PDA

View Full Version : There's no real SP, right?

Data87
08-03-2011, 02:38 PM
It's just MP maps with bots?

BuckarooBanzai
08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
It's just MP maps with bots?

they make it sound like there is a story line, but yeah bots. hard to say how crappy the bots are, I assume when they were using them to demo the game at conventions the bots were on stupid mode.

xteam1234
08-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Pretty much. The objectives might differ from standard gameplay though. You get introductions for every mission as well.

Yoshiro
08-03-2011, 03:08 PM
It is more then MP with bots, but it is also not a cinematic story line based on one character.

We tell the story of the battles in and around Stalingrad, not focusing on any individual or particular unit.

emp
08-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm expecting to get the gist of the historical events in each site, not a 10 hour long World War 2 action movie.

AeneasXI
08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
think the SP will be a great way for newer players to get the hang of the game before they charge into MP-battle =]

And I also think tripwire is thinking the same. The sp will be nice to test weapons and all and get a feeling for the weapons and controls.

QuattroBajeena
08-03-2011, 04:37 PM
they make it sound like there is a story line, but yeah bots. hard to say how crappy the bots are, I assume when they were using them to demo the game at conventions the bots were on stupid mode.

Yah, one of the interview stated that they made the AI extremely stupid on purpose.

tsmike
08-03-2011, 05:25 PM
It is more then MP with bots, but it is also not a cinematic story line based on one character.

We tell the story of the battles in and around Stalingrad, not focusing on any individual or particular unit.

Hmm.

That sounds an awful lot like Brink's "Singleplayer", and they got quite a bit of criticism for that.

mokov
08-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Can you give orders to the bots?

Shoelip
08-03-2011, 06:19 PM
If you're a team/squad leader then yes. It's got a Brothers in Arms style system for that from what I've seen.

BuckarooBanzai
08-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Can you give orders to the bots?

there's actually demo footage of it, don't feel like sifting thru the mountain of video clips. but most demos they have done are in SP anyway. just take into account the bots are on the lowest setting and are very dumb.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=red+orchestra+2+gameplay&aq=1z&oq=red+orchestra+2

MIK3K
08-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Thank you Tripwire for including bots. Too many games leave them out. Bots in games = instant buy for me.

I work 60-70 per week plus all the other requirements in life. I don't have time to get that good at multiplayer games. I don't like hackers or having 12-year-olds curse my mother (rest her soul). I have no intention of becoming a professional gamer. I game for fun in small, frequent doses.

Love,

Mik3k

Praxius
08-03-2011, 10:42 PM
There is a SP in RO:Ostfront, but they were really crude and basic but you could set their difficulty, from poor as a blind man shooting the side of a barn, to aimbot wizards picking you off from halfway across the map with a pistol.... from everything I was told, RO2 will have a SP version as well and much better than what was on RO1.

RO's main focus has always been in multiplayer action and team play with real players...... SP is usually just a training area to get the basics of the gameplay before you head online.

I have found most war-related FPS's these days focus more on multiplayer as well.... I noticed I fly right through the Single Player games on CoD and BF:BC2.... they're short and get repetitive real fast.... at least with RO1, you could change it up a bit, change difficulties, player/bot amounts, maps, lengths, etc.... I'm sure RO2 will improve upon this.

breadtruck
08-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Its a series of events to play thru, but no "Hollywood story" of cutscenes like CoD

Derpu
08-04-2011, 06:37 AM
The bots are evil though so watch out.One second your thinking they are going to help you,next second they run off snickering while you die.

taKer
08-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Hmm.

That sounds an awful lot like Brink's "Singleplayer", and they got quite a bit of criticism for that.

People who reviewed Brink for single player were morons, It's like reviewing Battlefield 1942's or Unreal Tournmanets single player...

wazups 2x
08-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Hmm.

Well, that also might have to do with the fact that Brink sucked.

kafuzz
08-04-2011, 11:42 AM
I cant wait to play the SP campaign, reminds me of the Star Wars Battlefront series' campaign where you would play as many different soldiers and only focus on the epic battle in front of you.

rotaugen454
08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Thank you Tripwire for including bots. Too many games leave them out. Bots in games = instant buy for me.

I work 60-70 per week plus all the other requirements in life. I don't have time to get that good at multiplayer games. I don't like hackers or having 12-year-olds curse my mother (rest her soul). I have no intention of becoming a professional gamer. I game for fun in small, frequent doses.

Love,

Mik3k

Old guys rule!

Wilsonam
08-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Yah, one of the interview stated that they made the AI extremely stupid on purpose.

Errr... huh?

XStationCube
08-04-2011, 03:32 PM
So does the singleplayer at least have dialogue or something, or is it just multiplayer with bots?

Nordoyle
08-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Errr... huh?

Think they are talking about this video here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkk3SiywLHI#t=16m00s

lawlessx
08-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Errr... huh?

Think he's referring to one of the demos of the game where the guy playing made it so the A.I were pushovers.

Shoelip
08-04-2011, 04:20 PM
So does the singleplayer at least have dialogue or something, or is it just multiplayer with bots?

The single player campaign has an overview explaining what's happening in the level you're about to play. It then has a briefing from your CO explaining your objectives. Then you get thrown into a version of the multiplayer maps and have to complete those objectives. I'm not clear if they are specific unique objectives, or if it's just territory capture mode, or if it's a combination of both.

Wilsonam
08-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Combination of both... the SP combines elements of Territory and Countdown gameplay. After the early missions, you are in position to direct other squad members/squads as well - or you can "lead from the front" and rambo it. Kinda think of parallels with the original Rainbow Six missions - just on large-scale maps, with a lot more friendlies/enemies. Defending missions can get tricky - especially if you don't realise the AI enemy have flanked you position (as I did when demoing for Gametrailers recently and suddenly found an enemy squad hitting me from behind and destroying my whole squad in short order, on camera. Oh well...)