PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim not pre-orderable in the UK

Kanden95
08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Please fix this valve.

Mekast
08-04-2011, 11:55 AM
You are lucky, atleast you can see them in Russia they all got region blocked now. :(

AM_Buckle
08-04-2011, 11:57 AM
You are lucky, atleast you can see them in Russia they all got region blocked now. :(

In Soviet Russia, games pre-order YOU.
Sorry, sorry, someone had to say it.

CoffeeBean
08-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Add pre-order button, do it.

Thor Bunting
08-04-2011, 11:58 AM
This is deliberate, on the store banner for the quakecon pack it only says pre-order RAGE. I think Bethesda is the one behind this not Valve. Likely to arrange some retailer specific pre-order bs content. Gawd I hate those. Please don't.

Kanden95
08-04-2011, 12:00 PM
I want to have it now!

T@F
08-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Game is behind all this and company's are taken notice.
Sell it on steam we wont stock it in our shops.

Who give a **** if they dont stock it,the games stores in my town has one shelve with a few games on.
I don't even want to walk into there store because they have very limited games for the pc.
The devs should knock this in the butt because many ppl buy retail dvd games online nowadays anyway.

i just don't understand how a company like game got the nerve to complain when there ripping off devs all the time selling sec hand games tbh.

xxTJxx
08-04-2011, 12:03 PM
I just prepurchased it and i live in Norway but it shows up as "valvetestapp" in my games list and on the receipt...hopefully it works out though :P

Mekast
08-04-2011, 12:04 PM
The devs should knock this in the butt because many ppl buy retail dvd online nowadays anyway.
For Russia it's even worse. 1C is a monpolist both in PC retail and console Retail, exept for EA, but EA published very few games here exept for their own.

StrikerSmith
08-04-2011, 12:05 PM
I think there are just a few problems right now. Tomorrow they should all been fixed

halbarad_loire
08-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Doesn't bother me. I'll be buying it retail, like all the TES games, and getting the awesome map.

Hopefully the game will be steamworks, but no worries if it isn't.

Kanden95
08-04-2011, 12:08 PM
So... can we expect it to be pre orderable in the UK?

{Yotsuba}
08-04-2011, 12:10 PM

Was Brink a pre-order in the UK? Considering it's the same publisher, expect the same thing that happened with Brink to happen with all their games.

Aitkenj
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM

Who give a **** if they dont stock it,the games stores in my town has one shelve with a few games on.
I don't even want to walk into there store because they have very limited games for the pc.
The devs should knock this in the butt because many ppl buy retail dvd games online nowadays anyway.

i just don't understand how a company like game got the nerve to complain when there ripping off devs all the time selling sec hand games tbh.

Spot on.

teroteki
08-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Was Brink a pre-order in the UK?

No it wasn't. It too was cockblocked by GAME. Fortunately Brink was Steamworks - does anyone know if Skyrim will be Steamworks?

Thor Bunting
08-04-2011, 12:44 PM
No it wasn't. It too was cockblocked by GAME. Fortunately Brink was Steamworks - does anyone know if Skyrim will be Steamworks?

Pretty much every recent bethesda title has been so its a good bet this one will be.. I hope anyway. I hate GAME with a passion, why the hell did they have to buy gamestation too, thats both the main game stores in the UK consumed by evil business types.

gman57
08-04-2011, 12:52 PM

Did Brink getting ♥♥♥♥-blocked on steam really help its sales much ? as soon as it came on steam for 29.99 it was being sold in uk retailers for 9.98.

If my British pounds aint good enough for day one release on steam, I can wait for it to come out a month later and for it be be half the price for when it was :mad:

Aitkenj
08-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Pretty much every recent bethesda title has been so its a good bet this one will be.. I hope anyway. I hate GAME with a passion, why the hell did they have to buy gamestation too, thats both the main game stores in the UK consumed by evil business types.

