PDA

View Full Version : Novint Falcon not being recognised by Steam

herbius
08-05-2011, 03:49 AM
I just dug my Novint Falcon out of a cupboard today, intending to play some L4D with it, and I'm finding that none of the Steam games recognise it as a controller any more. I've reinstalled the latest drivers and the Falcon-specific programs work fine with it, but although games like L4D, TF2 etc used to work, they now simply ignore the controller completely. I'd expect the front LED to go red when I started the games up in preparation for calibration, but it stays blue and moving the controller has no effect on the cursor.

Am I missing a setting or something? I remember it used to be that you had to enable the Steam beta participation but there aren't any betas available any more. It's been a long time since I've used the controller so there might be something I've forgotten about.

DARKNIGHT
08-05-2011, 04:30 AM
I think you might have missed something, as my novint falcon works on the entire orangebox, however valve have removed the support for left 4 dead, which is a big bummer as it is one of the best games to play it with.

I do remember that you actually need to restart the pc once youve installed the drivers, previous versions would prompt you for that, but these latest drivers wont do that, i had the same issue but then i remembered that it needs a restart.

Valve still does support it, or atleast the TF2 team keeps adding forces to the new weapons, so its not completely dead.

herbius
08-05-2011, 04:52 AM
That's balls, I used to have a lot of fun with it on L4D. I would have thought that they'd leave the support there since L4D hardly gets updated any more (this is L4D1 I'm talking about). I have restarted but I'll check with TF2/EP2/etc and see if it works there.

EDIT: It's started working in TF2 now. Shame, L4D support must have dropped then.

DARKNIGHT
08-05-2011, 07:53 AM
That's balls, I used to have a lot of fun with it on L4D. I would have thought that they'd leave the support there since L4D hardly gets updated any more (this is L4D1 I'm talking about). I have restarted but I'll check with TF2/EP2/etc and see if it works there.

EDIT: It's started working in TF2 now. Shame, L4D support must have dropped then.

Yeah its been dropped around the time The Passing update came out, big shame indeed!