PDA

View Full Version : Worst keyboard controls ever?

Mr Miyagi
08-01-2011, 06:36 PM
And you can't remap? LOL pass.

Sonic
08-01-2011, 06:46 PM
-_-

Some ppl.
You can remap in conf utility you know?

Ryuubei
08-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Course you can remap, though why you'd want to play this on a keyboard is beyond me. You're better off with a game pad, that way you wont tie your fingers into knots trying to hit the keys heheeh

NC37
08-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Ummm I'm guessing your some kind of moron who lacks a brain or has the brain of a goldfish. Theres this thing called Config when you start it up. Gee I wonder what that is for...

Gamepad is indeed much better. But to make it playable on keys, you need to remap them. I recommend mapping movement and camera to one hand and attacking/etc to the other.

Obsidian1510
08-01-2011, 09:50 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2iqmro3.jpg

^ Hey look it's the game configuration utility and control mapping

...look harder next time.

ED: Also, using a double-paw setup for my keyboard controls. Works pretty well, actually. I don't think I'd need a controller at all, this works well enough. The screenshot shows what I'm using.

Codine
08-01-2011, 09:59 PM
The game asks you if you want to launch the config tool when you start the game. Why do people not read and just instantly get the urge to complain?

Ryuubei
08-01-2011, 11:36 PM
In all honesty it doesn't always ask you if you want to load the config. It never has for me, i had to access it through steam directly

Kage_No_Shi
08-02-2011, 07:41 AM
In all honesty it doesn't always ask you if you want to load the config. It never has for me, i had to access it through steam directlySame here. Never asked with either this game or Recettear.

Still though, this is a gamepad game, that much is clear. I didn't even try it with Mouse and Keyboard and I still am pretty sure it wouldn't be much fun that way. Comments I've read here and other places back up that feeling of mine >_>

Nerfed
08-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Right click steam in the task bar and launch Chantelise from there: launches Chantelise
Use a shortcut on the desktop or anywhere else: launches Chantelise

Open your steam library, click Chantelise, then click "Play": you are given the option to boot Chantelise, or the config utility.

Sonic
08-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Some ppl are just re_tarded, see he even haven't come here replying us

tech7
08-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Same here. Never asked with either this game or Recettear.

Still though, this is a gamepad game, that much is clear. I didn't even try it with Mouse and Keyboard and I still am pretty sure it wouldn't be much fun that way. Comments I've read here and other places back up that feeling of mine >_>

I prefer gamepad for such games, but I played many games with similar controls on the keyboard. No problem at all, as long as you can remap these buttons, luckily you can do this in Chantelise ;)

MithranArkanere
08-02-2011, 01:03 PM
If you don't need a mouse for a game and there are few controls to map, it's way better to use a gamepad.

This is one of those cases.

What you don't do is use a gamepad for party-strategy RPGS (like baldur's gate or neverwinter nights), strategy games and, most important, first-person shooters. That would be a travesty.