PDA

View Full Version : Steam Client Beta Available - Aug 11 Update

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

psychic
08-14-2011, 07:11 AM
BUG:

A game that isn't released yet doesn't show the whole game info while in "Detail View". For example, before I had this beta on, From Dust would show this below "Game Info":

"From Dust is coming soon."
"To find others who play(...)Steam Friends list."
"If you need tecnical support(...)Steam Support."

And with this Beta, I only have the middle sentence below "Game Info":

"To find others who play(...)Steam Friends list."

It's no big deal, but I think Steam will want this fixed.

Berzerk404
08-14-2011, 09:14 AM
There should be an option with the tags to group offline friends under a single banner. At the moment, each of my groups has ~20 people with 25% of them online at any given time. The tradeoff between tags or no-tags is partially nullified: It makes things more cumbersome to manage.

pjumpleby
08-14-2011, 10:02 AM
pending invite bug.

I have 17 pending invites (14 group and 3 friend invites) but both the friends tab and the groups tab say 17 pending invites, shouldnt it say 3 invites on the friends tab and 14 on the groups not just display 17 on both?

goldnuts
08-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Confirmed, when in game (TF2) and someone adds, there is no popup at the bottom right of screen to show this

wits
08-14-2011, 12:27 PM
I can't tell if this is a beta thing or a GMod thing. But since the last update while playing GMod Steam will crash obviously leaving the game hanging. I haven't really played anything else lately, but I'll try something else and see if it continues.

I would upload a crash dump, but I don't know where they are.

Maledict21
08-14-2011, 12:31 PM
I would upload a crash dump, but I don't know where they are.

Check "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\dumps" and also the game directory in the "SteamApps" folder.

wits
08-14-2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.filedropper.com/assertgameoverlayuiexe201108122231461
http://www.filedropper.com/assertgameoverlayuiexe201108141421211
http://www.filedropper.com/assertsteamexe201108111828571
http://www.filedropper.com/crashhl2exe201108112233391
http://www.filedropper.com/crashhl2exe201108120036061

I did not see any in the garrysmod folder, so I just uploaded the ones since I installed the beta.

NekoLynx
08-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Can you please sort friends list alphabetically by game, not by name.

goldnuts
08-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Uh ? thats the whole point of alphabetically

They ARE sorted alphabetically already, AND game at the top

If you mean sort by game, then you mean a new option SORT BY GAME NAME

PS good idea ! I approve.

PPS wow u just got SIX rep cookies :D I'm not the only one to approve

Sim47
08-14-2011, 01:15 PM
BUG
Very top margin of area in the overlay is not clickable. Nor are windows movable when dragging them upon moving the cursor in the area.

Example: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558664840049688199/0B75E610DAF2F2BE731CAE4F8EA0C6C130629832/ I cannot close my Friends list window, nor close the overlay by clicking the "Close here" text.

1920x1080 resolution, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit, GTX 460M.

insyami
08-14-2011, 01:26 PM
BUG
Very top margin of area in the overlay is not clickable. Nor are windows movable when dragging them upon moving the cursor in the area.

Example: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558664840049688199/0B75E610DAF2F2BE731CAE4F8EA0C6C130629832/ I cannot close my Friends list window, nor close the overlay by clicking the "Close here" text.

Same problem here, 1280x1024, Win7 Ultimate x64, HD4650.

arleas
08-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Suggestion

Allow for some backpack sorting from steam without having to load up TF2. Right now it seems like my backpack is almost organized by the date the item was received (except I got my Soldier's stash back in the first hat batch, and my soldier's medal shows up before the stash).

Here's what I'm asking for: I want to be able to mark stuff as "wants to trade" and other stuff as "wants to keep". Also, give us an option to show entire backpack publicly vs "only show items wanted to trade".

Combine that with a nice search feature so if you're looking for (example) a strange shotgun, you can be matched up with someone who has marked one for trade.

Even better: fix it so I can put an item up for trade, and say what I want in return, and then if someone agrees to that deal, let the deal take place without me having to initiate the trade. A sort of "trade plaza" where I leave my item in Steam's custody and Steam brokers the deal for me.

I hate dealing with the general public for trades, but this would simplify things quite a bit (and might introduce some competition for decent offers)

I figure if you removed the item from the backpack while it was up for trade, it would prevent people trying to sell it off fast on their own and glitch out the system or something.

You might limit everyone to 1 trade like this at a time and expand the number if/when the trader's rep goes up. And have the rep only go up with successful trades, so that would be further incentive to not put up a renamed backburner and ask for a bill's hat in return or something stupid.

I've been waiting for an update like this since trading was introduced...

goldnuts
08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Hmm should mention a few times my friends window appeared in the BOTTOM right of some games.. QUAKE 4 I think was one

It was also resized stupidly small :(

goldnuts
08-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Suggestion
Here's what I'm asking for: I want to be able to mark stuff as "wants to trade" and other stuff as "wants to keep". Also, give us an option to show entire backpack publicly vs "only show items wanted to trade".

Thankyou, I already suggested this as well as search ! ;) and we need a lobby/mall system or something. We desperately need sorted inventory, SEARCH and we need reliable STATS on items. We desperately need drag and drop better suited to chatroom style trading, IT WORKS SO WELL please don't miss those posts Valve

But most of all

We need to be able to leave a trade offer on someones profile who is OFFLINE

HarryHy
08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Change User doesn't work for me (just closes Steam and doesn't come back up until I rerun the exe). Can provide .dmps for any Valve employee to PM me.

SmileyBarry
08-14-2011, 04:19 PM
BUG

This happens on my end, too. I thought that was just one game acting up!

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit as well, 1920x1080, NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT.

goldnuts
08-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Steam group chat really is like IRC trading. We LOVE IT THANKS VALVE

Please add the item database searching described above ! and then, in group chatrooms let us search like in IRC !

!find earbuds
!search earbuds

FIND - this chatroom only

SEARCH - whole item database

Display who has it (unless private), how many exist, and whether marked as is for trade or not !

Also please allow complex search expressions and ? *

!search earbuds level 42
!search vintage bill
!search unusual fez effect:circling*

duce303
08-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey, does anybody know if I activate a product on steam, with the steam trading beta up and (at least) semi-running,
1. Will it give me the option to add the games to my library or inventory?

2. If I already have some of the games, say if the code I'm activating is
a pack of games, will it add them to my inventory, or will they be lost in limbo?

3. Will it tell me I already have some or all of the games, and eat my product code?

I looked all over the forums and couldn't find a good answer for any of these. I sent in a ticket to steam support and they straight up refused to answer my question, saying:
"Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We do not offer technical support for the Steam beta.

You may, however, be able to find helpful information in the Team Fortress 2 Beta forums"
Which was not helpful to me.
An answer would be gratefully appreciated.

marciohuser
08-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey, does anybody know if I activate a product on steam, with the steam trading beta up and (at least) semi-running,
1. Will it give me the option to add the games to my library or inventory?Always at your library

2. If I already have some of the games, say if the code I'm activating is
a pack of games, will it add them to my inventory, or will they be lost in limbo?So far, unless otherwise stated, they still go into the limbo

3. Will it tell me I already have some or all of the games, and eat my product code?That, I do not know

Snorkel
08-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Suggestion

Here's what I'm asking for: I want to be able to mark stuff as "wants to trade"

Came in this thread to post exactly this, so...seconded!

goldnuts
08-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Found a weird bug

Type a tag name in, press OK and it comes up ticked.

The person disappeared ! no group with that name.. oh here he is, in SOME OTHER GROUP that was there before, has the old name, yet that name has disappeared from the edit tags list ! weirdddd

So again

Had 3 tags A B C

Added new tag D by typing name and CLICKING OK (normally I type and press enter)

Person appeared in B, with name B

Yet tag edit list now shows A C and D !

Doing it again with E, and pressing enter not clicking the OK box, now he is in 2 groups, B and E and the list shows A C D E as available tags. The old tag is gone

Confirmed: Tag "CASH BUYER" is completely gone from my list of available tags to tick, yet this person has been placed in that old, unused group since I cant delete it. Yet.. it seems to have been deleted. And hes not in the group thats ticked. That, doesnt exist.. (the new tag i made, D in the above case)

Unticking removed him from this old obsolete group "Cash buyer" (B in the above case)

Cannot re-tick. Both names I would need to tick are gone. Suss (never was there) and Cash buyer (whered it go anyway since i cant delete?)

PS above, you mean 3rded or more :D I suggested it way back ! at least that means we'll get it I hope !

Mangr0v3
08-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Not sure if it was related to the beta, but for the first time in over a year I was kicked from a L4D2 game for 'No Steam Logon'.

Zedo Mann
08-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Suggestion: Friends List search bar.
As long as we're tinkering with the friends list, let's make it really easy to find friends.

Edited:

Suggestion

Allow for some backpack sorting from steam without having to load up TF2. Right now it seems like my backpack is almost organized by the date the item was received (except I got my Soldier's stash back in the first hat batch, and my soldier's medal shows up before the stash).

Combine that with a nice search feature so if you're looking for (example) a strange shotgun, you can be matched up with someone who has marked one for trade.

Even better: fix it so I can put an item up for trade, and say what I want in return, and then if someone agrees to that deal, let the deal take place without me having to initiate the trade. A sort of "trade plaza" where I leave my item in Steam's custody and Steam brokers the deal for me.

I hate dealing with the general public for trades, but this would simplify things quite a bit (and might introduce some competition for decent offers)

I figure if you removed the item from the backpack while it was up for trade, it would prevent people trying to sell it off fast on their own and glitch out the system or something.

You might limit everyone to 1 trade like this at a time and expand the number if/when the trader's rep goes up. And have the rep only go up with successful trades, so that would be further incentive to not put up a renamed backburner and ask for a bill's hat in return or something stupid.