And yet that same company crys about valve being a "monopoly" while forcing publishers into exclusive deals. Ironic isn't it?

teroteki
08-04-2011, 01:09 PM
If my British pounds aint good enough for day one release on steam, I can wait for it to come out a month later and for it be be half the price for when it was :mad:

True :l
If I'm not allowed to pre-order/impulse buy on Steam, I tend to wait for the reviews to pour in.
After that I watch all the DLCs pour in.
By the time it gets on Steam, it's usually GOTY Edition at a bargain-bucket price anyway \o/

Screw GAME. Every time I go in and wander over to the dismal looking 2-shelf PC 'section', everything is overpriced and/or out of stock. Even their website is a joke - offering digital downloads at up to 3x the price of their retail counterparts.
Complete tossers.

Smog1984
08-04-2011, 01:21 PM
True :l
If I'm not allowed to pre-order/impulse buy on Steam, I tend to wait for the reviews to pour in.
After that I watch all the DLCs pour in.
By the time it gets on Steam, it's usually GOTY Edition at a bargain-bucket price anyway \o/

Screw GAME. Every time I go in and wander over to the dismal looking 2-shelf PC 'section', everything is overpriced and/or out of stock. Even their website is a joke - offering digital downloads at up to 3x the price of their retail counterparts.
Complete tossers.

The physical discs are cheap through the online store at least when they're in stock.

JohnnySilver
08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I went into GAME yesterday. It was advertsing 'Biggest Sale Ever!!! or something in the window. Went in and saw a single column of on sale games. It included such great deals as Duke Nukem for 30! Walked straight out again...

I didn't realise they'd bought Gamestation too. I thought they weren't as good value recently.

Soltanis
08-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Believe this topic is a different situation to the one people are talking about in here:

Brink was available for pre-purchase in the UK. but was removed for purchase in the UK at launch.
Homefront was also available for pre-purchase but removed for launch.

However, much like Skyrim, Dead Island was not available for pre-purchase when they announced it but is now available. Maybe we will see Skyrim available in the next few days.

Could it have something to do with release times? maybe we will see these games few days later in the UK? Thus the pre-purchase time is delayed as well.

seseorang
08-04-2011, 07:13 PM
There is still time to pre-order. It's not like there is a "one-day" pre-order time frame in which you must buy before your chance has been lost along with your childhood.

Anjel
08-04-2011, 08:20 PM

Was Brink a pre-order in the UK? Considering it's the same publisher, expect the same thing that happened with Brink to happen with all their games.

Brink was listed under 'coming soon' when it was announced (just like Skyrim now), then it disappeared a month or so before launch. It is only the past month or so it's been added again.

coldalarm
08-05-2011, 08:14 AM
I didn't realise they'd bought Gamestation too. I thought they weren't as good value recently.
They didn't. Gameplay owns both GAME and Gamestation.

Lotharemas
08-05-2011, 09:06 AM
What irritates me is im still getting the banner on Steam saying Skyrim prepurchase now! and get a TF2 item! even in the UK while i cant even buy it, so yay i miss out on a TF2 item x_X

MrBigglesworth8
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Still quite a bit of time unti Skyrim is released so I have no problem waiting a couple of months to see if it shows up on Steam. Not too fussed about yet another TF2 Hat promo, I dont even play the game anyway.

If its not on Steam by a week before release ill just pre-order it from a retailer.

Azulmono55
08-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Brink was pre-orderable moths before it came out, though :|

All I know is that out of the 2 pre-order bonuses, I care for the hat more. Add in that it's on Steam too, and I want to get this on Steam 100%

If I can't pre-order before the 8th imma be annoyed.

nathar606
08-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Its pretty annoying to be offered pre-order stuff that we can't get. At least with Saints Row 3 they had the decency to remove it fromt the site completely.

Smog1984
08-05-2011, 12:14 PM
There is still time to pre-order. It's not like there is a "one-day" pre-order time frame in which you must buy before your chance has been lost along with your childhood.

