PDA

View Full Version : Hackers on TF2

Psyphormer
08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Has anyone been disconnect when playing TF2, pressed the TAB button and notices another user within the game has your avatar picture? Me and my mate where just playing and someone had his avatar picture, so did someone else have my mates avatar picture (whilst in the same game). I cannot play TF, as it's saying I've been disconnected.

Cheers.

Rdemption
08-09-2011, 05:36 PM
What is your question exactly? Do you think someone hacked you friend's account or something? Or yours because you get disconnected?

The avatar picture is just a coincidence.

SmilerAl
08-09-2011, 05:41 PM
The avatar picture is just a coincidence.

No it's not it's a genuine bug that I've seen occur too, at times I've seen no avatars then at other times friends have reported on their screens they see their avatars but on mine I see my own as theirs.

Rdemption
08-09-2011, 05:45 PM
No it's not it's a genuine bug that I've seen occur too, at times I've seen no avatars then at other times friends have reported on their screens they see their avatars but on mine I see my own as theirs.

I guess it could be a bug as well.

Nekomancer
08-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Sometimes TF2 bugs out and the avatars of the players in the playerlist get shuffled/mixed. Happens, but it not due to "hacking".

jdun
08-09-2011, 06:28 PM

Yeah it a bug. The worst case was everybody in the game didn't have an icon except for me.

Fatbubba
08-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Could also be bots. There are many servers that have bots playing which take the same avatar as real people on that server, just a different random name.

Psyphormer
08-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Ok cool.

I starting to get annoyed now, as I've been playing TF2 for years. a few times now people have been using server mods if their a premier user. This kinda worries me little cheats using server mods to gain an advantage.

stereophonical
08-10-2011, 02:59 AM
What are you talking about? Are you Russian or drunk or something?

jdun
08-10-2011, 04:03 AM
Could also be bots. There are many servers that have bots playing which take the same avatar as real people on that server, just a different random name.

They are not bots because these are the people I played with most of the time and is on my friends list. There are no bot on the server.

cylon
08-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Ok cool.

I starting to get annoyed now, as I've been playing TF2 for years. a few times now people have been using server mods if their a premier user. This kinda worries me little cheats using server mods to gain an advantage.

They aren't cheats, its an optional server mod that gets the owners money to run the server. Just don't join ones that run that plugin (SAIGNS springs to mind as a big premium using server list).

Find some servers you likst and add them to your friends list.

They are not bots because these are the people I played with most of the time and is on my friends list. There are no bot on the server.

I have that if I am playing on-line but not being signed into the friends list/community. So it could be there was a glitch where you were connected, but it didn't think you were?

Zeneration
08-10-2011, 06:36 AM
It's either hacking or trolling.