PDA

View Full Version : Says it's controller enabled, but it doesn't recognize most gamepad controls

zombieagogo
07-30-2011, 07:43 AM
I was hoping to sit back in the ol' rockin' chair to play this one since it's description said it was controller enabled, but when you enable the gamepad it only recognizes the left stick. Anyone have any suggestions (aside from criticizing me for using a gamepad).

Thanks in advance.

lunged
07-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey, I agree. I tried using your basic Xbox 360 controller and this is not at all what I would consider "gamepad support." I hope the devs can fix this, or someone can tell us how to get it working properly.

edit: For the record, the gamepad works the same whether "Enable Gamepad" in options is checked or not.

zombieagogo
07-31-2011, 02:34 AM
Anyone found a workaround for this yet? Reminds me of all the pre-Half Life 2 games as they didn't work with a gamepad either.

fierywater
07-31-2011, 07:46 AM
I would also like an update on this issue, given that I'm on the fence and good gamepad support would definitely help me make my decision. :) What can I say, I like my HDTV.

suibriel
07-31-2011, 07:48 AM
You don't play FPS games with a controller. Are you guys nuts?

VeryBumpy
07-31-2011, 07:54 AM
You don't play FPS games with a controller. Are you guys nuts?

Gonna have to agree. This is a FPS PC game, gamepad support should be LAST on their list to worry about or fix. It should not of been listed as a feature IMO.

zombieagogo
07-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey remember the part of my original post that said: "aside from criticizing me for using a gamepad"...just checking.

I deeply regret that my using a gamepad for FPS' has such a negative impact on your life, so much so that you felt the need to post a comment. Thank you for your concern.

VeryBumpy
07-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Try xpadder. :confused: