PDA

View Full Version : SKYRIM Available for Pre-order!

TheRevanchist
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
With 20% extra discount for the QuakeCon pack! :D

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/

Mr.SwingKing
08-04-2011, 11:20 AM
YIHAAAA!

AM_Buckle
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm in the UK and can't seem to pre-order either this or Rage.

T________T Cruel, cruel world.

T@F
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
No pre order button there for me.
Uk site btw.

Zamav
08-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Mother of God.

epsylon_Z1
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0f6hxua00

:mad:

JetFuel
Stop right there criminal scum!

dragonuminator
08-04-2011, 11:25 AM
IT DAWNS IN FIRE!

MoonUNit
08-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Nice deal.

Too bad I have 90% of the games in the Quakecon pack.

xboxer
08-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Yup and RAGE is available for pre-order for non-yanks too. Except for Brits and probably the Aussies as well.

TheRevanchist
08-04-2011, 11:28 AM
So... This. Plus the QuakeCon pack. I am gonna go way over my monthly gaming budget. Thanks a lot Valve/Bethesda.

AM_Buckle
08-04-2011, 11:29 AM
You can now pre-order RAGE in the UK for 29.99 ... I'd MUCH prefer Skyrim.

epsylon_Z1
08-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Except for Brits and probably the Aussies as well.And i think in the EU .

Balraw
08-04-2011, 11:31 AM
:( Aww damn it I got all excited then only to be let down. I have posted before that I thought Skyrim wouldn't be available on Steam in the UK due to the supposed unconfirmed "GAME exclusivity deal" and it looks like it strikes again. :mad:

It would be nice if Steam/Bethesda could confirm the situation for us UK users so we know where we stand at least. Though I am not going to hold my breath as they seem to think saying nothing is the best way to guarantee customer satisfaction. I will probably just do as I originally planned and visit Amazon (though I really would prefer to purchase through Steam.)

T@F
08-04-2011, 11:32 AM
yep getting sick and tyerd of the eu getting left out because of company's like game crying put it on steam we wont stock it.

who gives a **** if they don't stock it more and more ppl are buying online anyway,if there not buying off amazon or playcom or zavvi there buying off steam.
Oh wait we cannot buy the latest stuff off steam because of these stupid agreements.

LtPinback
08-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Let me get this clear if I pre-order Skyrim at 50€ I can get Quakecon Pack 2011 at 30% discount, so for 70€ that will be 70 x 0.70 = 49€. This may make me drop the no buying dlc games until all dlc released and bundled with game rule. Will think hard about it.

Zamav
08-04-2011, 11:34 AM
No details on Steamworks, achievements and stuff. Maybe its because its too early, or maybe...

Chapa9dj
08-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Got RAGE pre-ordered since day 1 on Steam.
Looking forward to pre-order SKYRIM next month.

Finally Quake IV in on Steam. :D

smallhero1
08-04-2011, 11:40 AM
This is steamworks? Since there is no pre order bonus (besides the tf2 hat), if this is steamworks wouldn't it be smarter to buy it retail (45 bucks) and get the physical map as well?

MoonUNit
08-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Quake IV (and Hunted) makes it kinda tempting to me, but Idk if I want to spend 200 bucks all at once. O_o

Been thinking about RAGE and Skyrim, but it might be better to just wait for those to go on sale.

epsylon_Z1
08-04-2011, 11:42 AM
(besides the tf2 hat)Honestly . Giving a TF2 crap with every game sucks .

StrikerSmith
08-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Will there be other preorder Bonuses than the Map? Weapons or so... If not, Skyrim will be preordered via Steam :)

Mallorn666
08-04-2011, 11:55 AM
I just pre-ordered Skyrim.
It shows up in my game list as ValveTestApp72859
"You now own ValveTestApp72859."

Wow... just blew 50 euros on a test app.... lol
Seriously, I hope they will fix this

Mechafury
08-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Is it just me or are pc games increasing in price but at least its not a console 69$ games now

hope there are mods lol

dragonuminator
08-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Na, 50 dollars / euros is pretty normal for a new release. Be happy you are smart enough not to fall for the 59.99 console game prices (or higher). And If it's to high for you just wait about 3 months and get it for 30.

O and an FYI, games used to be WAAAAY more expensive

mrraditch
08-04-2011, 12:00 PM

Yeah, you'd better hope they fix it, because it's probably just a scam to get you to buy their test app. Hahaha, are you serious? Of course they will fix it.

mrraditch
08-04-2011, 12:01 PM
O and an FYI, games used to be WAAAAY more expensive

Nintendo 64

mriguy
08-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I think one of the preorder bonuses should be: Tattered Horse Armor :)

It would be nice to see them poke a little fun at themselves.

markornikov
08-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't see why i should buy Skyrim on pre-order?

The only thing you get is a lame hat for a game i don't own. :rolleyes:

I know you get a discount on the Quakecon pack, but i already own the games i want in that pack.

Unless the deals on 5-7 august also offer a discount sold together with Skyrim:confused:

Chapa9dj
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM

It happens sometimes. It will be fixed. ;)

Or probably you paid 50 euros for a test app after all. :p

Joking joking ;)

barrizzle
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't see why i should buy Skyrim on pre-order?

The only thing you get is a lame hat for a game i don't own. :rolleyes:

I know you get a discount on the Quakecon pack, but i already own the games i want in that pack.

Unless the deals on 5-7 august also offer a discount sold together with Skyrim:confused:

TF2 is free...everyone OWNS it...go download it, lol.

halbarad_loire
08-04-2011, 12:19 PM
TF2 is free...everyone OWNS it...go download it, lol.

Technically he only owns the free version. Not the paid one :P

But he's right, prepurchasing games like Skyrim on steam are worthless. You can always get a better deal retail. Cheaper and with more stuff (TES games have come with a map since Morrowind).
It's not much extra, but it's better than some silly item for a game more casual and dress-up than The Sims.

TheRevanchist
08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Quake IV (and Hunted) makes it kinda tempting to me, but Idk if I want to spend 200 bucks all at once. O_o

Been thinking about RAGE and Skyrim, but it might be better to just wait for those to go on sale.

You get 20% discount on the Quakecon pack for pre-ordering RAGE and Skyrim. 40% if you pre-order both.

FuuKuy
08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I would like to preorder the game, BUT not until we have information on DRM or posible STEAMworks integration.

LucianDK
08-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I prepurchased Skyrim, its not appearing in my gamelist. Instead it shows: ValveTestApp72859

ChrisW
08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I can't see pre-ordering a game that will not be released for three months, does not show the system requirements, has no word on possible DRM, and may end up full of bugs.

jim2point0
08-04-2011, 12:42 PM
I can't see pre-ordering a game that will not be released for three months, does not show the system requirements, has no word on possible DRM, and may end up full of bugs.

Exactly. I'm also not entirely sold on getting this game at all. It's usually always best to wait for reviews unless you know a game will be amazing (beta, demo, etc).

Played the Dues ex human revolution leaked beta. Loved it. Pre-ordered it.
Played the Battlefield 3 alpha. Loved it. Pre-ordered it.
Waited for reviews on Brink... game turned out to be a massive pile of ♥♥♥♥. Saved a lot of money :)

I don't see Skyrim being a BAD game... but you never know...

magnifier
08-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I also pre-ordered Skyrim. Got "Valvetestapp72859" in my gameslist :confused:

lawie
08-04-2011, 12:47 PM
cool, mine says: ValveTestSub72869 :D

XeroXes
08-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Even if it's surely going to be awesome game, I'm going to wait for GOTY edition, bought oblivion goty deluxe and F3 goty for 10 dollars both, but I was so looking forward to play FNV that I've bought it right after the release... Now I have to buy all the DLC for the price of the original game...Bethesda games have really fast price drops so I'll have to stand the waiting.

mriguy
08-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Even if it's surely going to be awesome game, I'm going to wait for GOTY edition, bought oblivion goty deluxe and F3 goty for 10 dollars both, but I was so looking forward to play FNV that I've bought it right after the release... Now I have to buy all the DLC for the price of the original game...Bethesda games have really fast price drops so I'll have to stand the waiting.

I hate the entire game pricing system with preorders and DLC.

Your most loyal fans will pay full retail for both the game and the expansion packs (DLC). Meanwhile, other players will simply wait a year and get the entire GOTY edition for a faction of the cost. It actually encourages people not to buy the game. I have no problem with sales but feel that somehow you should reward loyalty. RO2 giving 20% off for RO owners is a nice touch.

Maybe something like, paying full retail entitles you to the first two DLC releases for free or maybe 50% off all DLC releases. Digital distribution now permits this type of targeted marketing.

Darth Postal
08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Can't pre-order too! So sick of this discrimination!

epicphail
08-04-2011, 01:50 PM
I would get this but knowing bethsedea they will release like $50 of dlc so I will just wait for GOTY even though I want this game super bad.

EngineerDave
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Of course the NZ version is overpriced at 90USD. ♥♥♥♥ Steam :).

CommanderZx2
08-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I do not see a preorder / pre-purchase button on the Skyrim page...

Fred DM
08-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I would get this but knowing bethsedea they will release like $50 of dlc so I will just wait for GOTY even though I want this game super bad.

what's stopping ya from getting this game on release and buying the DLC at the inevitable 70% discount? :confused:

CommanderZx2
08-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Does anyone know why it is not possible to buy it in the UK?