I've been waiting for an update like this since trading was introduced...
These ideas are great, I'd love to see them all added.

goldnuts
08-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Yep have thought of some of those, many of the ideas we've all put forward are obvious next gen trading steps :>

list moved

MrBlackSoul
08-15-2011, 01:04 AM
I think you've already posted this gold, but i'm goin' for it again.

Anyone noticed, there are no popups when a friend signs in ?
My friends tab is configured so i think it's a bug.

Another thing, my steam client doesn't run smoothly, and when i say smoothly i mean, it doesn't open up menus and itself like it should do, it opens with a little delay.

Mangr0v3
08-15-2011, 01:45 AM
Not directly related to the Steam beta, but considering there are skin engine changes could you please fix scrollviews? Example video: http://cl.ly/252n0p2D1d1F2J0l2M01

Note that the scrollview doesn't adjust the content offset as more space becomes available.

rafaelloaa
08-15-2011, 03:04 AM
In your TF2 inventory in the trading screen. It's sorted by when you got an item. Please make it match your normal in-game inventory layout.

Mercury302
08-15-2011, 03:07 AM
I think there should be a trade history that collects the profiles of people you've traded with and what items you traded with that person.

Nitramm
08-15-2011, 03:39 AM
Suggestion:

I've encountered this while trading a few times already and it is easy to get scammed by it (which was the whole point with this trading thing, right?). And that is when people have steam keys that they're trading. My suggestion is that they can redeem the keys as a gift, that way they can open it themself if they want later, or they can trade it through steam trading.

tl;dr: Redeem keys as gifts

Z Overlord
08-15-2011, 04:00 AM
The in game browser is super slow for me, primarily with making new tabs.

Acrel
08-15-2011, 04:45 AM
I have found a bug.
Sometimes when I am showing my items in chat I see blank space after last message.
Screen: ImageShack.us (http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/492/steamrp.png)
Sorry for my english, I am learning :D

kaneli2000
08-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Suggestion:

I've been having this idea in my head for some months now, building it bigger and bigger, and I'd like to post it here in case some Valve staff will read my post. In case not, I might try my luck and post it again to their email.

So, this trading sounds quite good, but it seems very limited. What I've been thinking is, why can't we sell our bought Steam games, or trade them for other games from friends?

Valve won't, of course, send peoples money back to them. But what about a Steam selling system, where I could sell a game I've bought earlier, and receive some cash to the Steam Wallet?

Let's take an example. I have bought Half-Life 2, and I have played it for hours and hours, and am finally all done with it. I'd like to sell it. So, with this new selling system, I could right-click the game in Steam, choose "Sell game" and a new warning window would appear. The selling price would be, perhaps, a third of the recent price of that in Steam, for Half-Life 2 it would be, in that case, approx. 3 dollars. So I would press ok and receive 3 dollars to my Steam accounts wallet, and in exchange, Half-Life 2 would be deleted from my Steam library.

What do you say? Wouldn't this be quite cool? The games you are tired of could be sold away and you could by new games with that virtual money.

insyami
08-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Suggestion:

I've been having this idea in my head for some months now, building it bigger and bigger, and I'd like to post it here in case some Valve staff will read my post. In case not, I might try my luck and post it again to their email.

So, this trading sounds quite good, but it seems very limited. What I've been thinking is, why can't we sell our bought Steam games, or trade them for other games from friends?

Valve won't, of course, send peoples money back to them. But what about a Steam selling system, where I could sell a game I've bought earlier, and receive some cash to the Steam Wallet?

Let's take an example. I have bought Half-Life 2, and I have played it for hours and hours, and am finally all done with it. I'd like to sell it. So, with this new selling system, I could right-click the game in Steam, choose "Sell game" and a new warning window would appear. The selling price would be, perhaps, a third of the recent price of that in Steam, for Half-Life 2 it would be, in that case, approx. 3 dollars. So I would press ok and receive 3 dollars to my Steam accounts wallet, and in exchange, Half-Life 2 would be deleted from my Steam library.

What do you say? Wouldn't this be quite cool? The games you are tired of could be sold away and you could by new games with that virtual money.

Looks like Green Man Gaming's trade-in, where you buy a game and can trade it later for a certain value, for example, you buy a $50 game, then trades it later for a $15 or $20 one.

17 Dollars
08-15-2011, 09:38 AM
PROBLEM

Not sure if it's a bug or just something on my side. When I tried to trade with someone, the trading window was shrunk and stuck in the upper left corner of the screen. I can barely see anything in it.

Can't drag, can't resize, can't do anything except use the scroll buttons to look around like I'm going over the deal through a paper towel tube.

goldnuts
08-15-2011, 09:44 AM
BUG !

Links in chatroom send you to the steam window and don't open ?

Also noticed double clicking near the link wouldn't select it, nor would normal click-drag select :( Had to copy a couple of lines to get the URL in clipboard then remove the extra text

Masacru
08-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Bug

If one places a lots of items into the trade (tf2) and you hold click one one of them showing you the description, then he removes that current item, the description will stay there and you can't make it go away ;\ it basically blocks all the inv slots.

It occured to me as I was hovering the cursor over the Tf2 Rift Sniper Mask(hat) thing and as he removed the items i couldn't get rid of it, the description and the item's picture.

goldnuts
08-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Hmm just tried to play TF2 after idling in our trade chatroom for a couple days, playing games on and off and trading etc but mostly idling for the last 12hrs was sleeping

After joining game, I looked at resupply it was bright yellow

TF2 then quit, and I got "Internal driver error bla bla" you're likely out of paged pool memory

Leak ?

STEAM.EXE CPU 1hr15, MEM 122,076K and rising, VM 286,556K also rising, 1188 handles, 50 threads

The chatroom window took a while to close when I did so :> interesting no ? another good reason to go with smaller icons and use tooltips for all the details ;)

Just unloaded everything and restarting TF2 now..

goldnuts
08-15-2011, 12:23 PM
moved ;p

KoNLaR
08-15-2011, 12:26 PM
So I logged on Steam after being off some days, I found the beta, dont know if it the tag feature were in the beta or not...

I test by tagged on by SS, it works all good, I remove that tag and start tagging for real, but then I see one has the wrong name. It has my first SS instead of what i typed in, but when I choose Tag As I see the real name, but not in chat menu. Just a notice to you guys, Its not a problem that I need to fix.

lgzn
08-15-2011, 12:52 PM
- Steam wallet as a payment method, 1 to 1.5% fee to withdraw

THIS.

I think by allowing this option along with mixed payments formats (steam wallet/gift games/items/combination of these) you would likely achieve more profit on the fees charged from players. Since items became more priced these days tons of lowballers are trying to push prices to lower than reality amounts.

At least people from Brazil are very supportive of this idea!

goldnuts
08-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Yes ! and I think market confidence and prices on good items would be at an all time high. People would be more confident to invest in the market, because withdrawing isn't a hassle anymore, and no scammers

Add this to "vintaged" unusuals (cant be got anymore) and expect a market boom and secure prices that won't drop

Acrel
08-15-2011, 01:00 PM
@goldnuts
Your ideas are pretty nice, but:- Custom friend names is not so cool. ;)

I think, that sending messages into offline users would be awesome. :cool:

- Show friends in main list even when tagged (as option?)
Great idea! :D

Valve could move the 'friends, groups' tabs to the right side, and enlarge our avatar. It's just a suggestion, but I think, that would be nice. :)

P.S. Sorry for my english, again :p

wits
08-15-2011, 01:20 PM
I haven't seen anyone else complaining about crashes so I can't tell if it's just me or what. But it seems like maybe the gameoverlay is causing the crash I don't know though.

http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/assertgameoverlayuiexe201108151515451

I'll try to go back to non beta and see if it continues.

Instantiation
08-15-2011, 01:24 PM
BUG

Screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/HK0LW.png)

Someone removed me as a friend and this was left over in my friends list. They were not listed on my profile page or the tag for all users, but they were shown under one of my custom tags.

To fix this, I had to click on their dropdown and then the option to add them as a friend. Once I did this, they were moved into the invitation sent group. I then went back to their dropdown and removed them as a friend. At that point they were not listed anywhere.

My guess is that the friend was removed from my friends list but not from my custom tags list. The friend might not even have the beta.

All in all, the bug wasn't that big of a deal. The tag feature alone is enough for me to keep using the beta.

goldnuts
08-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes, definitely a bug there already mentioned and an example how i got it to happen. I have these [unknown] ppl and cant remove unless I do what you did to remove em. For now, leaving then

Update on the recent post on memory usage, after restarting steam everything was fine

Think below was mentioned too, please read the thread everyone! maybe someone else can compile list of BUGS ?? I'm more interested in more suggestions to make the trading experience better/easier and safer

BetterMixMaster
08-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Small bug

Renaming a non-steam game will not update the name on your list but will still broadcast the new name to all your friends.

sabrinaleena
08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Recently my friend had traded with me and I was able to acquire Poker Night at the Inventory

But for some reason when i click on Manage gifts and guest passes, the only option I have for Poker Night at the Inventory is to send it but not open it.

kakkerlak
08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Recently my friend had traded with me and I was able to acquire Poker Night at the Inventory

But for some reason when i click on Manage gifts and guest passes, the only option I have for Poker Night at the Inventory is to send it but not open it.
use the new beta client go to your community profile in steam and check your inventory.
click on the game and click the unwrap button.

goldnuts
08-15-2011, 04:00 PM
God i forgot the idea MAKE POKER NIGHT = GAMBLING FOR ITEMS god what a feature :D no more spycrab gambling, something with skill !

Needs a value or token system - or allow players to choose what is fair to bet (heh). Fun fun.

