PDA

View Full Version : will the 3 myst titles work on my windows 7

punkdude779
08-07-2011, 08:40 PM
hello, I have a eMachines® EL1352 Windows 7 Desktop and I am wondering if realmyst, myst masterpiece edition and riven are compatible with my computer, so can you please tell me what myst games will and will not work on my PC? thank you very much! here are my computer specs

Specifications
CPU3 : AMD Athlon™ II X2 Processor 255
(3.1GHz | 2MB total cache)

Operating System4 : Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Chipset : NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE

Memory5 : 4096MB DDR3 dual-channel (2 × 2048MB)
2 DDR3 slots total, 0 slots available (4GB maximum)

Hard Drive1 : 500GB 7200rpm SATA

Optical Drive : 16X DVD±R/RW SuperMulti

Write max: 16X DVD±R, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 8X DVD±R DL, 5X DVD-RAM, 48X CD-R, 32X CD-RW

Read max: 16X DVD-ROM, 40X CD-ROM

Media Reader6 : Multi-in-one digital media card reader
CompactFlash® (Type I and II), CF+™ Microdrive, Secure Digital™ (SD), MultiMediaCard™ (MMC, RS-MMC), Memory Stick™ (MS, MS Pro), xD-Picture Card™ (xD)

Video5 : Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE

Audio : High-definition audio with 5.1-channel audio support

Network : 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)

Peripherals : eMachines® PS/2 keyboard and optical mouse
AC power cord

Ports/Other : 9 - USB 2.0 (5 front, 4 rear)
1 - VGA
2 - PS/2 (keyboard and mouse)
1 - RJ-45 Ethernet
3 - audio jacks
1 - headphone jack (front)
1 - microphone jack (front)

Dimensions : 10.4" H x 3.9" W x 14.6" D

Weight : 12 lbs. | 5.4kg (system unit only)

Software : eMachines® Recovery Management
Microsoft® Office Starter 20102
Norton Internet Security™ (60-day trial) 8
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™
Adobe® Flash® Player
Nero® 9 Essentials
Netflix

here is the link to the site:
http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=EL1352-23e

cwy
08-17-2011, 09:22 AM
I couldn't get MME to work on my core i5 Win7 64-bit Home Premium after following many of the workarounds posted here and elsewhere. But RealMyst gave me no issue whatsoever. They are basically the same game, with RealMyst being a 3D version of MME. So I suggest you forget MME and get RM instead. I did, however, have success running the original Myst CD-ROM on DOSBox emulation of Windows 3.1 (http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=9405), but you need the original CD-ROM for that, and MME is re-tooled version of the CD-ROM.

I have the DVD edition of Riven from 2003 and I suspect Steam has the same version. It also didn't give me any problem - no need to install old versions of Quicktime like some people said, didn't even have to run it in compatibility mode. My 2003 DVD version of Exile also had no issue whatsoever.

punkdude779
08-24-2011, 11:58 PM
I couldn't get MME to work on my core i5 Win7 64-bit Home Premium after following many of the workarounds posted here and elsewhere. But RealMyst gave me no issue whatsoever. They are basically the same game, with RealMyst being a 3D version of MME. So I suggest you forget MME and get RM instead. I did, however, have success running the original Myst CD-ROM on DOSBox emulation of Windows 3.1 (http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=9405), but you need the original CD-ROM for that, and MME is re-tooled version of the CD-ROM.

I have the DVD edition of Riven from 2003 and I suspect Steam has the same version. It also didn't give me any problem - no need to install old versions of Quicktime like some people said, didn't even have to run it in compatibility mode. My 2003 DVD version of Exile also had no issue whatsoever.
thank you very much :)