for a chargeback on your Zelda collection.

Oh wait, what Zelda collection. :confused::confused::confused:

Keeshin
07-30-2011, 11:42 AM

I've played Zelda, yes. Back on the NES, then the SNES, and onward. However, the pitch of that beep is not as high as what's in Chantelise. Life would be great if we could edit, replace, or otherwise adjust the volume on just that one sound.

Honestly, not exaggerating here, that one sound is the reason why I'm not buying the game. There's just something about this particular low-life beep that irritates me to no end.

Kaziticus
07-30-2011, 01:25 PM

Touché... I'd forgotten about that. >.<

And yeah, definitely gives a reason to avoid getting hit.

verashkhal
07-30-2011, 01:50 PM

I'll make up for the lost sale.

Mysticales
07-30-2011, 02:09 PM
There is another solution. DONT GET LOW ON HEALTH! =p Play smart and dont get hit ;)

Hehe, Im happy I bought it, works on my netbook so consider me a happy camper. I also bought the game to encourage the company to import more of the games. =)

kalirion
07-30-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm guessing this is something that annoys the young-uns more than us mature adults :)

Kinda like The Mosquito. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito)

SailorTaurus
07-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I've played Zelda, yes. Back on the NES, then the SNES, and onward. However, the pitch of that beep is not as high as what's in Chantelise. Life would be great if we could edit, replace, or otherwise adjust the volume on just that one sound.

Honestly, not exaggerating here, that one sound is the reason why I'm not buying the game. There's just something about this particular low-life beep that irritates me to no end.

Please don't let such a small thing stop you from buying such a brilliant game.

Besides, as quite a few other people have already said, you can apparently already turn the sound down for this particular sound (SE4) in the options menu.

Joe Molotov
07-30-2011, 05:23 PM

Can you at least take out the "POW" at the end of each line of dialogue? :(

DJ Cryotek
07-31-2011, 01:33 AM
Turn the volume down?
Start > Options > SE 4 > PROFIT
It's not that hard. And it doesn't botter me at all, dunno why so much people are crying on this...
That turns down ALL the sound effects dummy. :rolleyes:

The problem isn't that there IS a beep, it's that it's so freaking loud and annoying! You can also get stuck with it for a long time since health powerups are so scarce. I played the original Zelda - as a kid in the 80s, and again just a few years ago - it was nowhere NEAR this godawful irritating.

And frankly, I find SpaceDrake's dismissive response to our concerns kind of dickish.

To help illustrate my annoyance, allow me to present a visual approximation of what it sounds like in my brain:

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

genoforprez
07-31-2011, 03:53 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe I just have a higher tolerance for annoying beeps or something, but it doesn't strike me as so annoying that it's worth raising a fuss about or a reason not to buy the game.

In fact, whenever any game uses "the beep", it is meant to be annoying to some degree. If it were a negligible sound, then it wouldn't be a very good alarm, now would it?

I wouldn't argue with anyone who might want the option to turn off the beep, but I would argue with anyone who suggested it shouldn't be there at all or was somehow a poor design choice. It serves a useful function and carries out its duty very effectively.

Thorisoka
07-31-2011, 05:30 AM
And frankly, I find SpaceDrake's dismissive response to our concerns kind of dickish.

Set aside the fact that he doesn't want to remove the beep, reading the way SpaceDrake answered requires something called sense of humor.

The beep is annoying, as in any beep in video games: that's supposed to be a warning and a motivation to play better and avoid being at low health. Otherwise that would be like wanting to get rid of this 'dying' side-effect when you lose too much health.

Aerowind
07-31-2011, 07:17 AM
People who think that Zelda's beeping wasn't just as annoying are looking at the game through nostalgia glasses.

And SpaceDrake, maybe you should avoid joking sarcasm. Apparently these forumers are too stuck up to handle it.

Fandango
07-31-2011, 10:30 AM
I found Zelda's beeping way more annoying than the beeping in this game, honestly.

DJ Cryotek
07-31-2011, 10:43 AM
It might not bother YOU personally, but that doesn't mean it doesn't bother other people. Everyone's hearing and tolerance are a little different, and everyone is listening on slightly different hardware. So not everyone experiences the sound the exact same way you do.