Want update but can wait. Even if its rushed though, surely you can't do worse than the TF2 mass crash update ;) kinda fun watching the forum explode though :)

jdub
08-15-2011, 05:07 PM
- Fixed case where games would appear or start to be re-downloading when they shouldn’t

Just started happening to me today. Steam runs constantly on my PC though, so it might have just caught up with me. Sent email.

wits
08-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Continued crashing.

I still have seen anyone else complaining about this, but it seems like it ins't isolated to just GMod, Steam crashed while I was playing CSS. It is very annoying to be playing a game and it just hangs at a black looping screen.

Can anyone help?

Zamav
08-16-2011, 01:43 AM
Suggestion: Timestamp on the gift so we can check when the gift was purchased. This timestamp should be visible during the trade and we should be able to choose whether or not we want to show them only when the item is on our inventory.

Reason: Old gifting system had lots of issues with chargebacks and horror stories about how accepting a random gift disabled accounts or games got revoked and all that. Providing a timestamp will give us means to ensure that a gift won't be revoked because of a charge-back from a malicious trader.

Say, 15 days+ on a gift would mean a pretty good chance of not being disabled for example.

Edit: Showing the payment method (Credit card, PayPal, Steam wallet etc) might also be good idea, but I don't know if it steps on any privacy issues.

dasgluk
08-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Lists of nicknames my friends were using before is empty now, right after I used this beta update. Excepts this, everything runs perfectly.

Harfangdneiges
08-16-2011, 03:16 AM
I've seen translation bugs in French, I don't know if it's the same in English :
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/bugtradingsteam.png/
(not only for this weapon).
Le Le Buswacka : it's like "The The Bushwacka" in English. ;)

okami_s
08-16-2011, 09:13 AM
FIX IT PLEASE

"- Added bucketing of friends in the friends list – right-click on a friend as select ‘Tag as…’ to organize them into categories."

Yes, yes, but in-game menu don't contain this bucketing of friends feature.

MikeBlaszczak
08-16-2011, 09:15 AM
We can't wait to get some feedback Valve ? I've moved your post to its own thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2060956) in the Suggestions/Ideas area. We like to keep the beta threads about beta feedback specifically -- it makes issues easier to track and manage.Yes, yes, but in-game menu don't contain this bucketing of friends feature.
What do you mean by "in game menu"? Are you asking about the UI presented in the overlay?Lists of nicknames my friends were using before is empty now, right after I used this beta update. I have a fix prepared for this; you should see it in the next update.

okami_s
08-16-2011, 11:32 AM
What do you mean by "in game menu"? Are you asking about the UI presented in the overlay?

Sorry, i mean, GameOverlayUI. It's missing the tagged friends option. I think.

insyami
08-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I don't know if this is a bug with the beta, but when I change the name of a custom shortcut on Steam, for example, program.exe to Game, it doesn't instantly updates, it does shows the new name on the friend list "now playing", but I have to restart Steam in order to show it on the library.

goldnuts
08-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi, lost a Genuine Pip Boy !

Just before item server went down recently, I traded over steam

First trade was PROTOTYPE + HATS for GENUINE PIP

Second trade was another copy of PROTOTYPE for GENUINE PIP + HATS

I have everything, except both pips ! (already had one genuine, should have 3 !)

The non genuine pip I have, I crafted

I have tried to verify with TF2items but it didn't have the history. Also, saving the log of the items when trading with steam should be an option

SUPPORT TICKET INFO ^^ just submitted.

I guess it was around 2hrs ago ? maybe less

fyiiamaheavy
08-16-2011, 04:30 PM
is this a bug after the servers went back up invites been failing?

roamzero
08-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Having the friend listing up on a second monitor eats CPU resources a lot, I have to have it minimizes otherwise I get stuttering in my games (TF2, Warhammer, etc)

ReubenF
08-16-2011, 05:35 PM
is this a bug after the servers went back up invites been failing?

Clan invites? Yes, there was, it should be fixed now.

MikeBlaszczak
08-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Sorry, i mean, GameOverlayUI. It's missing the tagged friends option. I think. Looks fine to me. Are you perfectly sure you're enlisted in the beta?

fyiiamaheavy
08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Clan invites? Yes, there was, it should be fixed now.

Ok thanks valve i been trying to Invite people to my clan for a while I really like the way you helped thank you :3

Noizekick
08-16-2011, 06:19 PM
BUG:

Posting this bug for the 5th time now, in almost two months:

Since July, the UT2004(-based) Webadmin hasn't been working in the Steam browser.
I repeat; it does not work anymore in the Steam browser.

Previous posts:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23071314&postcount=230
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23674873&postcount=2
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23913590&postcount=79
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23972094&postcount=5

I've also received a PM from someone having the same issue, but this time with the Killing Floor webadmin (UT2004-based as well).

Anybody out there?

Cheers.

square965
08-16-2011, 08:47 PM
BUG

Gap in text showing the bottom of the conversation is no longer there. Maybe this was intentional, but I really hope that it wasn't. It's a minor annoyance, but I liked being able to know that I'm not scrolled up in the conversation by seeing the gap.

http://i.imgur.com/A5FDC.png

There's a visual of what I'm talking about.

Can anyone confirm that the same thing is happening to them? I'm curious whether or not this is intentional.

edit: fixed

Farley_Gnu
08-16-2011, 10:28 PM
BUG

Gap in text showing the bottom of the conversation is no longer there. Maybe this was intentional, but I really hope that it wasn't. It's a minor annoyance, but I liked being able to know that I'm not scrolled up in the conversation by seeing the gap.

Can anyone confirm that the same thing is happening to them? I'm curious whether or not this is intentional.

Yes, it's on everyone's client.

However, there's a scroll bar on the edge of the chat window, in which you can clearly see if you've hit the bottom of the chat, is there not?

Neon Kitten
08-17-2011, 12:39 AM
The latest beta and the one previous seem to have developed a fondness for chewing up CPU cycles when they should be idling. With nothing else but Steam running on my machine, I see CPU1 (on a Core i5 750) sitting constantly at about 25%, with spikes to 50%. A quick check of Task Manager reveals that the culprit is the Steam client.

Any reason why an idle Steam client would be stealing CPU cycles? (And no, it is not downloading any games when this happens)

Der_Spy
08-17-2011, 01:34 AM
- Fixed a case where Steam Guard would unnecessarily re-ask for activation in the Steam Client.
friends list

Did your Valve Staff watched my Topic about the Bug and fixed it? :D -> http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2019592

Koki1oki
08-17-2011, 03:04 AM
Bug!

Look at the picture: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4132/bugtags.png

By the way, its tag bug.

angel_entropy
08-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Is steam supposed to update every time I restart or switch window's users? It's been updating everyday ever since I opted in for the steam trade beta.

Branokil
08-17-2011, 08:13 AM
me and a friend of mine are trying to use steam beta for a game trade. problem is that it gives that round circling thingy saying its waiting for him, and then it closes. i dont know what may be the problem. he cant trade with anyone whatsoever. i can do. i asked him if he is or crated his account on a cafe/school, but he says he didnt. he also copy pasted steam.exe to another folder and still the same problem, waiting for him to connect to the trade(he and i both accept either trade requests fine)
dont know what problem this may be. he is from netherland

PortaI
08-17-2011, 09:13 AM
I think people would love to trade their TF2 Items for Steam Funds (lets say as they think there will be an upcoming sale on a game they like)

Prejudiced
08-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Can we get a screenshot function in the trade place?

fyiiamaheavy
08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
8/17
- repaired "View aliases" dialog
- sorted aliases in "view aliases" dialog by time last used
- improvements to friends tagging feature
- Allow Unicode text when entering account recovery answers in the client
Last edited by pieterw: Today at 10:33 AM. Reason: beta update

Thank you i was wonder why it wasnt showing...

ikar
08-17-2011, 12:12 PM
1650:

+ fixed some things like other beta in beta invitation, "The" in non-English item names, etc.

- interface still have veery small "leak"
http://t2t4.com/images/corner.jpg
http://t2t4.com/images/corner2.jpg

Conny14156
08-17-2011, 02:14 PM
something good to have is a FREAKING HISTORY,
a real working history.
the one now on steam community fails miserably.
says i own section 8,
but not the friends i added today.
i want to find a friend who gifted me the game,cause i cant remember hes name and he gave me the wrong game(YES IKNOW he wont probly refund me or give me the other 3 copy he owes me but still >.>) when i traded its says 4 packs. but it just 1 game with 3 dlc which make it 4 packs. which could be a really missleading thing. (or i read really wrong. but i dont really think i could read that wrong that much -.-)
so a history of somekind would be good.
and i payed 1 bills + 3 keys for 1 copy of section 8 when it only cost 5 bucks YIPPIE nice going valve thougth this was suppose to reduce stuff like this, its easy and more safer to actualy use the old method -.-. thanks valve :3
and yes iam mad :3

TL;DR
a history of all tradings done

Edit:
its seem i read wrong it was 4 items,

stereophonical
08-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Please have all friends still show up in the "Friends" group even when they're tagged, I liked that a lot better. If this is the way it's going to be then I'll have to do without this feature. There needs to be an "All" group of some sort.

Also remember which groups are collapsed/expanded between restarts.

BS_1
08-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Please have all friends still show up in the "Friends" group even when they're tagged, I liked that a lot better. If this is the way it's going to be then I'll have to do without this feature. There needs to be an "All" group of some sort.

Also remember which groups are collapsed/expanded between restarts.
Click Friends > uncheck Show Untagged Friends Only.

ClintDrums
08-17-2011, 03:14 PM
i want to find a friend who gifted me the game,cause i cant remember hes name and he gave me the wrong game

In the upper right-hand corner of the Steam client, click on your account. Here, you will find a list of all purchases and gifts. This should show you the person that gifted you the game.