Not 1 day but if it isn't pre-purchased before the 8th then the TF2 hat can't be bought. As well as it needing to be bought today to take advantage of an additional discount in the Quakecon sale.

ANTH
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Wanted to buy this but no buy button please fix this! So I can get extra discount.

Im from the UK as title says.

Rebel_O_Conner
08-05-2011, 02:32 PM
is it possible for a non-UK steam member to buy preorder the game for a UK member?

StrikerSmith
08-05-2011, 02:35 PM
is it possible for a non-UK steam member to buy preorder the game for a UK member?

It should be. But you should aware of the price. Here in germany (and iI think in all countries) the game costs 49,99 what are actually 43,57241 pounds

Rebel_O_Conner
08-05-2011, 02:41 PM
It should be. But you should aware of the price. Here in germany (and iI think in all countries) the game costs 49,99 what are actually 43,57241 pounds

well, yes, but we can't know the price in pound, actually.

oh, and is there will be language problem, if the non-UK member is not in an english speakink country?

adriaans
08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Utterly ridiculous UK is excluded!

Rebel_O_Conner
08-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Utterly ridiculous UK is excluded!

i think more it's a scam.

cucumariid
08-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Well, poo. I suppose this means I can't get that hat. Or a discount. :(

koultunami
08-05-2011, 02:57 PM
A number of games have this problem with people form the UK

Red Faction Armageddon : Couldn't be preordered
Brink : Couldn't be preordered or bought at all until a few weeks ago
Space Marine : Can't be preordered apparently, which is ♥♥♥♥ing annoying

All because of GAME / GAMESTATION crying to developers

"Waaah, if you allow people to preorder on STEAM we'll stop selling your games waaah waaah"

A POX ON THEM!

cucumariid
08-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Wait, Space Marine can't be preordered in the UK? -_-'

Jin_D3vil
08-05-2011, 06:12 PM

"Waaah, if you allow people to preorder on STEAM we'll stop selling your games waaah waaah"

A POX ON THEM!

Brink could be pre-ordered. I did in the UK the day it was up for pre-order. I got it without issue and even preloaded it and played on launch day. It was however taken down from the store on launch day. In part to what seemed to be caused by all the multiplayer connectivity and other issues. Plus the game took a huge nose dive in cost within the first month. Seen many stores selling it for half price.

I don't see why Skyrim is not available yet for pre-order. Hopefully it will be available before the 8th, I'm not a huge fan of it as I prefer multiplayer games. But the deal is decent enough to warrent the early sale. Otherwise I'll probably leave it till much later or never bother with it. If I don't buy it on launch chances being I'll be playing other games instead.

If it is as some people say, that retailers like GAME are putting their foot down. Then the retailers actions and the companies response to those actions are only harming a games sales. I have a lot of games on steam as it is my prefered game supplier (digitally and for general conveniance). Many of those games I have on steam I already owned on disk. So I essentially bought a fair few games twice just because of Steam. A game not turning up on steam means it drops down on my priority list, unless I really want it.

All publishers should cater to the buyer, not the retailer. At least that seems like good buisness sense to me. I ofc say this without the full picture, so forgive me if it seems a little harsh towards retailers.

MizuhoChan
08-05-2011, 08:31 PM
If there is no preorder discount for UK, then I will wait until I can buy a preowned copy instead, so that both Bethesda and Steam get no money from me.

I don't normally buy large games, but for Skyrim, I would. But I won't pay 40, which I'm sure it will be, unless they go higher than that.

Don't care about the hat though, I find TF2 boring.

Balraw
08-06-2011, 02:20 AM

A POX ON THEM!

About Brink that is not true as I preordered it and then preloaded it. The game was removed on launch day for whatever reason. The rumour is that GAME has some sort of deal but no one actually knows for certain has nothing has ever been confirmed officially by any of the parties involved. In regard to Brink a couple of posts went up on Bethesda (publishers) forums and a moderator said they would look into. Also I think someone from Splash Damage (the devs) posted a tweet that they would look into it but then nothing at all since then as far as I am aware.

