PDA

View Full Version : More games like Braid and LIMBO?

Stollen
08-04-2011, 03:07 AM
The title says it all.
Anyone knows more good games like these? For PC.

Cheers!

Dunther
08-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Maybe The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, but I'm not sure since I have not played it yet...

dstar2
08-05-2011, 12:25 AM
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom does fit the bill, as does The Path.

I think Night Sky, Blueberry Garden are also similar, you could try their demos and see for yourself.

Edit: I should also mention The Void, although it is not a puzzle platformer, it is an interesting-but-very-difficult artistic experience.

Anza Power
08-05-2011, 03:11 AM
World of Goo and Cogs, they're not platformers like Braid and Limbo but the nice fuzzy feeling you get each time you solve a level is still the same, and the graphics are nice on the eyes...

marepbc
08-05-2011, 03:34 AM
You can try Toki Tori. It is also 2d character puzzle/logic game.

Stollen
08-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the answers!
The Void and The Path are great games. Truly weird though :P
World of Goo is awesome! Wish they'd make more levels or an expansion or something.

The other's are new to me, gonna check them all out!

If you come up with more, just put the names here ^_^

DashAnimal
08-05-2011, 10:09 PM
And Yet It Moves
When I first saw this game, I hated it. It looked weird and unappealing. However, I just bought the Humble Bundle last week and was able to play through it... and not only do I enjoy it, i MAY just put it on the same level as Braid and Limbo.

After your eyes adapt to the visual aspect, you really end up loving it. The worlds open up and you can't wait to find out what is next. The music is serene and relaxing.

And the puzzles themselves are enjoyable to play, and always changing and challanging.

I left this game having some desire of wanting to return to the world of AYIM. It's great.

Dunther
08-06-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't think And Yet it Moves is something special, but it's not bad...

Oh well, maybe you can try the Osmos demo too, I think it's an awesome game and if I recall correctly Jon Blow suggested it somewhere...

Suntro
08-09-2011, 09:40 AM
VVVVVV is a fun 2D side-scroller featuring some innovative controls. I highly recommend that one.

Don Isauro
08-09-2011, 09:30 PM
You must try CAPSIZED. It's an awesome game. I really mean it, awesome.
Another indie game i loved was TRINE. It has a lot of puzzles too and amazing graphics.
Both games are 2D platformers

held
08-10-2011, 01:33 AM
BEEP is also very good.

Stollen
08-11-2011, 12:55 AM
I just love to check in on this forum now and then and find out people are still posting!
Trine sure is good. Already beat that one also ^_^
VVVVVV... sorry. That just didn't look appealing at all. Same with And Yet It moves, but I tried it!
Alse tried the demo of Blueberry Garden. That was weird. xD Nothing I fancied though.

BEEP and CAPSIZED seems sweet. Definitely gonna try 'em out.

Keep adding titles. Making me happy <3
Especially if you find more dark/mysterious like Limbo, The Path, Amnesia, and even Braid.

Cheers!

Mr_Twister_242
08-29-2011, 01:36 AM
The first game suggested here is actually closest to Braid : The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. It's more funny than mysterious, but it has great atmosphere, and it's gamestyle is often compared to Braid. If you haven't tried it: warmly recommended.

For dark/mysterious, I was going to say Amnesia and The Path, but you already seem to know them. :D

RonikCZ
08-29-2011, 08:47 AM
You might like Aquaria.

inspiral66
09-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Some good recs here. Think I'll look Beep up. Not familiar with that one. Meanwhile, let me add Blocks That Matter to your list of games-to-try. It's a great platform puzzler that pays homage to the days of 16-bit.

wavespirit75
11-26-2011, 10:55 PM
May be you can have a look on Silvester Adventure, its a game inspired by Braid and The Misadventure of P.B. Winterbottom. However, its only for iOS.

If you are interested in it, here are some details of it:
Game Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpZq2u3MwV4)
iTunes Link (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/silvester-adventure/id477356164)

gordonfreeman1
11-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Trine ... Not exactly like braid but still a good puzzle platformer/side scroller with gorgeous graphics and amazing soundtrack!!!

TigerDRena
11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
thanks for all these comments and the topic creator :D
i was just searchin for games similar to limbo myself.
ill try nightsky, world of goo and trine since i own them thx to a friend. ^^

also found gish: http://store.steampowered.com/app/9500/ but idk anythin bout this game, just that it also has a similar gameplay and that 2 of my friends own it.

chachee99
12-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Trine and Trine 2

King Christof
12-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Cave Story!