ApeSpecter
08-17-2011, 03:35 PM
thanks view alias is fixed.

Z Overlord
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
- improvements to friends tagging feature

How so?

strelok1911
08-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Every Source game I have crashes on exit with some steam.dll unload error.
fix this please.

jarhead4exg
08-17-2011, 05:35 PM
i like the friends tag thing tho i wish you had the option to make a new tab like the groups and friends tab and maybe be able to move them by dragging them around or have a order settings or soemthing

Dragoon.x
08-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Can one of you Valve guys fix the "Backup and Restore Games list" to list games alphabetically?
I like to backup games that come in bundles together like the Indi Flight Pack or Humble Indie Bundle.

It's annoying to find a specific game when you have over hundred and the games are listed what seems to be randomly.
However I think there an underlying order to this chaos.

Look at the screenshot to see what I mean.
http://i.imgur.com/DqWdE.jpg

gamer007
08-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Minor cosmetic issue in the evening update. When you press Friends on the top of the main Steam window, one of the strings says #steam_menu_friends_showuntagged.

http://i.imgur.com/xTFuG.png

Tr0n0s
08-17-2011, 07:12 PM
I think it would be more comfortable and better if Steam Support to open web browser Steam as a pop-up and not from the system's default browser.

Example done for me: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1333/suportsteam.jpg

Clamburger
08-17-2011, 07:19 PM
When you're in the chat for a group, clicking the drop down arrow and selecting "Invite to Trade" doesn't do anything, and comes up with a message saying "You cannot trade with because they are not logged in"

Tr0n0s
08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Option to delete tags will be added?
Or infinite accumulate useless tags?

Please look at my suggestion, Valve:
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7338/tagdm.jpg

square965
08-17-2011, 07:59 PM
BUG

edit: fixed

Sweet, got fixed.

Savage Alien
08-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Bug

Tooltips don't show any text. This is on the Game Details library view.

Sarge945
08-17-2011, 08:27 PM
give us an option to show someones Facebook name under their Steam name. I have so many friends and its a little embarrassing when I forget who a particular steam account belongs to

wazups 2x
08-17-2011, 08:27 PM
I think it would be more comfortable and better if Steam Support to open web browser Steam as a pop-up and not from the system's default browser.

Example done for me: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1333/suportsteam.jpg

It's not always possible to log in to your Steam account. For example, maybe someone forgot their password or their account was "hacked". That's why Steam support is completely separate from Steam.

Sgt.Sausage
08-17-2011, 08:49 PM
i like the friends tag thing tho i wish you had the option to make a new tab like the groups and friends tab and maybe be able to move them by dragging them around or have a order settings or soemthing

+1 instead of scrolling, tabbing would be perfect.

Tr0n0s
08-17-2011, 09:14 PM
It's not always possible to log in to your Steam account. For example, maybe someone forgot their password or their account was "hacked". That's why Steam support is completely separate from Steam.

What I mean is that Steam has its own web browser, I do not think it takes that there will be separate pages Steam Client with the system browser ... What he proposed is that by giving Steam Support / Forum or from the client, open the web page, but not with the system browser, but the web browser on Steam.

PD

Not a new support site ...

Only when you open links on Steam, such as Steam Support or Forum.
To open the Steam web browser and not the system's web browser to ensure 100% web compatibility and greater convenience and speed of opening ...

ILikePi
08-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I'm getting really annoyed with the back button on the Steam store/community browser. It only lets you cycle through the last page and the current page, whereas usually you can cycle backwards through multiple pages like an Internet browser. If this isn't a bug, please fix it! :)

Dragoon.x
08-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Bug

Tooltips don't show any text. This is on the Game Details library view.

I confirm, it's blank. All hover text (like over friends or achievements) shows a blank field.

Edit: Screenshot http://i.imgur.com/oL2mj.jpg

Hyetal
08-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I confirm, it's blank. All hover text (like over friends or achievements) shows a blank field.

Second confirm.

The_Thing
08-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Automatically logging into friends while in a game locks up Team Fortress 2, let alone makes it unplayable. Sign in before you join a server.

Sellrion
08-17-2011, 11:23 PM

I confirm. It is realy blank.

goldnuts
08-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Can we get a screenshot function in the trade place?

No overlay, unfortunately but yes would be nice.

Text is copy/paste-able tho !

Printscreen works too :P

muckyfuthalucka
08-18-2011, 02:04 AM
BUG

Probably not related to the steam beta, but an icon is missing in the blotter for promoting someone as an admin in a group.

http://i.imgur.com/TzQIV.jpg

rednut416
08-18-2011, 02:08 AM
there is 1 bug
when i am in the libary, i scroll my mouse over my friend and instead of coming up with what s/he is playing it comes up with a blank grey rectangle
other then that everything else is working :)

Pulseh
08-18-2011, 02:19 AM
BUG

I'm not sure if this has already been reported or not, but Steam's main window's 'Friends' menu has an unlocalised entry in it: #steam_menu_friends_showuntagged. However the same entry in the Friends List menu is properly localised.

dazzlia
08-18-2011, 02:23 AM
BUG

Steam Offline mode does not function. When attempting to start Steam into offline mode, the error "Could not connect to Steam" is presented instead.

Accessing Offline mode from Steam (if first started in online mode) functions, but attempting to start Steam from 'scratch' does not work.

Direct
08-18-2011, 02:31 AM
SUGGESTIONS:

Add the ability to remove the tag(s)
Trade Buid-in Steam VGUI

KubanitoS
08-18-2011, 04:28 AM
Can we please get a feature to see other player's TF2 backpacks with a single click?

It would be nice to just right click on someone in the friendlist and select "view backpack" and this feature would take us to the person's tf2b or tf2items backpack page.

Sierra Oscar
08-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Perhaps already reported, I see a broken menu item as shown in the friends dropdown image.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q3/Sierra_Oscar_2006/bug1-1.jpg

NelsonTG
08-18-2011, 06:48 AM
BUG

This beta has scrambled the order in which achievements are shown in the details view in the library, and also in the panel in the overlay which shows what your next easiest achievement in the current game is - previously they were ordered according to the percentages shown in the "global achievement stats", now there seems to be no ordering at all.

Skaaq
08-18-2011, 07:05 AM
The games or tools I launch doesn't close after exit, I have to do it manually via the task manager, It doesn't do that in the non beta steam.

pgorley
08-18-2011, 07:13 AM
Every time I receive a message, steam changes the volume of other applications down to 5%.

kakkerlak
08-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Every time I receive a message, steam changes the volume of other applications down to 5%.
that is windows 7

right click the speaker in the system tray and select sounds.
than go to the communications tab.

Nekomancer
08-18-2011, 07:15 AM
That's not Steam, that's Windows 7.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/adjust-volume-level-when-place-or-receive-telephone-calls-in-windows-7/

edit:
Damn, you ninja.

M-s-X
08-18-2011, 07:15 AM
BUG

This beta has scrambled the order in which achievements are shown in the details view in the library, and also in the panel in the overlay which shows what your next easiest achievement in the current game is - previously they were ordered according to the percentages shown in the "global achievement stats", now there seems to be no ordering at all.

And else friend, and etc - see :)

http://i24.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0818/db/238097c969180a97e1c61205cada8edb.jpg

seq
08-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Would you perhaps consider adding the ability to remove the uppercase font style of the Friends list tabs in a custom skin? "font-style=regular" in PageTab{} will make all tabs except the two in the Friends list be normally capitalized. I can force the Friends list tabs to be presented in lower case, but I'd really like to make it capitalized like "Friends" and "Groups" in my skin. Thank you.

ksn032
08-18-2011, 07:49 AM

Second confirm.

I confirm. It is realy blank.

I also confirm this bug.

BS_1
08-18-2011, 09:11 AM
What are the 'clan panels'? :confused:

Tr0n0s
08-18-2011, 09:48 AM
would be nice to add "Check for updates of games" in the menu "Games"?

Power would be good to check for updates manually for errors in auto-update (which happens sometimes) and just upgrade when you want.

I and many games have many Auto-refresh and sometimes it takes just the "keep this game updated" ... Or forget to put

DarkProcessor
08-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Check "Show every one in friends section" in client's "friends" menu.

Possibility a language problem or something like that.

Tr0n0s
08-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I'm getting really annoyed with the back button on the Steam store/community browser. It only lets you cycle through the last page and the current page, whereas usually you can cycle backwards through multiple pages like an Internet browser. If this isn't a bug, please fix it! :)

I confirm! I also happens

And else friend, and etc - see :)

http://i24.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0818/db/238097c969180a97e1c61205cada8edb.jpg

Another confirming it!

Lex260
08-18-2011, 11:23 AM
mistake the date of change nicknames
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/11966984.jpg/

MikeBlaszczak
08-18-2011, 11:40 AM
mistake the date of change nicknames
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/11966984.jpg/Can you provide a link to the account you were viewing, please?

StanGe
08-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Question

i recently discovered that in the download settings "default" was my chosen setting. i think this is new and came with the beta. never saw this before. which region is chosen with the default setting? would be nice to know.

http://www.abload.de/img/default2uz8.png

Bug

as you added the new hover effect for groups, there comes a bug along this addition. if you right-klick on a group to open the options panel, left-klicking anywhere on your desktop will cause the hover effect to stay.
here is a screen: http://www.abload.de/img/bluecdl3.png

Can you provide a link to the account you were viewing, please?

all of my friends´ alias history have the 01.01.1970 as the date. but only if i look at it via the steam overlay. if im on my desktop, the dates are correct.

scubs
08-18-2011, 12:33 PM
if i buy/preorder a game to store in inventory and it has a TF2 promo will the promo be given to my TF2 account or..?

ardragoon
08-18-2011, 12:35 PM
im tired of reading the whole forum. so pls dont be angry :X

since the last beta update the information of my friends arent shown.

http://ardragoon.at/chriss/fehlersteam.jpg

this is not only happening to me.

greets
ardragoon

theocervi
08-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Removing a friend who is tagged will cause [unknown] to be in the group, preventing that group from being deleted.
Annoying bug.

kakkerlak
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Removing a friend who is tagged will cause [unknown] to be in the group, preventing that group from being deleted.
Annoying bug.I made a trade group and some of those deleted me with the same result.
no way to delete them but I think restarting steam fixes it.

