PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play this with a 360 controller?

-B.A.Frayd-
08-03-2011, 12:37 AM
And how good is the control compared to the mouse and keyboard?

Sometimes I just want to sit back in my chair and relax a bit, ya know?:cool:

Thanks for any opinions given!

Ryuubei
08-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Games like this should never be played with a controller imo

You need a mouse to be able to do the quick reactions and deployment of repairs and stuff. Controller would work for the commander, but would suck at the deployment

11 bit studios
08-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Actually, I prefer the pad controller most, as it really gives action feeling and deploying of abilities is pretty easy. But it's my subjective opinion, the programmer dude sitting next me, prefers mouse and keyboard.

xankazo
08-03-2011, 06:41 AM
So, it HAS native controller support? Sweet!

Cimlite
08-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Mouse and keyboard feels a bit more precise in my opinion but I still prefer the gamepad in this game. M/KB has the advantage that you can click exactly where you want to place an ability, however just walking around feels much more intuitive with the gamepad.

Either control worked very well though, so it's up to personal preference.

So, it HAS native controller support? Sweet!
It worked "out of the box" for me (360 controller), don't even have to configure anything.

Psychometric
08-03-2011, 09:48 AM
I've been playing it with my pad, works without needing to configure anything, and the controls work perfect. There's nothing I've come up against yet that seems like you'd need super-quick mouse reaction speed anyway, games like this are more about long-term planning than reaction speed.

cmburch
08-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I am new to PC games. No idea what a pad is. I am using a wireless XBox PC controller. Works well. I will have to figure out keyboard cmds to see if there is a difference.

TheEditor
08-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Why would you even want to try? Seriously, the keyboard has been used for many many years and it never got replaced or got any major overhauls in the course of time. Why? Because it works!

freibooter
08-08-2011, 12:46 AM
For me and for this game, the Xbox 360 works better. It makes controls feel more direct.

TheEditor's comment is naive to say the least. Some games play better with a gamepad, some better with mouse and keyboard. Some games are borderline impossible or at least very unenjoyable to play with mouse and keyboard (racing games for example), it's the other way around with others.

This game works well enough with all input methods it offers, personally, I'm having the most fun with the Xbox 360 controller.

musyne
02-12-2012, 07:54 AM
I much prefer playing with the controller too.

Too bad it doesn't work on Mac though. I hope the dev can fix it.
It works fine on Windows.

GuardianAngel42
02-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Why would you even want to try? Seriously, the keyboard has been used for many many years and it never got replaced or got any major overhauls in the course of time. Why? Because it works!

Actually that's probably because most people with computers don't play games, they type and browse. And the Keyboard and mouse are damn near flawless at that sort of task.

ttdm
08-02-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm running OS X Mountain Lion, with the Tattiebogle 0.11 driver, and the game doesn't recognize my xbox 360 wired controller