The "GAME deal" does have a ring of truth about it but even so it is just an unconfirmed rumour. My local GAME store sucks and has maybe one rack of shelves for PC games. I would prefer not to buy something than to have to go into their store and deal with the monkeys they have as employee's.

As far as Skyrim goes it looks like this has been caught up in all of this and my own expectation is that if you want to get Skyrim on release in the UK you will have to purchase it somewhere other than the UK Steam store. I imagine that it will appear on UK Steam at some point but not at launch. Me, I will probably be pointing my browser towards Amazon but even so at the end of the day I really would prefer to use Steam (even if it costs slightly more).

TomKQT
08-06-2011, 02:49 AM

Also in Czech Republic. I wondered why I couldn't find the steam store page at all.

ben
08-06-2011, 03:58 AM
Stuff like this is killing the retail games industry in the UK:

http://www.dealspwn.com/uk-retail-faces-shocking-slump-73049

I was thinking of going to the GAMEfest convention - but now I wont bother.

Cruiser
08-06-2011, 04:20 AM
GAME can get stuffed. Their store prices are 5 over everywhere else.

Its a shame publishers are backing down when threatened by them. Stick to your guns, losing them is far better than losing customers.

zimboy69
08-06-2011, 04:38 AM
i had the feeling that game and game station were the same as i recently was trying to purchase a game to find out if either had it in stock

I did think it was funny they both had very similar phone services and then wonderd then if they were the same

its a bit crazy when they have two shops in a small town and none in others why dont they just have more towns covered

Shadow_Man_PW
08-06-2011, 05:35 AM
http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Role-Playing/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Collectors-Edition/~r356397/?s=skyrim

130 for the collector's edition. I hope this is a ♥♥♥♥ing joke. That's €150. I wouldn't buy that unless it had hand carved golden figurines and even then I would think twice.

pantho
08-06-2011, 06:45 AM
I'd like to say a moment to Game: ♥♥♥♥ you, and no. There not supposed to love hearts of affection sir.

However, +1 to the steam Fanboy with a few US servers to play with.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1729/20110806014129.jpg

Bought it for myself from a blank account. Weird how it let me set my country to US and use a UK debit card still. Couldn't use PayPal sadly as they had checks for country base, but I had some cash on my Visa to toy with :)

I could have gotten it from play.com cheaper. But I feel some form of childish moral victory this way.

If you want it on Steam, get a US friend to gift it you. Yes, it's a couple more expensive than buying it from EA. But you get to set an example that we won't be forced to buy games from ♥♥♥♥ty retailers. No matter what your view on Steam is you cannot agree with game retailers dictating ultimatums to companies. Especially when that SAME ♥♥♥♥ing company starts selling digital games themselves.

minevittu
08-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't buy that unless it had hand carved golden figurines and even then I would think twice.
I collect statues and I can say that stuff they bundle in with games/movies is not usually worth it. Quality is too low for a serious collector.

pantho
08-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I collect statues and I can say that stuff they bundle in with games/movies is not usually worth it. Quality is too low for a serious collector.

I'd expect Metal for 130...

Not PVC. Have you felt the quality of those crappy PVC statues in most collector editions ?

RedBullRacer
08-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Having just bought the Oblivion/Morrowind bundle yesterday, I was all up for preordering this but I can't (UK) :( Very sad, hopefully we can buy it day one.

Callahassee
08-06-2011, 05:15 PM

cba to read the entire thread, but to just this,it WAS pre-orderable for about...a month? before it got region blocked...not even the initial steam announce pre-order with skyrim this time

01satkins
08-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Normally I wouldn't weight in on a thread like this, but I was rather annoyed reading through this thread, at first because apparently GAME have decided that we shall not pre-order it from Steam here in the UK, then because of some other things:

So looking at this it is likely going to be a Steamworks game, therefore requiring Steam to play, regardless of where it was purchased.

