PDA

View Full Version : Okay... English Audio? Doesn't sound like it.

Joan Moldovia
07-31-2011, 05:00 AM
I just bought the game, I installed it, and it's Set to English in the Audio tab, but I swear it sounds like French, I just started the game, is it supposed to do this for the Intro/escape?

The Subtitles are in English so it's not like I'm missing anything Major, but... is this a bug/is there a fix?

skacky
07-31-2011, 05:01 AM
Hello,
The spoken language used in the game is a new language we specifically created for the game. All the text files are in English if you are playing in English though.

I hope this answered your questions. ;)

MrBlowfish
07-31-2011, 05:02 AM
I think it is a made up language, it doesn't have real VO. In case I'm wrong sorry for insulting your language. :)

edit.: I type sooo slow. :)

Zenom911
07-31-2011, 05:02 AM
It's appearently a mix of latin, french and something else, or something like that, but since most of the dialogue in the game is more text-heavy, the voicovers shouldnt matter too much. That's just what I think though.

nik5ar
07-31-2011, 05:04 AM
Hello,
The spoken language used in the game is a new language we specifically created for the game. All the text files are in English if you are playing in English though.

I thought that was the case. It really works to enhance the atmosphere. Great idea.

vagan
07-31-2011, 05:06 AM
Hello,

very nice touch. i have to say i liked that a lot in the first minutes with the game.first i thought it was Russian, but soon realized that it was an fantasy language.adds to the immersion-and the language really sounds quite cool.thumbs up for that idea!

Joan Moldovia
07-31-2011, 05:07 AM
Thank You Skacky I -thought- that was the case, just wasn't sure!

Now I feel like an idiot. Second question, Any hope of getting crouch to be a toggled ability?

Edit, and I COMPLETELY agree with Vagan.

skacky
07-31-2011, 05:11 AM
Hello again,
We'll see if we can get a toggle-crouch ability, but it is not one of our priorities for now. But who knows?

Thank you again. ;)

Insano-Man
07-31-2011, 05:19 AM
I haven't picked up the game (yet), but I threw together this method for Garry's Mod a long time ago. Assuming the game still recognizes ordinary Source console commands, toss this into your autoexec file:
alias +crouch_1 "+duck; alias toggle_crouch_1 -crouch_1"
alias -crouch_1 "-duck; alias toggle_crouch_1 +crouch_1"
alias toggle_crouch_1 "+crouch_1"
Then bind whatever key you need to "toggle_crouch_1". Crouch should now be toggled.

Elenoe
07-31-2011, 05:25 AM
well, it doesnt work for me. I like many languages in game, but when my character should understand I should too. And not every sentences are translated, so when I dont understand what my char do, its not good choice IMO. It would be the same with french I guess but I would feel better, thats actually my fault, not by design.

Joan Moldovia
07-31-2011, 07:34 AM
I haven't picked up the game (yet), but I threw together this method for Garry's Mod a long time ago. Assuming the game still recognizes ordinary Source console commands, toss this into your autoexec file:
alias +crouch_1 "+duck; alias toggle_crouch_1 -crouch_1"
alias -crouch_1 "-duck; alias toggle_crouch_1 +crouch_1"
alias toggle_crouch_1 "+crouch_1"
Then bind whatever key you need to "toggle_crouch_1". Crouch should now be toggled.

Not sure how I'd modify an Autoexec file, not even sure where to find it

Insano-Man
08-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Not sure how I'd modify an Autoexec file, not even sure where to find it

Go into "Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/EYE/eye/cfg". I'm going to assume there isn't an autoexec.cfg file in there. So here's how you make one:

1. Open Notepad.

2. Add the code you want to the file (this step can be performed at any time as .cfg files can be opened and saved with Notepad without any consequences).

3. Save the file.

4. Set Windows to show extensions for known file types.

5. Change the file's extension to .cfg instead of .txt.

6. Place autoexec.cfg into your cfg folder mentioned before.

And that's done. The game will now automatically load that file on startup and apply any commands inside of it - in this case, the toggled crouch script.

Edit: Not sure if anyone'll see this edit, but I bought the game and fixed the file path accordingly.