Spiderm4N
08-18-2011, 01:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Al8D4.jpg

Zanfall
08-18-2011, 01:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Al8D4.jpg

I can confirm that this string is missing.

cool_myll
08-18-2011, 01:38 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38605/2011-08-18_233508.jpg

Erm what?

altercuca
08-18-2011, 03:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Al8D4.jpgsame thing happening here!

SmileyBarry
08-18-2011, 03:21 PM
I can confirm that this string is missing.

Yep, and this isn't even a skin problem. It's an actual missing string and affects even custom skins. http://grab.by/aKC0

ClintDrums
08-18-2011, 03:34 PM
In the overlay, the tooltips for achievements are just grey boxes.

Sellrion
08-18-2011, 04:27 PM
That new item tooltips in the chat are to laggy. May be you will make the info in that tooltips cached somehow? It is very annoying to see the tooltip opening very slowly each time I hover it.

And why does that tooltips open outside the chat window? What the heck is that?))

Alpha218
08-18-2011, 05:47 PM
BUG

Entering a group chat while in-game will cause both the game and Steam to crash, and booting a game up while in a group chat will cause just Steam to crash.

This is on the Mac client btw.

theocervi
08-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I made a trade group and some of those deleted me with the same result.
no way to delete them but I think restarting steam fixes it.
It doesn't. ;[

muckyfuthalucka
08-18-2011, 06:53 PM
BUG

The tooltip is also just a grey box for the Resume/Pause button under Library>Downloads.
http://i.imgur.com/zF4Uv.jpg

fyiiamaheavy
08-18-2011, 07:54 PM
bug Achievement Things when you view them are Blank

Threadoff
08-18-2011, 08:41 PM
The steam trading window is so huge, I can't see the trading and chat at same time. I use 1280:960 and still I need to scroll to see the chat. My friend uses 1024:768 and trading window takes 3 screens for him.
Just make it resize to match screen resolution. It will be perfect if it can support 640:480.

DarkChaplain
08-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Any news on when this update will go live for all?

Amy
08-18-2011, 09:04 PM
The steam trading window is so huge, I can't see the trading and chat at same time. I use 1280:960 and still I need to scroll to see the chat. My friend uses 1024:768 and trading window takes 3 screens for him.
Just make it resize to match screen resolution. It will be perfect if it can support 640:480.

I use a scroll and i still need to scroll.

Instantiation
08-18-2011, 09:40 PM
BUG

Screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/Rm4lH.png)

No text shown when mousing over friends on a game's library view.

EDIT: Also the in-game overlay.

EDIT: It's fixed.

Lex260
08-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Can you provide a link to the account you were viewing, please?

It does not matter what account, so display the date of change nicknames for all my friends. When you restart Steam to date is correct

Patcheresu
08-18-2011, 10:36 PM

Same issue. It also occurs with achievements, and anything utilizing the same boxes.

Sir_Brizz
08-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Same issue. It also occurs with achievements, and anything utilizing the same boxes.
Same for me.

scarecrow007
08-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Same for me.
Sam3 :rolleyes:

Zenorex
08-19-2011, 01:00 AM
BUG

I've been organizing all my friends into tags and recently decided to have a "TF2 Temp Traders" tag. However, I noticed that if they're tagged when you remove them from your list, they become "(unknown)" and it's starting to clutter up my list. I have no way to remove the tags after they've been dropped from the friends list.

Example (http://i.imgur.com/37bA2.png)

altercuca
08-19-2011, 02:56 AM

No text shown when mousing over friends on a game's library view.I confirm that BUG too.

MrPancakesFatty
08-19-2011, 03:32 AM
BUGS

1) Like someone said a few posts before, friends will become 'unknown' if removed from your list while they are in a group.

2) I can no longer change the name of my non-steam games while using this Beta.

3) If you create a Tag, then delete it, then create a new one with a different name, the old Tag will just come up instead of the new one.

Anyone else experiencing these bugs?

Andreson
08-19-2011, 04:55 AM
My Steam achievements and friends in-game overlay or in the Library are just empty blank sheets. When I opt out of the beta the bug vanishes. Please fix it.

FlashZombie
08-19-2011, 05:28 AM

Same for me

Killdrax
08-19-2011, 05:56 AM
My Steam achievements and friends in-game overlay or in the Library are just empty blank sheets. When I opt out of the beta the bug vanishes. Please fix it.

Same here happens here, guys. I haven't noticed yet, but some of my brazilians friends (i'm brazilian too) told me that the language support has some gramatical and translation mistakes. Like I've said, I haven't noticed them yet.

Andreson
08-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Same here happens here, guys. I haven't noticed yet, but some of my brazilians friends (i'm brazilian too) told me that the language support has some gramatical and translation mistakes. Like I've said, I haven't noticed them yet.

I use have my Steam in english.

Peewi
08-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Two things I've noticed in the inventory:
Description being cut off (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Peewi/inventory/#440_2_327653598)
Team Spirit paint shows as black (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Peewi/inventory/#440_2_311440293)

OniNeoxes
08-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Came around this Today
http://i.imgur.com/fDDue.png

Justin7
08-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Just wondering it there will be an update today since it's friday?

Andreson
08-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Came around this Today
http://i.imgur.com/fDDue.png

What game is that?

Sir_Brizz
08-19-2011, 10:08 AM
What game is that?
Defense Grid.

Kreacy
08-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi, i want to report a terrible bug.

Today, Friday 19th of August, 2011, at aprox 18:50, this guy ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004504804 ) wanted to trade me something for my pack Section 8: Prejudice + DLCS.
I placed my copy of Section 8: Prejudice and he placed 6 copies of Portal. Suddenly, the trade window showed me a message: "Trade complete", but i don't clicked on any box to accept...
As can i see, it was an exploited bug, because this guy, when the trade was completed without my aprobation, changed his name and his Steam ID and blocked me.

Now, i'm here, without my copy of Section 8: Prejudice and with 6 copies of Portal.

My Steam ID is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002769677 , i want my game back, check your system, i hate this beta, i lost my extra copy of Section 8: Prejudice because of you, and i dont want 6 copies of Portal.

Valve, which means that you can do?

Andreson
08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi, i want to report a terrible bug.

Today, Friday 19th of August, 2011, at aprox 18:50, this guy ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004504804 ) wanted to trade me something for my pack Section 8: Prejudice + DLCS.
I placed my copy of Section 8: Prejudice and he placed 6 copies of Portal. Suddenly, the trade window showed me a message: "Trade complete", but i don't clicked on any box to accept...
As can i see, it was an exploited bug, because this guy, when the trade was completed without my aprobation, changed his name and his Steam ID and blocked me.

Now, i'm here, without my copy of Section 8: Prejudice and with 6 copies of Portal.

My Steam ID is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002769677 , i want my game back, check your system, i hate this beta, i lost my extra copy of Section 8: Prejudice because of you, and i dont want 6 copies of Portal.

Valve, which means that you can do?

Call Steam Support and ask guidance there too. They must help you.

Lukydude
08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Since the update a few days back now when I hover over achievements after selecting a game in my games list on the left the menu that pops up saying the achievement name and description is blank at first I thought this was an error on my part so tried restarting steam that didn't fix it so I tried re-installing steam and that didn't work so then I opted out the beta so it would go back to the normal steam client and it worked again so then I re-opted into the beta and it is no longer working again so I deduce this to be a bug with the current beta - Thanks for the beta and please try to fix this as this is an annoyance to me :)

Regards
Lukydude/xL0NE WARRIORx

LennardF1989
08-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Absolutely amazing system. I just claimed my Portal copy that came with Portal 2 in the duo pack.

The only thing that should be made more obvious, in my opinion, is that you can trade for nothing. eg. I was under impression I had to trade the copy of Portal for say a TF2 gun before I noticed the "I am ready to trade" checkbox.

LennardF1989
08-19-2011, 01:35 PM
BUGS

2) I can no longer change the name of my non-steam games while using this Beta.

I can confirm this. The properties seem to change, the actual game list isn't updated with the new name.

BloodShed
08-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I can confirm this. The properties seem to change, the actual game list isn't updated with the new name.

Does it change when you restart steam?

If that's the case then I am having the same bug,

Toasty
08-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I haven't been monitoring the thread, but can your tagged friends list stay expanded through Steam restarts? It's kind of annoying to keep re-expanding my tagged friends.

SiPlus.c
08-20-2011, 02:23 AM
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE BETA:
1) Bind Backspace to back arrow.
2) Bind Escape to "stop loading".
3) Add an option to insert /me when clicking the big button in a chat (call it "third person mode" or "insert action").

StanGe
08-20-2011, 04:46 AM
the new beta release looks good so far. but please remove the arrow next to the friends menu in the friends window. didn´t really fit in the steam design.

please take a look into the item popup in the chat window. the borders look quite ugly: http://www.abload.de/img/trade1uqg.png

one minor ui suggestion. add one or two blank lines from the top to the description in the tag window. will look slightly better. more similar to the games category window. i´ve marked the space that i mean in in the screenshot: http://www.abload.de/img/spaceju1e.png

and please take a look into the double klick issue for the overlay browser (doubleklick works like klick and hold the left mouse button).

