PDA

View Full Version : Console commands?

kroonerman
07-30-2011, 08:35 PM
When scrolling through the options pane, I noticed there was a 'dev console enable' checkbox, or something to that effect.

Are there console commands like you'd find in other games? I'd honestly like to cheat myself a ton of cash and/or exp to play with weapons and character builds.

Tried googling and gamefaqs, but only one response was some pay-for-me website offering a trainer.

shiverz
07-30-2011, 10:20 PM
sv_cheats 1

kroonerman
07-31-2011, 07:05 AM
Cool, I'm starting to play with the dev console now, thanks for the cheats enable code.

I see that there are a lot of settings and toggles for setting up a custom server, but can anyone explain to me how to do simple cheats? The cvar output command, while massive, didn't have any commented sections I wanted, and none of the commands seemed to be what I was looking for.

Basically just exp/coin increases for playing with research and level builds.

But baring that, I guess a god mode cheat so I could randomly run around side missions and get the exp and coin I want for experimenting.

Normally I'd wait for a couple runs through a game before I cheat, but since there's no documentation, I'm getting frustrated.

Jerome720
08-01-2011, 12:24 PM
If you want quick EXP and cash, load up the secondary missions on the Mars level, go through the teleporter (or walk to)to the "Holly weed man" Looters area. There is a bride and from there use a weapon that can get you a lot of critical hits (for me it's that rapid fire sniper riffle) and shoot at those gun ships. It takes a long time to kill them with it, but you can get a lot of experience from doing critical hits on them. I loaded up my entire inventory with ammo for that and went up 10 levels just shooting at those things.
Kill a couple of 'em, complete the objectives, and there you go, you should end up with about 30k-60k depending.

StarDruid
08-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Use the larger .50 instead, two hits to kill them. Kill the giant Deus Ex's as well. Lots of money and exp.

F

Lord_WC
08-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Use the larger .50 instead, two hits to kill them. Kill the giant Deus Ex's as well. Lots of money and exp.

F

Much-much more xp with the first sniper (1-2 levels even at level 58 with the first sniper compared to a few k from the AP). As a rule of thumb, if you need to kill and you don't mind not getting xp, use the AP sniper. If you want xp, use the first one.

Valdorganos
08-10-2011, 12:43 AM
So I decided to use some help to beat the final bad fight at least. But now it seems I can't open the console. I checked and in options it is activated.

But when I try the key usually working it doesn't here. I'm using a Mac and an Apple keyboard, and a French keyboard and that doesn't help. I wonder what key open the console and is that can be changed?

I suppose it's "~" that open the console but alas on my French special keyboard I have no idea what the game expect because for my keyboard it's shift another key that trigger the "~".

Valdorganos
08-10-2011, 01:08 AM
So I decided to use some help to beat the final bad fight at least. But now it seems I can't open the console. I checked and in options it is activated.

But when I try the key usually working it doesn't here. I'm using a Mac and an Apple keyboard, and a French keyboard and that doesn't help. I wonder what key open the console and is that can be changed?

I suppose it's "~" that open the console but alas on my French special keyboard I have no idea what the game expect because for my keyboard it's shift another key that trigger the "~".

Well so here a solution, not perfect but working:
Quit the game and edit the file:
Steam\steamapps\common\eye\EYE\cfg\config.cfg
In this file change the line:
bind "~" "toggleconsole"

To something that suits your keyboard, seems not all keys working well, so better use a standard simple one:
bind "o" "toggleconsole"

Save and then in windows makes the file read only.

Don't forget later put back the file not read only again to change some setup. Possibly change the default config file after have backup it will be a better solution, I didn't tried.

FloatingBalloon
08-10-2011, 01:16 AM
When scrolling through the options pane, I noticed there was a 'dev console enable' checkbox, or something to that effect.

Are there console commands like you'd find in other games? I'd honestly like to cheat myself a ton of cash and/or exp to play with weapons and character builds.

Tried googling and gamefaqs, but only one response was some pay-for-me website offering a trainer.

Hi kroonerman refer to my already existing threads available at http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2036827 and http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2044372, additionally latxnemesis' thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2033172) though there is inaccurate information posted about the console commands (and it looks like he's banned so I doubt he'll be updating anytime soon) if it is useful to you, you can leave a comment/thanks as it'll bump the thread up for others.