PDA

View Full Version : "Local Co-op"?

Hendrich
07-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Read Title.

Does this imply some splitscreen shenangigans, or does it mean thru LAN? Or some other matter of single-PC coop?

Thanks. :)

Rubz
07-29-2011, 10:29 PM
I've not seen anything for same comp coop in game. I wonder if there is some code in there to enable split screen? :D

Hellstrong
07-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Lol i dont think split screen games are still being made on pc.
Local co-op in this game meaning LAN

OneoftheLost
07-29-2011, 11:10 PM
What?

I seriously havn't seen a PC split screen game in going on ten years now. (The only one I EVER saw was that racing game with the animals that came with Duke Nukem.)

So make that like.. 14 years.

LuminosXI
07-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Lol i dont think split screen games are still being made on pc.
Local co-op in this game meaning LAN

you could do splitscreen in portal 2......with a bunch of console commands though ;)

Rubz
07-29-2011, 11:39 PM
you could do splitscreen in portal 2......with a bunch of console commands though ;)

Yes this is what I meant, as far as I know, both L4D and L4D2 support this as well.

LuminosXI
07-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Yes this is what I meant, as far as I know, both L4D and L4D2 support this as well.

yup same method, here a page if anyones interested

http://pcformat.techradar.com/community/dave-james/quickfix-split-screen-left-4-dead-2-30-04-10

Hendrich
07-30-2011, 07:14 AM
What?

I seriously havn't seen a PC split screen game in going on ten years now.

Left 4 Dead.
Left 4 Dead 2.
Portal 2.
Unreal Tournament 3.
Proun.
Fonotica.
Overlord.
Overlord 2.
Split-Second.
Blur.
Dirt 3.
Etc.

They are few and far inbetween and usually include obscure games, but they do exist in this generation.

Also, can anyone confirm that local coop really means LAN? Hellstrong made an awnser, but I'd like to see one more awnser from somebody else who also owns the game.

One more request. Can anyone see if the splitscreen commands works for E.Y.E in case it uses the same engine as L4D2? Thanks. :)

OneoftheLost
07-30-2011, 07:16 AM
I dont remember ANY of those games having split screen on the PC. Am I missing something? Is it some sort of mod? How the hell would you play with only one mouse?

SparkTR
07-30-2011, 07:25 AM
I dont remember ANY of those games having split screen on the PC. Am I missing something? Is it some sort of mod? How the hell would you play with only one mouse?

Gamepad+mouse or gamepad+gamepad. Disregarding all the config crap, it works exactly how it does on a console.