PDA

View Full Version : Tips on beating the first boss

danu22
07-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Im having trouble nailing it, tried about 10 times now and It seems to kill me in 2 hits, Im guessing you have to do it perfectly.

Any tips?

:)

neobunny
07-30-2011, 10:26 AM
You want to try and upgrade your hp bar before facing him again if you are dieing that quickly. Go to the shop in town and buy the little bottle things, they will increase your max hp, but get more and more expensive with each one you buy, so sell any treasure you find on your travels to afford them.

You will also want to upgrade your equipment if possible. Get gloves to increase your attack and a shield to increase your defence. Both of which are secret treasure chest rewards in 2 parts of the first area.
Ruined Main Gate - Hit one of the 4 pillars across the bridge near exit (do a jumping attack to hit it). Gives shield
Grand Staircase - Break all the torches. Gives gloves.

postmanmanman
07-30-2011, 11:08 AM
It's also important to recognize his patterns and learn to utilize dodge.

He's only got three attacks: he can smash the ground with either of his fists, spin around with his arms outstretched, and leap into the air. The first is easy to avoid -- just run or dodge in the opposite direction. The second is always preceded by several blue rays being 'sucked in' to the boss, so when you see that happen, run back from him a little bit and then dodge backwards. The last is the most difficult to avoid, but it's still not at all bad. When he's just about to land, dodge backwards from him -- the invincibility frames will keep you safe if you time it correctly.

Remember, dodge is jump and attack at the same time.

careface312
07-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Get some more hp.

The actual fight is just a basic dodge fight, watch what arm he raises then move the other way, if you stay close enough when he spins it won't hit you and when he jumps slide away then get back in close to him once he returns to the centre of the room.

Also try having 6 green, red or blue spells ready. They take half his hp off before the fights even begins.

Uhzeer
07-30-2011, 11:43 AM
I found the easiest way to take him out was to kill off his arms first. Each one has about 450HP, usually two shots of the 2-charged green crystal take one out. Once one arm is gone, he'll start shooting an eye laser at you, but that's really no threat if you're standing somewhat close to him or really far away.

Once both his arms are gone, there's really nothing he can do to you except ground pound, and he doesn't seem to do it when you're up in his face.

Yayifications
07-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Stocked up on crystals, put on two Focus Rods, and beamspam.

I forget if the guy has an elemental weakness.

Just remember that you can break crates with one less strike if you open up with a jump-slash.

Kage_No_Shi
07-30-2011, 01:57 PM
You can check my video where I fight him HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBdAAGAgKDY).

I found him bloody hard too, until I figured out his predictable methods. He usually thrashes the ground thrice, and then either spins then jumps, or just jumps (also thrice). Taking off his arms is simply a matter of waiting for him to ready a strike, and dodging under them then attacking with magic at his exposed arm crystal.

According to a comment left by a user, he is weak to lightning magic.

SupaKK
07-30-2011, 03:29 PM
spend your money on two shields and MAX HP ups, then do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NPplbyjV2w

SailorTaurus
07-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Woah woah woah...you can destroy his ARMS!?

I just killed him by running around, attacking grass/barrels/torches for gems, and kept on firing spells at him and dodging until he died!

Then again, considering he apparently starts shooting you with lazers if you destroy his arms, I probably did it the safest way. ;)

Nerfed
07-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Green gems seem to work well (electric). I can't be assed to test, but if I recall, single attacks deal more than double (single is around 200 damage, double around 300? no? can't remembeeeer ;_;)

luca_blight
07-30-2011, 05:03 PM
If anyone still has trouble, I recommend picking up a red gem followed by a green, then using both together. It does almost ~500 damage and one shots its arms and almost two shots the main body.

samuel_erikson
07-30-2011, 05:34 PM
If anyone still has trouble, I recommend picking up a red gem followed by a green, then using both together. It does almost ~500 damage and one shots its arms and almost two shots the main body.
Thanks for the suggestion, that allowed me to finally beat the golem.

Pinny
07-30-2011, 05:57 PM
He's much easier if you destroy its arms. Sure, it shoots lasers, but now it's helpless at melee range unless it jumps.

Numbbi
07-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Dodge, jump attack, dodge, jump attack, repeat. Cast spells when avaiable.

Or try to destroy arms and then just melee away and dodge jumps.

Video of the boss by me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3VUE6OYwwc

52pickup
07-30-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm glad no-one's done my way, I feel unique. :)

OP, what I did was stock up on yellow crystals in the first/second map. Then, I just ran to the boss. Using Super Armor, I just went up to it and beat the hell out of it. :D Worked fine.

My stats were:

Leather Glove equipped
Wooden Shield equipped
40 HP

scatlin89
07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I had 2 gloves for the extra attack,then just stood right next to him and spammed over and over didnt let up

Ryuubei
07-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Filled up with e the green electric gems and then just cast them 1by1 took him down to next to nothing. Ran in close hit him a few times and it died.

Taking his arms off however gives you the added benefit of getting the treasure chest

Vunk
07-30-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm glad no-one's done my way, I feel unique. :)

OP, what I did was stock up on yellow crystals in the first/second map. Then, I just ran to the boss. Using Super Armor, I just went up to it and beat the hell out of it. :D Worked fine.

My stats were:

Leather Glove equipped
Wooden Shield equipped
40 HP

I did it, but I didn't used Super Armor. I only used evade, Golen didn't even touched me.

PS: Speed Boots and Leather Glove FTW

danu22
07-31-2011, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the tips I was able to beat him, I did not upgrade my HP bar that was the problem and I just learnt the patterns of its movement

PassingStranger
07-31-2011, 12:23 PM
This one took me awhile too. Upgrading your hp and equipment is key. What I also found is that if you get close enough, you cross through the range of his first two attacks, and he seems to be mostly unable to hit you with the fists or the spin, and so you can just get in real close and do repeated jump attacks. When he goes to jump, I found it helpful to watch the radar instead of him, since dashing too early will get you smashed. Just wait till his red dot is right over you before dashing.

It should be noted that if you want to get the treasure from this level, you need to destroy his arms, which I found was best done with magic attacks, especially lightning. Once you get a feel for his movements, this shouldn't be too hard.

pkt-zer0
07-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Don't buy equipment, find the hidden chests on each of the levels instead (you can also do that in practice mode). Spend the cash you saved this way on MaxHP up items, and you should be good.