PDA

View Full Version : Game hangs at 'Creating Borders'

neural_jam
08-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi, I've downloaded the demo, but it won't load past 'creating borders', even when I left it for 20 mins and came back. I can still ctrl alt del out of it, so the system doesn't completely lock up. I'd like to resolve this issue because I'd like to buy the game in the current sale.

Specs:
Win 7
p4 3Ghz hyperthreaded
1Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6200
plenty of hard drive space

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

KarlMonster
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm afraid that all I can suggest is either

a) validate the game files

b) re-install the demo

About 15% of tech support requests are corrected by a game re-install. I had such a problem when I Purchased Europa Universalis III: Complete. I myself had to install the game 3 times before it worked right.

42 = the answer
08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Just a suggestion, I'm not sure it will work though:

Go to your Steam\steamapps\common\EUIII\map\cache folder and delete everything inside this "cache" folder. The game will recreate the needed files with next startup. (including borders)

neural_jam
08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately they didn't work though, so I guess I'll have to keep trying!

neural_jam
08-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Ok, so on a hunch I decided to buy the full game anyway (complete was only 2.50 in the sale, so I thought 'what the hell?'), and it turns out the full game runs when the demo does not (I have other problems now though, but I'll put those in a new thread).

Isn't half the point of a demo to see whether the game will run on your PC? I mean seriously, not updating the demo to match the full game strikes me as a little bit shoddy..!

Oh well..!