PDA

View Full Version : Call of Pripyat Complete crashes after loading a save

tacobandit744
08-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi all.

I recently installed this mod and it looks great.
However, I can load a save once at start up and everything is fine.

But once I die, if I try to load last save, the game will crash.
Any Ideas?

Specs

Vista 32 bit
GTX 460 Se (x1)
4gb ddr3 ram

(In other words,I can run the game)

Custom333
08-03-2011, 09:45 AM
When is the save? If it's in Pripyat Underground, google "Call of Pripyat Complete Pripyat Underground crash" for the patch. Other than that, it might just be a corrupted save.

tacobandit744
08-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Update guys.

I figured out that the dying is the only thing that causes it to crash. I loaded a save without dying and it didn't crash. And I downloaded it from the news thing you see in the CoP recent news thing, or here (http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2010/04/mod-call-of-pripyat-complete.html)

BTW, the saves aren't corrupted.

UPDATE: The bug report thing popped up and provided this.

xrEngine.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\stalker call of pripyat\bin\xrCore.dll" at 001B:00C8E12E, xrDebug::backend()+174 byte(s)

Bad_Motha
08-03-2011, 12:19 PM
If you use CoP Complete, I would also use the 3GB RAM Patch for CoP (http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-complete/downloads). I've yet to have COMPLETE crash after having used this patch. It patches CoP game .EXE, not the mod. But due to how much resources COMPLETE can add into RAM, this patch helps the overall game quite a bit.

Bombastix
08-03-2011, 12:37 PM
It patches CoP game .EXE...

Wouldn't that get you problems with the steam version of CoP? I think I read something about patching steam .EXEs giving out an error asking for the correct DVD to be inserted.

[edit]
Uh, okay then :) Thanks for clarifying that!

Proceed.

Bad_Motha
08-03-2011, 12:47 PM
It shouldn't because you're not patching the XRENGINE.EXE, just the Stalker-COP.EXE

I'm using the 3GB Patch on the Steam version and works fine. Before the patch, COMPLETE gave me random issues that other mods didn't. But it's just because with other mods, CoP never utilized as much RAM.

tacobandit744
08-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Where do I put the patch, as I have learned I have 3gb ram.

Bad_Motha
08-03-2011, 08:10 PM
You only need it if you have over 3GB of system RAM.
If you have 3GB or less of RAM, there is no possible way CoP would ever be able to use a full 3GB RAM at any given time.

Aside from that, to use the patch do this:
Extract the included files to a temp folder.
Located Stalker-COP.EXE in the root folder of where CoP is installed. Copy that into the temp folder with those patch files. Once you've copied Stalker-COP.EXE over, rename Stalker-COP.EXE in your root CoP folder as a way to backup that file (just in case); i.e. backup_Stalker-COP.EXE

Now in the temp folder, open START.BAT
Follow the directions. Very simple, press key to continue, press A.
Once it says Large Address Aware has been enabled, press key to continue and then E to exit.

After this copy the Stalker-COP.EXE from the temp folder back to the CoP's root install folder. Enjoy!

tacobandit744
08-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Well, that didn't work. I guess I'll just have to try not to die more often :(

iDre
06-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I had a crash from loading a savegame and the behaviour was really weird. It seems strange, but over several hours of troubleshooting I was able to reproduce the behaviour so I'm quite confident this is how it works (for me at least):

Loading a particular save would crash the game. This save would then be corrupted and could never be loaded again without crashing.
After this happened, restarting the game and trying to load an older save would also crash the game, and corrupt that save as well. DO NOT LOAD ANY MORE SAVES AS THEY WILL CRASH AND BE CORRUPTED.

To fix, I set the graphics to Static Lighting and absolute minimum. (If you want, you can backup your USER.LTX before this so its easier to restore custom settings later, but it seems all my crashing generally comes from the higher the graphics settings I use, so you may consider trying lower settings anyways.)

Next, relaunch the game. DO NOT load a corrupted save as it will still crash. But, having the settings on minimum will allow you to load older saves that you suspect are still good WITHOUT corrupting these. Do so. Now oddly enough you can restore your graphics settings and continue on from this save, and hope for the best that it doesn't happen again (or reduce your gfx to reduce crashes).

So, I figure if the best thing to do when you first get a load game crash is:

1) Backup your savegames
2) Keep a version of USER.LTX around that has absolute minimal graphics settings, and pop this in.
3) Load up a known good savegame. Quit.
4) Restore the USER.LTX that has your desired graphics settings.
5) Continue from the known good savegame.

Good luck!

BTW, the 3 GB patch does not seem to have any effect on anything (for me). Some comments on the original download site seem to agree.

iDre
06-12-2012, 06:53 AM
BTW, my specs:

GeForce GTX 460 1 GB
4 GB RAM
Core2Duo E8400 overclocked @ 3.6 Ghz
Windows 7 64 bit

NatVac
06-19-2012, 02:28 AM
To quote Kocayine yet again: "why does everyone hate the log"?

"Out of memory" is only one kind of problem that can occur. The end of the log file usually is much more useful to determine the cause of the crash, consequently yielding ideas on how to fix it.

If dying is causing a game to crash, it probably is not due to running out of memory. The log can help here with tacobandit744's problem as well.