PDA

View Full Version : [info] New updates are here:

DarkByke
08-06-2011, 07:23 AM
The updates are great! Game is a lot more responsive :)

Updates to Dead Horde have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Dead Horde
Improved: jump distance decreased
Improved: jump animation duration decreased
Improved: jump timer refilled faster
Improved: tethering distance slightly increased
Improved: disabled shooting in forklift
Improved: number of free slots shown in server browser on hosted games
Fixed: kill stats synced in co-op play, fixes kills achievements in co-op
Fixed: endless black screen flickering if game is set to full screen on some PCs
Fixed: stability issue, if player follows an invitation and the game was not started before
Fixed: harbor - added barriers to avoid exiting the play area in one place
Fixed: harbor - vehicle can no longer enter forbidden area
Fixed: weapons attached to vehicles are now working after pressing reload button or entering vehicle during reload
Fixed: memory leak

UniversalCypher
08-07-2011, 07:57 PM
these are good updates..i co-sign..i think more work still needs to be done..but i credit the devs for taking their fans criticisms into account..

much respect due to the devs..

PhellAsleep
08-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Why is there a tethering distance at all? In ALL the coop gameplay videos I've seen on the game, people get killed because they kite in different directions, get cornered against the invisible wall, and are dogpiled.

If it's to keep track of the other player, it is not possible to just have an arrow pointing to their direction? It's not like there are any other objective indicators that would make it confusing.

DarkByke
08-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Why is there a tethering distance at all? In ALL the coop gameplay videos I've seen on the game, people get killed because they kite in different directions, get cornered against the invisible wall, and are dogpiled.

If it's to keep track of the other player, it is not possible to just have an arrow pointing to their direction? It's not like there are any other objective indicators that would make it confusing.

Teamwork. You should be using VOIP/Steamvoice with your teammate anyways, like saying "okay, we're going up here follow me! stay close! behind you!" and not wandering all over the place. It's just simply a more challenging way to play, and I guess people have problems with pushing their boundaries in games...

justing943
08-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Why does this game require a higher grade video card than Grand Theft Auto IV? [not trolling, I actually want this game to run on my system smoother so I am able to play it T^T]

Mutrol
08-08-2011, 11:13 AM

I agree with him. Invisible walls give the game a bad impression.

PhellAsleep
08-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Teamwork. You should be using VOIP/Steamvoice with your teammate anyways, like saying "okay, we're going up here follow me! stay close! behind you!" and not wandering all over the place. It's just simply a more challenging way to play, and I guess people have problems with pushing their boundaries in games...

haha... pushing boundries... invisble walls due to forced tethering... funny.

DarkByke
08-09-2011, 09:28 AM
haha... pushing boundries... invisble walls due to forced tethering... funny.

there isnt if u play right.

iambackagain
08-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Where is the link to download the update?

The topic clearly states that teh update for the game is located in this thread. It says the new updates are here. Here meaning in this thread.

You cannot say the updates are here and then not provide the update itself in this thread.

Rabid Dog
08-10-2011, 05:12 AM
Where is the link to download the update?

The topic clearly states that teh update for the game is located in this thread. It says the new updates are here. Here meaning in this thread.

You cannot say the updates are here and then not provide the update itself in this thread.

Updates are done via steam auto download, and you take thread titles way too literally.

/pats your head

iambackagain
08-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Updates are done via steam auto download, and you take thread titles way too literally.
No I did not take it way too literal. I explained it exactly how it is posted.

If what you're saying is the case then you would name this topic, something such as this: New updates are AVAILABLE. Which is a completely different thing than saying they are here.

This topic title is totally misleading and should be edited, because it clearly states that the update itself or link to the update, is actually in this topic.

Decay
08-11-2011, 12:59 PM

If what you're saying is the case then you would name this topic, something such as this: New updates are AVAILABLE. Which is a completely different thing than saying they are here.

This topic title is totally misleading and should be edited, because it clearly states that the update itself or link to the update, is actually in this topic.

You're trying too hard.

Bindal
08-11-2011, 02:44 PM

Like it would be any different with this game than with EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE on Steam, where all updates get downloaded automaticly and "here" means "is released and your steam will download it as soon as possible". Just as everyone (except YOU and just you alone) understands it.

On a related note - another update got released.

Added: revive kit for co-op games
Added: game paused in single player if player is in menu or shop
Improved: collision sounds of vehicles with mutants
Improved: hit detection if shooting from higher position
Improved: sensitivity of controller usage in menu
Improved: dogs are less sticky during attack
Fixed: rare spawn issue in mission 'village'

Said Revive-Kit costs 132.000$, thought. Maybe a bit overpriced if it's one-use and you need to pay that EVERY time. Couldn't test it yet.

Rabid Dog
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
The squish sounds are MUCH better, aim has indeed been improved, dogs do take bullet deflection more realisticly, so.. so far, so good.

DarkByke
08-17-2011, 06:54 AM
completely forgot about this thread, wow! interesting replies so far ;)

Syncourt
08-20-2011, 11:19 AM
these are good updates..i co-sign..i think more work still needs to be done..but i credit the devs for taking their fans criticisms into account..

much respect due to the devs..

Agreed. At least half of those fixes I asked for also, so big thanks to them for that :D

I don't mind the tethering too much, but it really needs to be smoothed out. The invisible walls it creates tend to be really laggy and a lot of the time you get them when you're not even at the edge of the screen.

At least, that's all I can assume it is. Because I've ran into invisible walls in the middle of the screen before, unable to get past them for a bit. Then suddenly I can move past it and back through consistently without getting stuck again.

Apart from that I'd really only like to see the game and netcode further optimized for a smoother experience.

Here's hoping :)

serieus1
08-21-2011, 10:41 PM
What happened to the ingame voice chat? I used it a couple of weeks ago and now couldn't find it, what gives?

Also, it's still really choppy on my i7 quad core 2.8ghz. Sure my video card ain't the highest in the industry ATI HD 5450, but i can run dirt 2, assassin's creed 2, and just cause 2 at almost all max and still get a better framerate than this game.

oliathsg
09-13-2011, 02:35 AM
What happened to the ingame voice chat? I used it a couple of weeks ago and now couldn't find it, what gives?

Also, it's still really choppy on my i7 quad core 2.8ghz. Sure my video card ain't the highest in the industry ATI HD 5450, but i can run dirt 2, assassin's creed 2, and just cause 2 at almost all max and still get a better framerate than this game.

Runs fine for me with an i5 and gtx460
I'd check your system.