PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Dragunslayer
07-31-2011, 02:36 AM
Is there a reason the game is accessing my webcam?

My webcam has a status light that turns on whenever it's being used and when I load the game up the light comes on. I can't seem to find any info as to a webcam use in the game so why's it accessing it at all?

edit: Nvm, answered my own question. Turns out my webcam was setup as my default microphone for some reason and the ingame voice chat was trying to use it.

AeneasXI
07-31-2011, 02:47 AM
The game is stalking you =0

Hertston
07-31-2011, 02:48 AM
On what I suspect is an associated issue I keep losing either my home network or net connection when playing E.Y.E (and only E.Y.E). I can't tell which, i.e whether it's network or hardware firewall as the whole lot goes down in either eventually until it restarts itself. I assume the issue is limited to my router/system as nobody else has mentioned it.

bertle
08-11-2011, 07:09 PM
On what I suspect is an associated issue I keep losing either my home network or net connection when playing E.Y.E (and only E.Y.E). I can't tell which, i.e whether it's network or hardware firewall as the whole lot goes down in either eventually until it restarts itself. I assume the issue is limited to my router/system as nobody else has mentioned it.

Actually you're not the only one. I and someone I know also get this. We're both in the UK and both on an ISP called "be unlimited". He has a different router to me.

Possibly related, ventrilo starts sending out errors claiming buffer overload.

So that's three of us at least. I'm wondering if there's more but people havn't realised that it's E.Y.E that's dropping their connection.

Clash
08-11-2011, 07:30 PM
The game is keeping an E.Y.E on you.

Small_Ambulance
08-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Actually you're not the only one. I and someone I know also get this. We're both in the UK and both on an ISP called "be unlimited". He has a different router to me.

Possibly related, ventrilo starts sending out errors claiming buffer overload.

So that's three of us at least. I'm wondering if there's more but people havn't realised that it's E.Y.E that's dropping their connection.

That might be related to the packet loss glitch in multiplayer (it causes people to lag, especially in New Eden), which is going to be addressed in the patch (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24304192&postcount=18).

sole21000
08-12-2011, 02:55 AM

I would rep you but apparently I've just given you rep for something....

Valdorganos
08-12-2011, 05:14 AM
That's freeky, and it remind me that level where I remember to have made multiple fights but there was none.

Still waiting someone explain me this one, it "can't" be false remembering. It's the level where you empty a cuve.

vagan
08-12-2011, 06:37 AM

lol !! +rep for that. :D