Sonkilary
12-31-2011, 12:41 PM
You Fogot a non STEAM unfortenately:

OiO The Game Full Review about the Game here:

http://www.oio-thegame.com/

Achievement included in the game.

Shad0WeN
01-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Consider checking out Bob Came in Pieces. It's not very well known but it's an interesting physics-based puzzle solving game that involves building your ship in different configurations to suit the task at hand.

NightChime
03-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Stollen, the next time you're feeling short on intriguing games (which might take quite some time, what with all the other good suggestions) I highly recommend you do give VVVVVV a chance. Some of the platforming may be rather difficult, but the checkpoints are always close at hand, so you can quickly try again, turning into a sort of trial-and-error method of figuring out a puzzle, as there's usually a little trick that makes that section easier.

I heartily recommend Crayon Physics Deluxe, even if it has much more in common with World of Goo than Braid. It's got a charm to it that reminds you of the wonder and fascination we all had for the world when we were little (not that I'm against having similar outlooks as adults!) Best of all, it's just great to see your creations physicking around, often resulting in magical moments of hilarity.

Also check out Stabyourself.net for some nifty (free) puzzly games.

cirby88
03-14-2012, 01:56 PM
I would suggest vessel it is a new game and is simply amazing I found it to be quite similar to LIMBO and braid!

Shad0WeN
03-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I would suggest vessel it is a new game and is simply amazing I found it to be quite similar to LIMBO and braid!

good to hear, it's on my wishlist even though I didn't get around to trying out the demo yet :p

Sonkilary
03-16-2012, 04:46 AM
There are Also DustForce,Vessel,Gish,Sideway,Rayman Origins,Sonic Generations,Stealth Bastard(FREE GAME) and OwlBoy(Demo Available ATM).

Shad0WeN
03-17-2012, 09:51 PM
There are Also DustForce,Vessel,Gish,Sideway,Rayman Origins,Sonic Generations,Stealth Bastard(FREE GAME) and OwlBoy(Demo Available ATM).

Disagree with these. None of them are really puzzle games, with the exception of perhaps Vessel. They are definitely more action-oriented than anything. While Braid and Limbo may have some platforming elements, it's the puzzles that are at the core of the game.

ShamanManta
03-25-2012, 01:30 PM
"The Binding of Isaac" and "Super Meat Boy" are good games, try it out

Sonkilary
03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Disagree with these. None of them are really puzzle games, with the exception of perhaps Vessel. They are definitely more action-oriented than anything. While Braid and Limbo may have some platforming elements, it's the puzzles that are at the core of the game.

Stealth Bastard(FREE GAME) is.

Slormer
04-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I would also recommend Trine 1 and 2, maybe Wik Fable of Souls, and Winterbottom for sure, which was already mentioned.

masterneme
04-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Old but very good ones are Abe's Odyssee and Exoddus.

For free there also is I Wanna Be The Guy, probably the most difficult game ever, similar to Super Meat Boy in graphics but 100 times harder.

And if you like classics you could try Commander Keen.

IGHOR
03-05-2013, 05:24 PM
I recomend Rochard.

Slyke
03-18-2013, 01:37 AM
The Bridge was quite good.

abafaba_1
06-03-2013, 03:47 PM
More levels for those that want more.
I have been a huge fan of Braid for a few years now and have sadly come to the conclusion that there will never be a sequal. On the bright side however the creators did give us the ability to make our own levels and with these super complicated tools there is a small group of people who went above and beond and created their own full length games using the tools. I have sifted through the internet for a year now and determined that there are 5 great user made revisions of Braid. Because these have all been independant and far between there has not been a good consolidation of them. This is what I did, I got the full map packs together in a easy to install package and put it on the internet in hopes it will encourage people to keep playing great puzzle games. So down below is the link to the files. The instructions are inside and super easy to set up. Let me warn you though, these levels are rather difficult. This is for those that finished the original game and felt they wanted to do more puzzels like collecting the stars. Another note is that you do need the full game for these to work (this is only a map pack extension). I have given credit to all the creators in my readme file and you can find in there the links to their original works. I hope someone gets some enjoyment out of these great puzzles. Enjoy :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a0qrtom41hv68d9/BraidUniverses.zip

eXtide
12-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Here i have found a list of games like braid (http://www.gameslikex.com/Braid/), where you can see directly the screenshots of the other games.

However, i have to say, that i agree to abafaba_1 - hardly one game of those in the thread or on the list above gives you really the feeling you got while playing Braid. I hope the developer are going to make some new dope for us :)