PDA

View Full Version : A-10C Warthog 1.1.0.9 patch update

blaster71
08-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Patch 1.1.0.9 has been out for awhile. Sure wish Steam would update this sometime?

TatsueN
08-03-2011, 01:28 AM
If you run out of patience with waiting for the steam update, do note that your Steam key is valid for using the download at digitalcombatsimulator.com.

If deciding to go that route, I'd recommend the full installer and to install outside of Steam (C:\Games or whatever). There should be no need for activation. You might also want to rename the SavedGames folder (or delete it) in this case.

blaster71
08-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks TatsueN. Great suggestion. I will check it out.

HornetOne85
08-04-2011, 01:18 AM
From DCS forum, it is mentioned that the update will be on Steam "in a week or two".
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=72570

It should be pretty soon. If I were you I'd wait.

robbc00
08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Why do it take so long for the patch to be pushed out on Steam?

TatsueN
08-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Because the patch gets uploaded to digitalcombatsimulator.com literally as soon as it's approved. For steam, it has to go through channels, and the patcher itself cannot be used because Steam uses a different method.

robbc00
08-10-2011, 01:16 AM
It just seems like along time.

TatsueN
08-10-2011, 01:38 AM
The difference is that it's not held up until all channels are ready.

I am part of the Testing team for DCS products, and I'll tell you that it's up on the DCS site literally hours after we've checked all the boxes*. Normal method otherwise is akin to normal initial release - a game that is released on DVD could have been released digitally usually as much as two months earlier - but they hold up to let the printing and everything else catch up. With patches, they typically endeavour to make a simultaneous launch.

There are exceptions - there have been several patches to Empire and Dragon Age games, for example, that were out for "regular" customers a week before they got to Steam. The issue is compounded by the fact that Eagle Dynamics is a very small company, and it is independent - no huge distributor to lean on.

So yes, it seems like a long time, but there are sane reasons for it.

*takes a while to upload to all the servers. ;)

robbc00
08-10-2011, 11:22 AM
There are exceptions - there have been several patches to Empire and Dragon Age games, for example, that were out for "regular" customers a week before they got to Steam

I have a lot of games on Steam and about a week is normal.
I'm just going to get it from the website and reinstall.

TatsueN
08-10-2011, 07:54 PM
So do I - 130 to be exact.

In general, I don't buy games where I'd care about how quickly patches get released through Steam though. Anytime where I want to have full control, Steam isn't the answer for me. Fortunately, most of my non-sim gaming is sort of laid back where I don't care if I have to wait for a couple weeks because some bug is delayed. :)

robbc00
08-11-2011, 12:48 PM
I have 205
Glad I waited an extra day...updating now

captain_video
08-11-2011, 05:04 PM
So do I - 130 to be exact.

I'm assuming you have +130 games rather than -130 games. :) But how did your forum ID get a negative reputation?

TatsueN
08-11-2011, 05:28 PM
The "-" was markup. A pause. Common in sectioning text, sort of similar to parantheses, colon, semicolon etc. ;) Negative 130 games would have been -130 <--- note the lack of a space. ;)

My neg-rep was when I was jarateed off at a game that was released to steam with a "silent" 3rd-party DRM that made it unplayable the same day it was purchased due to benchmarking it. (It automatically activated every time, without notification and without even informing the user that it was there in the first place. The first the user knew about it was when the user got locked out of the game.) I vented my frustrations and some moderators disapproved. :)

captain_video
08-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I didn't even think it was possible to get negative rep, yours is the first I've ever seen.

Remotely closer to the topic: Since you're a tester, do know if it's possible to get one of the devs to get their Steam rep to change the name of this forum to something like "DCS series" instead of just Black Shark?

TatsueN
08-11-2011, 09:28 PM
It's been brought up already, as far as I know. I'll check on it tho.

(And yeah, moderators/staff can give negative rep here.)