So if it IS a Steamworks game, and it's true that GAME are preventing it from being pre-ordered through Steam, then once we've all bought it from GAME (or not as the case may be, looking through the thread), we're going to get home and register/install it into Steam anyway.

Sounds like yet another company in the creative/retail industry is getting left behind, and has decided to throw it's toys out of the pram instead of trying to move with the times.

Empire10
08-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Also from UK and want to pre-order from steam.

Game can go suck my left one. They charge much higher prices than everywhere else, have a pathetic 'PC Section' ie half a shelf, rip devs off by selling second hand games, then have the nerve to do stuff like this.

Who even buys from retail these days anyway? They don't know they're market at all.

grimpunch
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I have sent an email to the Competition Commission, the governing body in jurisdiction of preventing monopolies on the UK marketplace and I encourage everyone to send similar emails (politely phrased and citing evidence) about these anti-compete agreements, enough of us will make the CC investigate the GAME groups unfair business practices.

http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/
Competition Commission website

info@cc.gsi.gov.uk
email to submit enquiries

Centy
08-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Give it time and it will disappear and then it will be region blocked for several months just like Brink. I'm getting a little ♥♥♥♥ed off with Bethesda making deals with UK game stores to deny me the ability to buy it how I want.

It just leads to a lot of people ripping it off out of inconvenience or spite.

Viprime
08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
If it is steamworks then i hope you all realise that there are plenty of UK alternatives to Game and Gamestation. Such as:
Amazon.co.uk, play.com, thehut, hmv, zavvi, shopto etc

All of those websites sell Skyrim pre-order cheaper than Game. I haven't bought anything from Game or Gamestation in 5+ years.

dte21
08-06-2011, 09:28 PM
The big unanswered question is why the "f" steam are advertising skyrim on their uk web site as available for pre-purchase with TF2 hat, offer ending 8th august, when there is no uk price or purchase button.:confused:

Ecirp
08-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Why is the UK not available?
There must be a good reason!

pantho
08-07-2011, 05:22 AM
Why is the UK not available?
There must be a good reason!

You're an idiot...

Maybe Game are under the delusion they're failing because of Steam. Not because there expensive rip off merchants with a pathetic PC section. I went in to pre-order SWTOR and the manager served me, she didn't know how to put it through the till and asked me to come back the next day...

White_hell
08-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Is there actually any EVIDENCE that GAME are behind it?
Because you cant blame them at the moment if its just speculation.

It could just be that they haven't sorted out a UK steam price yet, or it could be any number of legal issues in the UK.

freshandjuicy
08-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Sorry for not reading this entire thread but can anyone tell me why Steam hasn’t made any formal announcements about why they are advertising pre-order with an incentive to do it by 8th Aug on its UK site but then preventing Uk members from being able to pre-order?

Surely this is against UK trading standards, which is illegal – right?

wellworn
08-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Is there actually any EVIDENCE that GAME are behind it?
Because you cant blame them at the moment if its just speculation.

It could just be that they haven't sorted out a UK steam price yet, or it could be any number of legal issues in the UK.

yah i was thinking pretty much this as well. is there evidence game put pressure on publishers to not allow a steam preorder?

or is this just idle chat

I have no wish to defend game at all and idd would likely cancel my pre-orders with them if this turned out to be the case.

neoduke007
08-07-2011, 07:56 AM
it's really annoying we can't pre-order it now, as there is a discount on the Quakecon 2011 pack if you pre-order Rage, and then a double discount if you pre-order Rage and Skyrim and then buy the Quakecon 2011 pack :(

So we are losing out on a discount on Quakecon pack all because we can't pre-order Skyrim yet :(

Ecirp
08-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Someone should contact steam support to ask them?

EnglishBob84
08-07-2011, 08:52 AM

♥♥♥♥ Game up their stupid arses. I bought Brink, preordered it for full price...now they're selling it for less than 10, what a kick in the teeth!