TBZ
08-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Probably the same reason you can't buy THQ games at launch on Steam in the UK. The retailers.

Anarchisteve
08-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Probably the same reason you can't buy THQ games at launch on Steam in the UK. The retailers.

^ This. Those same retailers who don't even bother to stock PC games anyway.

* Looks at Game :mad:

ShadowX7
08-04-2011, 03:43 PM
We better get a horse armor DLC when we pre-order the game :P

Forgottenmindd
08-04-2011, 03:54 PM
We better get a horse armor DLC when we pre-order the game :P

..........HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg HAahahaHAHAHA!!!!!!! horses in skyrim, biggest joke ever. They said no horse combat in oblivion, then do the exact same thing in skyrim?? I thought they were going next gen here not next-cycle. ::as in (re-cycle):: excuse my negativity, but could they at least have added cart and buggy? like real-time style? oh ya, that's right. This game is simply a money maker, and valve has their hand in the bag. much love for valve tho, I don't blame em 1 bit.

jim2point0
08-04-2011, 04:10 PM
..........HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg HAahahaHAHAHA!!!!!!! horses in skyrim, biggest joke ever. They said no horse combat in oblivion, then do the exact same thing in skyrim?? I thought they were going next gen here not next-cycle. ::as in (re-cycle):: excuse my negativity, but could they at least have added cart and buggy? like real-time style? oh ya, that's right. This game is simply a money maker, and valve has their hand in the bag. much love for valve tho, I don't blame em 1 bit.

Can anyone explain to me anything this guy just said?
Horses in skyrim? Why is that a joke. Who cares? Cart and buggy (real-time style)?

Isn't every game a money maker? Game development is a business. They don't do this pro bono. But a lot of work goes into every Elder Scrolls game. They're insanely huge. They aren't thrown together like Modern Warfare games. SO yeah... they make money... but they're worth purchasing.

Forgottenmindd
08-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Can anyone explain to me anything this guy just said?
Horses in skyrim? Why is that a joke. Who cares? Cart and buggy (real-time style)?

Isn't every game a money maker? Game development is a business. They don't do this pro bono. But a lot of work goes into every Elder Scrolls game. They're insanely huge. They aren't thrown together a la Modern Warfare games. SO yeah... they make money... but they're worth purchasing.

ya your right, its hard to understand me because I think skyrim is a joke.

Verior
08-04-2011, 04:41 PM
ya your right, its hard to understand me because I think skyrim is a joke.

Or because you're an idiot?

Fred DM
08-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Or because you're an idiot?

i think his nickname is closer to the truth than he intended... :p

dragonuminator
08-04-2011, 05:30 PM

Someones humor sense needs a repair.

Horse armour was a dlc that was released for TES IV: Oblivion, and all it did was give horses some pointless armour. It's now a joke about useless dlc that costs to much for what it is, even Bethesda make fun of it.

BBboy20
08-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I already pre-ordered it months ago. I have to pre-order it digitally (or here) just to get these TF2 items?

Scared
08-04-2011, 05:58 PM
$90USD for Skyrim and $90USD for Rage.

Gee, thanks Bethesda.

MoonUNit
08-04-2011, 06:37 PM
I already pre-ordered it months ago. I have to pre-order it digitally (or here) just to get these TF2 items?

I think you have to preorder it here since the offer is here.

Kailieann
08-04-2011, 06:43 PM
No store page at all, let alone a pre-order button here in Canada.

Quint
08-04-2011, 06:48 PM
it seems many people here are angry with the price tag,but not the game itself.Even if the game is more than 150 hours,it is still not worth to some.

Toxilium
08-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Why would I pre-order Skyrim now? There's no discount on it and it's a digital product.

sebe
08-04-2011, 06:54 PM
i will buy the game, but not on Steam. $60 and all you get is a sh*t tf2 promo.

they at least could of give 10% pre-order. it might of convince many more to purchase even if it's only $5-6 off.

Atomican
08-04-2011, 06:57 PM
it seems many people here are angry with the price tag,but not the game itself.Even if the game is more than 150 hours,it is still not worth to some.
If the game were more than 150 hours, I wouldn't buy it. I don't have enough spare time to make the purchase worthwhile, and there are too many other good games which appear on Steam sales that I'd be annoyed spending on my time trying to finish a single game.

There is such a thing as a 'too-long' game, just like a 'too-long' movie. Besides, if most of that 150 hours is spent hiking everywhere, it's not that impressive. Quality over quantity and all that. Not saying Skyrim necessarily falls into this category; merely arguing against the hours issue which often is used to grade gaming quality.