James93
08-20-2011, 05:09 AM
I can't seem to find the "report conversation" button in the new beta. Am I missing something?

Schwick
08-20-2011, 05:25 AM
It's getting better and better. Just a repost that these bugs are still there and also a few suggestions.

Few bugs:
The last made tag doesn't save the collapsed/un-collapsed state and resets each restart of Steam. This results in me constantly manaully opening the tag-group to see who's online.
Same thing as above for Groups. Not sure if bug or maybe a suggestion. I'll list it as a bug for now.
Steam seems to have a hit another memory leak. Small one, but it's there. My Steam goes from its initial 16MB usage to 120MB after a couple of hours playing a non-steam game (League of Legends).

Suggested improvements:
When dragging an item when linking, the focus of the chat-window is lost. It's kinda annoying. Not losing focus or finding a way to easier link without losing the chat-window focus would be better.
Have an option where you can edit your tags in terms of name. Currently you got to remove one, then remake it and retag. Would save time for an edit function.

Future suggestion:
Be able to custom name a friend. Sometimes I lose track how somebody is called with their bloody name changes.
Keep up the good work!

muckyfuthalucka
08-20-2011, 05:28 AM
I can't seem to find the "report conversation" button in the new beta. Am I missing something?

Since when can you report conversations? I'm only aware of the report violations on peoples profiles.

Andrenaline
08-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Hi, Maybe Somthing else reported yet because is very anoying but just in case I want to post it anyway.

When somebody of your friends list classified in a TAG removes you (or maybe blocks you) then you are not able to remove it from the tag or friends list and appears as "unknoun".

Thanks for your updates and please keep doing such a great work!

En Ex
08-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Bug:

When I receive a Steam trade invite, I can click on the popup at the bottom of my screen, but all that happens is the popup disappears. I actually have to click the chat window and click the trade invite in the chat for this to work.

Gruber
08-20-2011, 12:43 PM
My friend doesn't enter in TF2 since... 2009. And he want to trade old items with me, but the items doesn't appear in his backpack. What the hell?

Peewi
08-20-2011, 01:02 PM
My friend doesn't enter in TF2 since... 2009. And he want to trade old items with me, but the items doesn't appear in his backpack. What the hell?

I'm fairly sure they'll appear if he starts up the game just once.

Dokem
08-20-2011, 01:55 PM
since that last client update yesterday i am not able to buy anything from the store, using paypal or my wallet. im trying to buy a giftable mw3

Dokem
08-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Bug:

When I receive a Steam trade invite, I can click on the popup at the bottom of my screen, but all that happens is the popup disappears. I actually have to click the chat window and click the trade invite in the chat for this to work.

this is true

Tr0n0s
08-20-2011, 11:45 PM
I think Steam should have Social OpenID.
This is one of the best companies:
http://www.janrain.com/products/engage

https://www.myopenid.com/

Mangr0v3
08-20-2011, 11:48 PM
I think Steam should have Social OpenID.
This is one of the best companies:
http://www.janrain.com/products/engage

https://www.myopenid.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/dev ?

H4wk
08-20-2011, 11:57 PM
BUG:

I can't edit names of non-steam shortcuts. I have to restart steam for the changes to take effect.

Also steam is not detecting that I am in-game (Non-Steam AC:B). My status changes to in-game when I launch AC:B but changes back to online after a couple of seconds.

EDIT: The status bug is fixed somehow but I still can't change names of non-steam shortcuts

Tr0n0s
08-21-2011, 12:12 AM
http://steamcommunity.com/dev ?

No I mean, I mean to linking my social networking accounts with Steam
(In the case of facebook, it is possible ... But it has many improvements ...)

The company studies the possibilities and would go very well with steam.

Just see everything that should have been able to do with social methods http://www.janrain.com/products/engage
Every example you see will be different and prepared for the case.

Because in Steam? http://www.janrain.com/products/engage/loyalty-rewards-game-mechanics

Mangr0v3
08-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Steam in no way fits into that product's target market.

Tr0n0s
08-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Steam in no way fits into that product's target market.

Give reasons for what you say

Mangr0v3
08-21-2011, 12:25 AM
That product is designed for websites to let their users share hosted content over social networks in order to raise brand awareness.

Aside from Valve already doing this to some extent with Facebook and not particularly needing raised brand awareness, Steam Community is its own social network.

Finally, Steam requires and uses its own login system, logging in with Facebook/Twitter/Google/Windows Live/etc. is probably not feasible - even PS3 users need to create a Steam account rather than just signing in with their PSN identity, last time I checked.

Tr0n0s
08-21-2011, 01:52 AM
That product is designed for websites to let their users share hosted content over social networks in order to raise brand awareness.

Aside from Valve already doing this to some extent with Facebook and not particularly needing raised brand awareness, Steam Community is its own social network.

Finally, Steam requires and uses its own login system, logging in with Facebook/Twitter/Google/Windows Live/etc. is probably not feasible - even PS3 users need to create a Steam account rather than just signing in with their PSN identity, last time I checked.

Do not compare PS3 with social networking, please.
We will not comment much because people do not use PSN, Could be bad security?
Social networks go far beyond, sooner or later see Steam. Always better early.
But look at Sony's new PS VITA's gamescom, social whole.
O EA Origin. Social! or Google plus, and more ...
I do not want Steam, which is what I use, is left behind.
I use a lot of social networks, like most internet users.
Steam and put his whole Facebook connect, but very little ...
If you try with the company and can not, look for other methods, but steam connections required to social networks!

HarryHy
08-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Does no one at Valve get this download problem or anything?

Change Steam language and it redownloads half my games.

http://i.imgur.com/6PBli.png

8/12
- Fixed case where games would appear or start to be re-downloading when they shouldn’t
Might be a good idea to try to reproduce it again.

I really hope this beta doesn't go live with this problem in it, I can just anticipate the hordes of angry people with bandwidth limits.

kakkerlak
08-21-2011, 02:14 AM
that is what should happen when you put steam on another language it starts downloading that language support for everything it can.

be smart use english :)

HarryHy
08-21-2011, 02:17 AM
that is what should happen when you put steam on another language it starts downloading that language support for everything it can.
That is incorrect, considering 1) I already have that language content downloaded and 2) I highly doubt Portal 2 has over 10 GB of German content. Same with TF2 redownloading 9,7 GB of files. Changing the language is just one method of triggering the bug of redownloading entire games.

kakkerlak
08-21-2011, 02:20 AM
it is not a bug and it is how the client works for years now.
noting to do with the beta or the fix they made , that was another problem.

HarryHy
08-21-2011, 02:22 AM
it is not a bug and it is how the client behave for years now.
noting to do with the beta or the fix they made , that was another problem.
So you're telling me the client redownloads the ENTIRE GAME just to change the language? Hint: it doesn't. I have changed the language numerous times pre-beta and it did not redownload the entire game, just the language content I required.

kakkerlak
08-21-2011, 02:26 AM
So you're telling me the client redownloads the ENTIRE GAME just to change the language? Hint: it doesn't. I have changed the language numerous times pre-beta and it did not redownload the entire game, just the language content I required.I did not look at your screenshot before maybe it is part of that bug.
the download screen can be incorrect in the info it gives too.

ikar
08-21-2011, 02:58 AM
I do not understand why Valve may need to use another vulnerable OpenID, it is enough that they contacted with the leaky facebook

On the issue of restarting play when changing language - seems to be most properly developed games do not have this problem, but the games developers are not provided for localization in the normal way (ie, the removal of language resources into separate files) - reloaded when you change the language the client such Supremecommander 2

Adenru
08-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Why I'm still not able to change input language in overlay?

KillahInstinct
08-21-2011, 07:08 AM
It appears I can trade some items I'm not supposed to be able to trade (thanks to tmtth, for helping me test this). For more details please PM as I don't want it abused.

Also when searching for an item it says 1 of 0, referencing the pages. Obviously that's a small bug.

The backpack also has an order I don't understand, where I would prefer the order of my actual backpack.

TripleJx3
08-21-2011, 07:47 AM
It would be nice if my TF2 backpack was sorted how it is in TF2 rather than the current oldest to newest format.

I dont much care for this search bar thing which doesnt work very well, i typed in the first few letters of an item and there where still other items with no relevance to the search being shown.

It would also be nice if I could choose which one of the items i would like to trade. As of now it takes the one from the very bottom of my backpack regardless of which one of that duplicate item i choose to trade which usually results in me trading my own personal items by accident.

SiPlus.c
08-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Why "Valve" tag in my friends list is collapsed on startup?

BS_1
08-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Why "Valve" tag in my friends list is collapsed on startup?
I hope they fix this bug before making the beta official. :(

fyiiamaheavy
08-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Bug steam losses connection While im in beta but reg steam doesnt lose connection

Boots of Danger
08-21-2011, 11:27 AM
UI Annoyance

The difference between strange and regular weapons in TF2 is a little difficult to notice, I accidentally traded away the wrong weapon because of it

CeInfo
08-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Both traders appear as online, when one of them is in-game. Only tested it with non-steam games trough.

-Sugar_Wolf
08-21-2011, 04:16 PM
I can't see my interface in-game after updating to trade Beta.

Here's a screenshot of my issue: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016006702/screenshot/540651079837211924

2bz
08-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Can I please have an option to hide the tab names?
I have no groups and do not have any plans to join some of those either.

So now "Friends" and "Groups" tabs titles are completely redundant for me (and all the other people who don't like to be grouped just like me) and steal my workspace.

Please make the tabs names be shown only when there are more than 1 tab has any active elements in it.

I am sorry guys, but I will insist on adding that option ;]

En Ex
08-21-2011, 09:11 PM
The backpack also has an order I don't understand, where I would prefer the order of my actual backpack.
On top of this, Steam trade needs to include additional TF2 item information.