BlueBall
08-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Someone should contact steam support to ask them?

I have done so. Awaiting response.

Ecirp
08-07-2011, 09:37 AM

Great!
im excited to see what they are saying, i bet something like "its not our decision, bethesda softworks want it how it is"

MrBigglesworth8
08-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Great!
im excited to see what they are saying, i bet something like "its not our decision, bethesda softworks want it how it is"

They will give him the generic "all information is available on the store front" response.

Ecirp
08-07-2011, 12:12 PM
They will give him the generic "all information is available on the store front" response.

Hmm then i can say the Steam support sucks big.

seseorang
08-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Unfortunately, the nature of the question means that by the time you get a response, the 8th will have passed and we will have lost out

cakefish
08-07-2011, 03:03 PM
HAHAHA WTF? I just saw this - 'Preorder now!' and it's not for preorder! Silly Steam :rolleyes:

Eat_the_Path
08-07-2011, 03:35 PM
If it's true what GAME is doing then it's just another example of a company aggressively defending their outdated business model rather than adapt and GAME should be left out in the cold to die if it refuses to change.

Yahtzee | Cyber
08-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Scince this has happened, when the game finnaly DOES come out (assuming that it ever will) i feel that seeing as we have been neglected of several offers, we should be entitaled to somthing extra that NO ONE ELSES OUTSIDE THE UK CAN GET! we should at least get somthing worth our troubles.

CunningStunt
08-07-2011, 04:06 PM
saw it on the steam news, preorder now!! except when you open the page there is no fkin order button, how frustrating, does this mean uk users cannot get the stupid hat for tf2?

like brink, hunted the demon forge, etc I bet Valve will make no comment as to why uk customers are being shafted again.

Ecirp
08-07-2011, 04:10 PM
can someone remember how it was with Brink?

ryryryan
08-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Yes. I pre-ordered it a few weeks before it came out. Early install about half a week or so before release. Game got released, then taken off steam. My copy still worked fine though. Well, bar the terrible FPS thanks to some terrible optimisation :P UK here

CunningStunt
08-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I just sent this email to Bethesda via the contact us page of thier website; and would recommend that any disgruntled UK customers do the same. Lets let them know we're not impressed.

http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/contact_email.php

Hi Bethesda

First let me say I love pretty much every game you have ever released, Im a massive fan of the Elder Scroll series and love Fallout 3.

But, are you able to comment as to why UK customers seem to be disqualified from pre-orderring / buying your games via the Steam digital distribution platform?

There are rumours flying around that it is due to UK retail shops saying they wont stock your games if they are available on steam whch if true is pretty pathetic, shops like Game in the United Kingdom are just a joke, they charge more than other retail outlets and most of thier branches have a laughable PC gaming section (usually only one or two shelf of games).

I pre-orderred Brink on steam and was able to preload and play on launch day, but on the day it was released the game was removed from Steam UK store page, then Hunted: The Demons Forge came out, I pre-orderred that too and on release day surprise surprise, it was no longer available to UK customers on Steam so the friends I recommended the game to could not buy it.

Today I saw the Steam update news that Skyrim could be pre-orderred, Excited; I immediately clicked the link and was ready to part with my hard earned cash, but (you've guessed it!) UK customers are not able to buy the game on Steam.

I only buy games via digital distribution platforms like Steam and EA's Origin and i'm sure there are many thousands of gamers in the UK who are the same.

Please, please, please can you comment as to why UK gamers are getting such a raw deal with your games? Truthly though, I fully expect this email to go unanswerred as Valve seem to be ignoring every request for information on this issue also.

Yours disappointedly

Esthin
08-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I know riiight I wanted to pre order.