Obviously it really bothers some of us, otherwise we wouldn't be bringing it up. You don't have to agree with us, but you don't have to be insensitive pricks. And you definitely have no right to tell us whether or not WE find it annoying.

I'm not sure how adding a separate slider or value in the .ini file would effect anyone else's experience. All it would do is make everyone happy.

panxcake
07-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Don't get low hp >_>

jimmywolf
07-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Set aside the fact that he doesn't want to remove the beep, reading the way SpaceDrake answered requires something called sense of humor.

The beep is annoying, as in any beep in video games: that's supposed to be a warning and a motivation to play better and avoid being at low health. Otherwise that would be like wanting to get rid of this 'dying' side-effect when you lose too much health.

1+ agree to many jaded gamer now days assume everyone should cater too them game have come a long way too make life more enjoyable we should focus on that an show support versus nit picking

NegativeReign
07-31-2011, 01:02 PM
And SpaceDrake, maybe you should avoid joking sarcasm. Apparently these forumers are too stuck up to handle it.

I didn't really see the sarcasm at first. He wasn't obvious enough (IMO, and others). You have to make it easy to spot for everyone to get it. ;)

pkt-zer0
07-31-2011, 02:08 PM
So, is there any way to mod the game to remove/alter the beep of death? Being on low HP is bad enough without the game trying to destroy your eardrums.

Fitegar
07-31-2011, 02:12 PM
I didn't really see the sarcasm at first. He wasn't obvious enough (IMO, and others). You have to make it easy to spot for everyone to get it. ;)

What he needs is an ambient beep to indicate when he's being sarcastic.

paratech2008
07-31-2011, 06:00 PM
I don't think its that bad.

DARSFoG
07-31-2011, 09:09 PM
So I am downloading the demo now, from the video and screen shots it reminds me of zelda. Now looking at this form, I am not the only one. As I haven't played the game yet, I can't comment on the "Beep Beep" sound, but as I did just finish playing LoZ on my NES today, I can say that the "Beep" is annoying as hell, but you do learn to live with it. If the game is like anything what everybody is saying... I am sure I will learn to ignore the beep.

luca_blight
07-31-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't really find it annoying.

Besides, if you were handling situations as you should, you shouldn't be hearing the beeping in the first place.

DJ Cryotek
07-31-2011, 11:40 PM
After playing more, the beep is still kinda annoying...

...but the game is totally worth suffering it, so I'll deal :D

MegaManZer0
08-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Otherwise that would be like wanting to get rid of this 'dying' side-effect when you lose too much health.

Let's compromise. Make the beep play only when you die.

Oh, wait. Can't you just use the priest's hints to lower your max hp to 1 or something? It'll never play the beep I hope, but I personally wouldn't want to deal with 1 hp max...

scondran
08-01-2011, 05:48 AM
You can turn the volume down, it's in the Options...

That turns down all sounds. And even (with all sounds) at a lower volume the beep is louder than all else.

noreman77
08-01-2011, 05:52 AM
It bothered me GREATLY the first 2 hours, after that I got used to it completely, sometimes I end up dead because I don't even hear the beeping (epic brain filter)

mrblank
08-01-2011, 06:02 AM
I found Zelda's beeping way more annoying than the beeping in this game, honestly.

I love how people missed.....

HEYYYYY!!!!! ^-^ LISTEN!!! ^-^

:rolleyes:

Thorisoka
08-01-2011, 08:37 AM
I love how people missed.....

HEYYYYY!!!!! ^-^ LISTEN!!! ^-^

:rolleyes:

That's actually what I had in mind when seeing this Action-RPG hero character with a fairy. Chante must be the one making the beeps because she's a huge fan of Navi.

genoforprez
08-01-2011, 10:17 AM
That's actually what I had in mind when seeing this Action-RPG hero character with a fairy. Chante must be the one making the beeps because she's a huge fan of Navi.

Actually, my first thought upon seeing that the heroine was a puerile girl with a sassy fairy girl hanging out on her shoulder and pushing her around was:

"Will every RPG from this company star a puerile girl with a sassy fairy girl hanging out on her shoulder and pushing her around?"

Not complaining. I just thought it was funny. ^_^