For example, let's say I had two Bazaar Bargains. One of them is a numbered one that I crafted; the other is one that dropped into my backpack last night.

I decide to sell the dropped one, and initiate a Steam trade with someone. Because the item window does not display the items in backpack order, I have to search for the Bargains.

At this point, both show up, but it is impossible to tell them apart: both have the same quality and item details. The specific, numbered version doesn't show up as such. Let me reiterate: there is no way to tell them apart. This can make trading very specific items on Steam trade unnecessarily difficult and risky.

XDD128
08-21-2011, 09:38 PM
I got a copy of Killing Floor through Steam Trading Beta from my Steam friend. I know its not his fault cause you can't send guest passes as a gift. When I try to redeem it, it gives me a guest pass has expired error, but i went to manage guest passes and gifts and it said no expire date. i even tried to send it to my brothers account, but same error. If this is a bug, please fix it, i really want to play Killing Floor.

ClintDrums
08-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I just moved to a new apartment. I had set my Steam to offline mode even before I left, knowing that many users have issues with it. Offline mode worked great, but not after I had internet again. I had got internet set up working for a bit, but then went out again. I had already put Steam back into online mode and when I lost internet again, I wasn't able to do anything. All I got was a connection or network error. I know I didn't have internet, there's no need for that message. But, why can I use offline mode while I have internet, but not when I don't? This seems like the opposite of what it should be. And yes, I do have my username and password saved on this computer, as well as Steam automatically starting and logging in when Windows starts.

If one doesn't have internet, or loses connection unexpectedly, they aren't going to be able to set Steam to offline mode while it is connect to the internet. Offline mode works fine, as long as you set Steam to offline mode while online. But, if you lose your connection before you do so, or it happens unexpectedly, it doesn't do you any good and you are left without the ability to use the products you've paid for.

I'm well aware of the issues involving DRM and account verification, but users need to be fully aware of any stipulations involving using Steam's offline mode. This is why so many complain that it doesn't work. The fact is that it doesn't work unless you're connected to the internet, which completely defeats the purpose.

Mighty_marcos
08-22-2011, 06:15 AM
BUG

Front Mission Evolved fails to launch while using beta (complains about cd key) Launches normally in non-beta client.

martinoo
08-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Does that still happen to you in the beta ? I can't repro it here.

if it still happends for you in the beta, can you shutdown Steam, rename the folder
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata" to something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\olduserdata". Then try again. If that fixed it for you can you Zip the content of olduserdata and send it to me please (martino@valvesoftware.com)

Thanks,
Martin

Mallow
08-22-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm having an issue with the Steam beta dealing with sound.

I have Netflix (or music) playing and I receive a Steam message and for some reason the sound gets turned way down. It did not happen before the beta update so I want to say it's with the new client. I have a Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium OS.

I can turn the sound up but it's just annoying that it gets turned down when I receive a Steam message. This only happens when sound is playing.

H4wk
08-22-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm having an issue with the Steam beta dealing with sound.

I have Netflix (or music) playing and I receive a Steam message and for some reason the sound gets turned way down. It did not happen before the beta update so I want to say it's with the new client. I have a Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium OS.

I can turn the sound up but it's just annoying that it gets turned down when I receive a Steam message. This only happens when sound is playing.
Try this.
http://i.imgur.com/gzqDl.png

Dr˙m
08-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Hello

Is it normal, or a new feature, that Steam proposes to change my password when I connected? ...
I canceled and I did a virus scan but nothing ...
So?
Thank you.

Mighty_marcos
08-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Does that still happen to you in the beta ? I can't repro it here.

if it still happends for you in the beta, can you shutdown Steam, rename the folder
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata" to something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\olduserdata". Then try again. If that fixed it for you can you Zip the content of olduserdata and send it to me please (martino@valvesoftware.com)

Thanks,
Martin

when this first happened, a few days ago, I ended up opting out of the beta, I have since switched back into the beta, and the game launches as expected, sorry that I cannot be more helpful.

fyiiamaheavy
08-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Be Nice to see A new thing that lets you set order of groups

fyiiamaheavy
08-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Updating a new Cilent for Steam where is the Notes on which it is Adding or fixing ?

fyiiamaheavy
08-22-2011, 06:23 PM
8/22 Update
- Fix download and conversion of games using the new download system (Quake 4, Sniper Elite, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction) for users on ISPs using some transparent proxies
- Fixed friends sections collapse state not saving correctly between sessions
- Fixed a crash if the audio device is removed during a voice chat
- Fixed editing the name of a non-Steam game Thanks valve

lusciousism
08-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Steam does not seem to be registering my Fallout New Vegas to the Steam trading beta.

Here are some pictures
http://k.min.us/j5AdJ3zs.png
http://k.min.us/jeRMN0EfA.png

Soo, what's going on? We both updated our steam andd I don't want to keep him waiting.

fyiiamaheavy
08-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Where is The thing Where we can set our bookpack Privites You Getting it ready valve?

pokedex2536
08-22-2011, 07:38 PM
- Fixed editing the name of a non-Steam game

Thank you! :D

Tarun
08-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Noticed this as a bug.

When updating the Steam Client (happens whether you're in the beta or not) after downloading it and telling it to restart the Steam Client, I have to manually restart the client myself. This is also happening to several of my friends.

It seems to happen on both x86 and x64.

Mallow
08-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Try this.
http://i.imgur.com/gzqDl.png

I just don't understand how this could cause the problem. It's not a communication. Again, it never happened before this steam beta client update. Unless Windows is mistaking it for a type of communication, it doesn't make sense. I'll change it and let you know but I just don't see why this would cause it when it never did this before.

SmileyBarry
08-22-2011, 08:19 PM
I just don't understand how this could cause the problem. It's not a communication. Again, it never happened before this steam beta client update. Unless Windows is mistaking it for a type of communication, it doesn't make sense. I'll change it and let you know but I just don't see why this would cause it when it never did this before.

It's because Valve are using the VoIP API for notification sounds, which is bad. The reason sound doesn't return to its original volume when the notification disappears is because Windows isn't coded to handle these VoIP calls so quickly, due to the simple fact that there is no 1 second VoIP call.

So Windows fails to catch up when Steam says to turn the volume back up and thus it stays that way.

Darkmummy9
08-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Trading unplayed games, in my case I bought the THQ Complete pack awhile back when it was on sale because I was interested in a few of the games. But I have several games I have never even downloaded or played but I was forced to redeem because I bought the package. What if because I have never downloaded the game or clocked any amount of time in it I could make it into a gift and trade it? It has never been played technically.

Latisin
08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
I found a nifty little bug while changing names. Click for the image below.

Also I like the new tab system we have on friends list, but can it stretch so it isn't ugly?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8744890/Kuvat/Sekalaiset/steamprobz.png

If it helps, that's the Finnish language.

takkito
08-22-2011, 10:00 PM
A friend and I are trying to trade. I just bought the Terraria 4 pack and was going to trade one of the extra copies. It says in the trading menu under your inventory, TF2 backpack (26) and Steam Gifts (3). When I click steam gifts though, it says I currently have 0 items in my steam inventory. Help :[

goldnuts
08-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Bugs

Tooltip on items in chat changes size when still loading and you move the cursor around. (Also seems to download the info again and again rather than caching?)

Tooltip on items in chat dimmed when opening game overlay and someone has dropped it into a chat. Fixed when first clicking anywhere on chat window

Also reminding of possible performance problems when leaving chat open and a lot of images have been dropped over the last 12 hours or more, have also started to see areas of desktop that will not change (despite minimizing the chat) until I leave chatroom. Again, only after a lot of uptime and text/images passing through the various chats I have open

AaronC31
08-23-2011, 05:54 AM
Suggestion/Idea: I've edited the default friends list a bit to further simplify it. I took the Friends Options that was at the top of the list and combined it w/ the Friends tab. I then used the users avatar (In this case, it was me) to take up the empty space on the right. Here is a photo of how it looks.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/Wizkid1907/Private%20Misc/RefinedList.png

In my opinion, it has a much cleaner look and much less empty space.

goldnuts
08-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Getting really annoyed with how slow it is to load my inventory in a trade, and how slow it is to load the images.

Currently waiting and still hasn't even shown me my stuff at all, 2 minutes or so.

Restart and its better

Connection issues play havoc with this thing..

FISKER_Q
08-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Not sure if this qualifies for a bug report, but i noticed in the console that the error message below was spammed:

utlvector.h (293) : Assertion Failed: IsValidIndex(i)

Haven't seen it before the beta update.

Tarun
08-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Suggestion: Change "Download + Cloud" to "Network" or "Networking".

okami_s
08-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Missing the Friends tags in the GameOverlayUI

Good, in the menu:
http://www.imageserve.info/img_store/2011/08/23/f/fac1bf6441c46549c889a498c7823018.jpg

Missing the Friends tags in the GameOverlayUI
http://www.imageserve.info/img_store/2011/08/23/3/38d5b44bc30f1da82cfb12242649afd8.jpg

Mr. Wonko
08-23-2011, 02:04 PM
"Report a bug" directs me here? Fair enough.

A couple of games in my library just forgot their category. About half of them, actually, which is quite a lot. They all belonged to one of four or so categories, e.g. all the games filed as "Indie". I believe it happened after today's update, not sure though, must've been recently.

So now I have to reassign the categories, regarding which I have a suggestion: Make it less of a pain in the butt. Maybe add drag & drop or some other easier means of assigning a category to a lot of games.

I'd also prefer Tags over Categories, i.e. having the ability to set multiple categories/tags. For example shooter/todo/3rdpartydrm.

So long,
Mr. Wonko

to42366
08-23-2011, 02:11 PM
If I trade something for a game, can I trade that game again to someone else?