Forgottenmindd
08-04-2011, 07:44 PM
i think his nickname is closer to the truth than he intended... :p

How would you know my intentions?.... only because the elder scroll series hasn't made a good game since daggerfall??? how the hell is that my fault? I hate consolized garbage, I'm sorry, so keep attacking me.

Cedge
08-04-2011, 07:48 PM
How would you know my intentions?.... only because the elder scroll series hasn't made a good game since daggerfall??? how the hell is that my fault? I hate consolized garbage, I'm sorry, so keep attacking me.

Since Daggerfall? Seriously?

Yes, we get it, you're really old-school and jaded and hate all multiplatform games. I'm very impressed.

Vizari
08-04-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm waiting with the pre-order. Hope to buy a physical copy actually, if it's a Steamworks game.
Besides, the pre-order doesn't exactly give anything great. Considering how I don't even play tf2, why would I give a crap about a tf2 item? -_-

Forgottenmindd
08-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Since Daggerfall? Seriously?

Yes, we get it, you're really old-school and jaded and hate all multiplatform games. I'm very impressed.

Its ok man, I'm actually talking value wise, and the lack of imagination and creativity in consolized games, compared to old games of course. Trying to prove this point leads me nowhere and its hard to explain, because we are all searching for that next AMAZING new game.

The manipulation of the gaming industry all started since HALO, yes I said HALO, was first revealed by BUNGIE before Microsoft said "hey THAT'S where the money's at, lets take this game, turn it upside down and empty its pockets" Our rights as gamers are being taken away day by day, and US, the MINDLESS zombies that we are BUY BUY BUY making them GROW, now, the corporations are saying that gamers are more apt to buy a game with a shorter single player game. To cut creativity completely and just push out new games, hire expensive people in the art of actually hyping a pile of sloth feces so high, that it looks like uber gold, until you install it of course, beat it in 5 minutes and say "Hey whens the next one coming out, I'm sure they will make it better." BLAH enuff outta me. Go buy your sloth feces.:rolleyes:

Atomican
08-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Gamers are responsible for the crap being sold. Corporations are not fools - they can afford to make crap, sell release-day and later overpriced DLC which should have been in the game because people will buy it. Why wouldn't they take advantage of people who can't seem to restrain themselves from giving away their money?

It's a bad situation to be in for anyone who's looking for quality gaming.

Cedge
08-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Its ok man, I'm actually talking value wise, and the lack of imagination and creativity in consolized games,
Because Daggerfall was so much more imaginative and creative than Morrowind. :rolleyes:

Zyinxz
08-04-2011, 08:56 PM
lol $59.99

Not going to bother, I can wait it out until it's on sale with a discount of 75%

LazyEights
08-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Anyone with the preorder discounts willing to trade me the quakecon pack for 40 dollars worth of other steam games? I would love you forever.

Verior
08-04-2011, 11:02 PM
No store page at all, let alone a pre-order button here in Canada.

I have both, in Canada.

MaxMad
08-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Pre-Order Skyrim now ! Pre-Purchase before August 8th at 10AM PDT and receive the "Tamrielic Relic" for the Heavy in Team Fortress 2!

But there is no pre-order button, great job Valve!

fenix4142004
08-04-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm waiting with the pre-order. Hope to buy a physical copy actually, if it's a Steamworks game.
Besides, the pre-order doesn't exactly give anything great. Considering how I don't even play tf2, why would I give a crap about a tf2 item? -_-

That's my plan and I couldn't agree more! :cool:

micksy
08-04-2011, 11:30 PM
US$90!? Nah, I'll import it for US$43 and play it 10 days later. No big loss.

skelter192
08-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Skyrim $60 not worth it.

Headcrab_Zer0
08-04-2011, 11:38 PM
$90 each for RAGE and Skyrim in Australia.

♥♥♥♥ you BethesDUH.

reece
08-04-2011, 11:39 PM
no 10% off like usual, instead i get 10% off of a pack i dont want, cause i have all the games i want from it already >_>

Steakface
08-05-2011, 01:37 AM
If they officially announced that this game would be more than a gigantic tech demo (unlike Oblivion) then I MIGHT consider it.

No thanks.

Matdo
08-05-2011, 06:51 AM
This is really annoying. I was looking forward so much to getting Skyrim only to find out that steam's stupid agreements means that I cant get it

sebe
08-05-2011, 07:32 AM
this will likely be on sale at many other digital download sites for under $50, i suggest you hold off.. in 2-3 months there will be a lot of options and you will regret paying full price on Steam.

Cervidanti
08-05-2011, 07:50 AM
They could at least throw in something extra to justify a 10 dollar price increase...that console players don't suffer from.

Yes, console players are still paying 60 dollars, so we're not paying MORE, but that doesn't change that this is an unexplained price increase exclusive to the PC version. Not the kind of exclusive content I was hoping for.