*Twitch*
Must have... Hats... *Twitch*

A bit weird that it can't be pre-ordered in the UK and yeah the GAME thing is bowlsharp they rip people off all the time (trust me I know, I worked there for a while)

Lovell
08-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Skyrim 25.9 (http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/66338-elder-scrolls-v--skyrim--for-pc)
Rage 23.98 (http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/61126-rage--for-pc)

So annoying though, I prefer to buy on Steam as I always lose CDs. :(

MrBigglesworth8
08-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Skyrim doesnt even have a banner for UK Steam now. I guess this all but confirms it will not be buyable on Steam at least before its released.

:(

BlueBall
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM

The answer I received was
Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The information on the Steam Storefront is the only available information at this time.

Please refer to the Steam News section for the latest news and updates on upcoming Steam titles and content.

Steam News
http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Thank you for your interest.

To which I responded:
That is a crap answer to my question. Please answer the question that was asked; why can I not pre order Skyrim???

If you do not have the balls to answer my question I'll be forced to take this and your purile answer to the wider gaming fraternity
I'll keep you all updated

White_hell
08-09-2011, 04:53 AM
I highly doubt you will get the response your looking for BlueBall.
Mainly because Steam aren't the ones that decide to let you pre-order it or not. That would be Bethesda.

Steam Support wont know the answer to your question.

If we really want to know why we in the UK cant pre-order it then we all need to bug Bethesda about it.

MrBigglesworth8
08-09-2011, 04:56 AM
The answer I received was
Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The information on the Steam Storefront is the only available information at this time.

Please refer to the Steam News section for the latest news and updates on upcoming Steam titles and content.

Steam News
http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Thank you for your interest.

To which I responded:
That is a crap answer to my question. Please answer the question that was asked; why can I not pre order Skyrim???

If you do not have the balls to answer my question I'll be forced to take this and your purile answer to the wider gaming fraternity
I'll keep you all updated

Your response was pretty terrible. Why are you taking it so hard on the guy and e-thugging? Hes simply running down a check list for replies to your question. I doubt he knows anything about this.

BlueBall
08-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Your response was pretty terrible. Why are you taking it so hard on the guy and e-thugging? Hes simply running down a check list for replies to your question. I doubt he knows anything about this.

My response is not terrible. He is paid to answer customers questions. He didn't answer the question and gave a stock answer. He should know the stock answer doesn't answer the question and should escalate to a supervisor or somebody that can answer the question. If he isn't interested in doing a decent job I'm sure there are plenty that would be glad of his job.

Xiru
08-09-2011, 01:14 PM
At least you prove the GIFT (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GIFT) right. Not that it needed any more proof, but still.

BlueBall
08-13-2011, 04:57 AM
At least you prove the GIFT (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GIFT) right. Not that it needed any more proof, but still.
as have you!

beigeman
08-13-2011, 05:53 AM
This makes me sad. :(

ansellbwoy
08-17-2011, 04:18 PM
It says "Available November 2011" so im still hoping it will be available a few days before release so i can preload it.

Please god let this be available on Steam. Buying the Disc? ♥♥♥♥ that, what is this, the 90's?

rtv05
08-18-2011, 02:23 PM
don't worry guys, i bet you can pre order in november before release.
but yeah, its weird that you can not do this now...

T@F
08-18-2011, 02:36 PM
It says "Available November 2011" so im still hoping it will be available a few days before release so i can preload it.

Please god let this be available on Steam. Buying the Disc? ♥♥♥♥ that, what is this, the 90's?

it's been confirmed that's it's a steamworks game anyway.
So it does not matter where you buy it.

Cobalt2202
08-20-2011, 05:05 AM
Oh gawd I read all this and I feel so bad for the people of UK. Why must they be affected by the greedy corporate scums that is GAME?!

Tea2theBag
08-20-2011, 10:05 AM
I don't even understand how GAME can have that much influence....

Whoever is running the show, "Bethesda and stuff" Surly they can just f**k them off and not worry about losing much business.

GAME Isn't the only "Other" place to buy games.

It's like Poundland or the 1-pound shop saying to Ginsters that they will not sell the Pasties in their shop because........ people are using Steam to....download.... the pasties online and eat them.

