PDA

View Full Version : ArmA2 vs CS

NemoSwamAway
08-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Havent seen this brought up before here.
What do you think is best for infantry combat?

CS has smooth movement and lets you realistically aim quicker like a Real Seal.

ArmA has bigger maps but CS ones have more details.

CS has plenty guns and ArmA has this too (but imo look blocky).

CS has gg and surf maps, not sure if ArmA has these.

So that's my thought, let's have it.

MatMonotone
08-05-2011, 11:20 AM

Really?

I mean really? You cannot compare these two games in the slightest. One a competitive fps game another a military simulation. I smell a troll at bay.

NemoSwamAway
08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
The overplayed troll card... please, just look how much rep I have.
Both are modern-day tactical military shooters. If you could only buy one, what criteria would you look at to compare? I put mine above.

Acewings
08-05-2011, 11:33 AM

The moment you mentioned CS: Source is the moment you lost my interest. The 30 bucks that I spent from Best Buy, was the worst 30 dollars I ever blew. I played for all of like 30 minutes and haven't touched it since.

7th_Serf
08-05-2011, 11:36 AM
here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB6fq9Aadwk

The guy basically shows exactly how I feel about CS. Oh and running and gunning isn't Infantry combat, not in any way shape or form. Now go plant a cake.

Jedra
08-05-2011, 01:13 PM
While we are at it, what's better, Minecraft or 3DS Max...

phantom_six
08-05-2011, 01:24 PM

Lol wut? Aim realistic like a real seal? To start with have you even seen a real seals? Do you seriously think Navy Seals are a bunch of guerillas who shoot their guns from hip point instead of aiming down their sights?

MatMonotone
08-05-2011, 01:42 PM
The overplayed troll card... please, just look how much rep I have.
Both are modern-day tactical military shooters. If you could only buy one, what criteria would you look at to compare? I put mine above.

Sorry I really didn't think you were being serious?!

What has rep got to do with anything.

One is a modern-day tactical shooter the other is CSS/CS.

MustangDelta
08-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Troll = 0
Arma community= 5

Nuff said

Sa-Matra
08-06-2011, 12:56 PM
OP is so fat that i don't see half of posts in this topic.

wooki
08-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Distinctive lack of bunnyhopping make arma fail. Also, killing floor wins because knife makes you run faster! Just like irl!

Ac187
08-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Wow! I heart ARMA and have been since OFP, my favorite campaigns being RED HAMMER (thats right <FU>), and Red Harvest (eagle wing was awesome too)) but I think the communities so polluted with fanboi.s that it's driving newcomers away.

I mean, I bet one of the biggest turn offs for new people is the movement/aim style, yet you people just yell at them for posting their issue.

God forbid anyone criticizes ARMA. You people need to expand your gaming horizons instead of being channeled into one game, your own custom mod set, on the part of the map you like the most. You all pretend your hardcore cause you played a MilSim. Please STFU.

STOP KILLING ARMA For the newcomers you idiots. QUITE BEING BI Hammer Legion Members!

Even though you cant really compare ARMA to CS. It is impossible given each games core goal. :P

wooki
08-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Wow! I heart ARMA and have been since OFP, my favorite campaigns being RED HAMMER (thats right <FU>), and Red Harvest (eagle wing was awesome too)) but I think the communities so polluted with fanboi.s that it's driving newcomers away.

I mean, I bet one of the biggest turn offs for new people is the movement/aim style, yet you people just yell at them for posting their issue.

God forbid anyone criticizes ARMA. You people need to expand your gaming horizons instead of being channeled into one game, your own custom mod set, on the part of the map you like the most. You all pretend your hardcore cause you played a MilSim. Please STFU.

STOP KILLING ARMA For the newcomers you idiots. QUITE BEING BI Hammer Legion Members!

Even though you cant really compare ARMA to CS. It is impossible given each games core goal. :P
Yes. Elitism is bad. But comparing arma to cs is just a joke. It's like getting Nick Carvello's putting challenge when you asked for BONESTORM!!
Your post is out of place. Off topic.