Answer please.

Scorcher24
08-23-2011, 02:42 PM

Answer please.

No, it is gone.

to42366
08-23-2011, 03:16 PM
No, it is gone.

You mean I have not as a gift, but as a bought game?

Scorcher24
08-23-2011, 03:20 PM
You mean I have not as a gift, but as a bought game?

It is gone from your account and in the inventory of the other one you traded with. He can redeem it to play himself or trade it to someone else.

Hulahoop
08-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Answer please.

Yes, as long as it stays in your inventory and you don't redeem it for yourself.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417
What restrictions are there on trading Steam Gifts?
Trading a Steam Gift is very similar to sending a gift to someone; just that once it is traded that user can then either trade it again, or open it for themselves. There are no restrictions on territory.

2bz
08-23-2011, 05:14 PM
There is 1 thing that bothers me (actually 2nd after the forever empty Groups tab which steals my space ;]).

When I r-click Steam icon in my system tray, the pop-up menu won't close if I click somewhere outside it. I have to select something in that menu to get rid of it, even if I have some urgent actions waiting on my desktop.

Such behavior is kind of not quite appropriate for the context menus.
It should always close, when the user clicks somewhere outwards.

Thank you in advance.

SmileyBarry
08-23-2011, 05:38 PM
There is 1 thing that bothers me (actually 2nd after the forever empty Groups tab which steals my space ;]).

When I r-click Steam icon in my system tray, the pop-up menu won't close if I click somewhere outside it. I have to select something in that menu to get rid of it, even if I have some urgent actions waiting on my desktop.

Such behavior is kind of not quite appropriate for the context menus.
It should always close, when the user clicks somewhere outwards.

Thank you in advance.

Hmm, that doesn't happen on my end. Any click outside the menu closes it. What operating system are you on and does it still happen even after restarting Steam?

to42366
08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
It is gone from your account and in the inventory of the other one you traded with. He can redeem it to play himself or trade it to someone else.

Oh, so you mean I can trade the game again? It can be infinitely traded until it's redeemed by someone?

afarnsworth
08-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Tonight's update doesn't require a new client version. You can find the new controls available on the Community. At last, you can set your bookpack privites.

8/23 Update
- Added inventory privacy controls to the Community profile settings page. You can also choose to display Steam Gifts with the rest of your inventory or keep them private (the default).

Scorcher24
08-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Tonight's update doesn't require a new client version. You can find the new controls available on the Community. At last, you can set your bookpack privites.

8/23 Update
- Added inventory privacy controls to the Community profile settings page. You can also choose to display Steam Gifts with the rest of your inventory or keep them private (the default).

Very nice, was waiting for this.
And seems like the view-options for the profile itself work now too.

fyiiamaheavy
08-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks valve i was trying to hide my items for my friends wont be like can i have this or something...

scubs
08-23-2011, 07:42 PM

8/23 Update

Profile Status:
#Profile_Status_Friendsfriendsonly_Short

it's been like that for days/weeks.

SmileyBarry
08-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Oh, so you mean I can trade the game again? It can be infinitely traded until it's redeemed by someone?

Well, yes. If you trade a game you can no longer trade it or redeem it but the person you traded it with can trade it to someone else or redeem it, and so on and so on.

m2pt5
08-23-2011, 11:40 PM
The Pip-Boy I just traded for (at this url (http://steamcommunity.com/id/m2pt5/inventory/#440_2_438385139)) isn't showing properly in Steam friends chat windows. It's just showing the plain url, and sometimes the popup appears when mousing over it. Other items I've received recently still work fine.

s333ftricky
08-24-2011, 12:32 AM
You can also choose to display Steam Gifts with the rest of your inventory or keep them private (the default).

Doesn't work. unchecked box and saved but it's not listed in inventory page (or maybe it's because i have no gifts left).

heffebaycay
08-24-2011, 02:00 AM
8/23 Update
- Added inventory privacy controls to the Community profile settings page. Apparently these new settings only affect the inventory visibility on Steam Community. It is still possible to see the inventory content through the WebAPI.

I guess you're going to make this setting apply to the WebAPI item feeds (Portal 2 / TF2) in the future. If not, then honestly I don't see the point of these new privacy settings :|

Mdr1212
08-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Hello,
I suggest two improvements for steam trade
1) I propose to double check as an option for gmail meaning you receive an SMS containing a password which must be returned each time you connect to their Steam account.
2) When you click on the account name I would like to have an option next to what was purchased to print the invoice for the purchase games
thank you,
Sincerely,

Bladestar
08-24-2011, 03:19 AM
BUG

Just tried to trade games with somebody who has multiple Steam Gifts, but none will show up, where as all TF2 items do. Any fix or will you create one?

Mangr0v3
08-24-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm not sure if this is related to the Beta or not, but consistently Steam isn't detecting Age of Empires Online quitting. It reports me in-game until I restart the client.

Peter_J_Georg
08-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Bug:
Steam fails to report download status at all (maybe doesn't even download?)
Wanted to download a media file today (Serious Sam 3 Chaos Trailer - 81059) which uses the new content format. In the Media tab Steam tells me "Downloading: 0%", Downloads tab tells me "Downloading" but no more information is given (no current download rate, no peak, no total download). In tray I only get the info "Steam - working".
I even checked if Steam is acutally downloading anything, yes it is, but I do not have any idea what.
Some extract from few logs that might help:
downlaod_log:
[2011-08-24 15:15:15]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
[2011-08-24 15:17:18]: AppID 81059 is now marked not downloading
[2011-08-24 15:17:22]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
[2011-08-24 15:22:39]: AppID 81059 is now marked not downloading
[2011-08-24 15:24:15]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
[2011-08-24 15:26:16]: AppID 81059 is now marked not downloading
[2011-08-24 15:26:21]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
[2011-08-24 15:33:10]: AppID 81059 is now marked not downloading
[2011-08-24 15:33:11]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
[2011-08-24 15:38:38]: AppID 81059 is now marked not downloading
[2011-08-24 15:38:42]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
[2011-08-24 15:41:35]: AppID 81059 is now marked not downloading
[2011-08-24 15:41:37]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
[2011-08-24 15:43:37]: AppID 81059 is now marked not downloading
[2011-08-24 15:43:37]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
[2011-08-24 15:45:37]: AppID 81059 is now marked not downloading
[2011-08-24 15:45:38]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
[2011-08-24 15:47:38]: AppID 81059 is now marked not downloading
[2011-08-24 15:47:38]: AppID 81059 is now marked downloading
Why does this happen?

content_log
[2011-08-24 15:43:37] Starting update AppID 81059, download 120672/66662480, reuse 0/0, stage 253952/67283845
[2011-08-24 15:44:07] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:44:07] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:44:37] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:44:37] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:44:37] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:44:37] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:45:07] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:45:07] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:45:07] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:45:07] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:45:07] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:45:07] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:45:37] Timeout while waiting for progress for depot 81059
[2011-08-24 15:45:37] Depot 81059 stopped updating (Connection timeout)
[2011-08-24 15:45:37] AppID 81059 state changed (Connection timeout): 0x000b0502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,Downloading,Staging,Update Stopping,
[2011-08-24 15:45:37] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00080502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,Update Stopping,
[2011-08-24 15:45:37] AppID 81059 state changed (Connection timeout): 0x00000402 = Update Required,Update Started,
[2011-08-24 15:45:38] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00000502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,
[2011-08-24 15:45:38] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00001502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,Reconfiguring,
[2011-08-24 15:45:38] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00000502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,
[2011-08-24 15:45:38] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00030502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,Downloading,Staging,
[2011-08-24 15:45:38] Starting update AppID 81059, download 120672/66662480, reuse 0/0, stage 253952/67283845
[2011-08-24 15:46:08] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:46:08] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:46:38] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:46:38] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:46:38] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:46:38] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:46:40] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Received 0 (Invalid) HTTP response
[2011-08-24 15:46:40] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:47:08] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:47:08] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:47:10] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:47:10] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:47:10] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:47:10] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] Timeout while waiting for progress for depot 81059
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] Depot 81059 stopped updating (Connection timeout)
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] AppID 81059 state changed (Connection timeout): 0x000b0502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,Downloading,Staging,Update Stopping,
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00080502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,Update Stopping,
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] AppID 81059 state changed (Connection timeout): 0x00000402 = Update Required,Update Started,
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00000502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00001502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,Reconfiguring,
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00000502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] AppID 81059 state changed : 0x00030502 = Update Required,Update Running,Update Started,Downloading,Staging,
[2011-08-24 15:47:38] Starting update AppID 81059, download 120672/66662480, reuse 0/0, stage 253952/67283845
[2011-08-24 15:48:08] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:48:08] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:48:08] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:48:08] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:48:08] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:48:08] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:48:38] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:48:38] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:48:38] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:48:38] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:48:38] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:48:38] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:49:08] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:49:08] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:49:08] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection
[2011-08-24 15:49:08] HTTP (CDN,4) - content3.steampowered.com (content3.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:49:08] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): AuthenticateDepotID (81059) - Success!
[2011-08-24 15:49:08] HTTP (CDN,1) - content1.steampowered.com (content1.steampowered.com): Closing connection

Dokem
08-24-2011, 08:39 AM
BUG

Just tried to trade games with somebody who has multiple Steam Gifts, but none will show up, where as all TF2 items do. Any fix or will you create one?

My Gift games shows on my inventory in my profile but once I want to trade them, they won't show up on my trading window.

I'm trading my gifts the old way now, with the checking rep, middlemen hussle that I hoped I got rid of with the steam beta trade.

Please fix, this is a serious bug.

Also, please allow the tf2 inventory to be sorted JUST like it is in game. Its a real pain in the... to look for an item there.