Oh no not Poundland!

I would rather eat an online pasty downloaded from steam, pretend that it exists, rather than buy a real one from poundland.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Just like to add that I pre-fagged the game from somewhere that is not GAME so their Dr Evil, master plan, operation pasty freedom, anti-steam coalition, TOP SECRET but not secret super thing, has not worked on me.

Micknator
08-21-2011, 08:56 AM
In The Netherlands there is also just one shop that has pre-orders for Skyrim (Gamemania.nl). They do offer the cloth map (the Collectors Edition as they call it) for 50.

Tempest_Wales
08-24-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't even understand how GAME can have that much influence....

Whoever is running the show, "Bethesda and stuff" Surly they can just f**k them off and not worry about losing much business.

GAME Isn't the only "Other" place to buy games.

It's like Poundland or the 1-pound shop saying to Ginsters that they will not sell the Pasties in their shop because........ people are using Steam to....download.... the pasties online and eat them.

Oh no not Poundland!

I would rather eat an online pasty downloaded from steam, pretend that it exists, rather than buy a real one from poundland.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Just like to add that I pre-fagged the game from somewhere that is not GAME so their Dr Evil, master plan, operation pasty freedom, anti-steam coalition, TOP SECRET but not secret super thing, has not worked on me.

GAME threatened not to stock the publishers CONSOLE games if they didn't comply with the Steam embargo, now all THQ/Bethesda games get removed from Steam UK until the embargo is up.

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1119494-Game-UK-Why-these-guys-are-ruining-your-consumer-experience-on-Steam-in-the-UK.

Tea2theBag
08-24-2011, 05:59 PM
GAME threatened not to stock the publishers CONSOLE games if they didn't comply with the Steam embargo, now all THQ/Bethesda games get removed from Steam UK until the embargo is up.

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1119494-Game-UK-Why-these-guys-are-ruining-your-consumer-experience-on-Steam-in-the-UK.

That's even more ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ than what I thought. Console games. Wow......... lol.

dannythefool
08-24-2011, 11:28 PM

That's why you don't buy retail. If retail wasn't as important to publishers, they wouldn't get a say in the matter.

Tempest_Wales
08-26-2011, 04:53 AM
That's why you don't buy retail. If retail wasn't as important to publishers, they wouldn't get a say in the matter.

I never buy retail unless I have to, even then it's begrudgingly through Amazon.co.uk

White_hell
08-29-2011, 01:51 PM
And you can now Pre-order it in the UK! Yay

Fat-Toni
08-29-2011, 02:03 PM
34.99 - ha what a joke

I read here that its been confirmed its a steamworks game but where does it confirm this?

Nero42
08-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Hooray for that!

I wonder how it all ended up getting sorted out

seseorang
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, but I wanted to pre-purchase for my TF2 special limited edition hat. Now I can not. If this isn't possible, then I will go retail. Cheaper, and quicker to install

Tea2theBag
08-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah, but I wanted to pre-purchase for my TF2 special limited edition hat. Now I can not. If this isn't possible, then I will go retail. Cheaper, and quicker to install

It's only a hat.

critmagnet
08-30-2011, 02:15 AM
It's only a hat.

Believe it or not but hats have value. I've seen it sell for earbuds, which are worth about 10 keys. 10keys= 20. People actually buy hats with paypal as well.

Thecodexnecro
08-30-2011, 02:21 AM

Yeah I went into a game store local to me one day right? And there was ZERO PC games in the shop. I asked the manager why, and he said "Because we can't compete with steam" Like a little baby throwing his toys out.

Hahaha.

All I can say to game is - Suck it.

I'd rather buy from Steam and have my games mostly DRM free, downloadable anywhere under a single login and no boxes making my house look untidy. :)

Micknator
08-30-2011, 06:24 AM
I read here that its been confirmed its a steamworks game but where does it confirm this?

It was confirmed in a Tweet, it can be found somewhere on this forum.