PDA

View Full Version : game has odd control issues?

isolated1
08-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I tried playing the demo with a xbox 360 controller, but does anyone have issues with actions like sticking to cubes to get carried across gaps? It doesn't always work, and it doesn't give you any idea what you did to make it work or not work. It feels weird, and it makes me not want to buy the game. So is it just me or are the controls a bit broken and tough to use?

Ducon
08-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I get the "sticky issue" sometimes and fall to my death kicking and screaming.Using kb here.

ozgeek
08-11-2011, 06:31 PM
If you mean it wants to roll off instead of "hanging" onto moving blocks to move across gaps, I agree with you. I just came back from playing the demo for first time. Stupid and feels out of place for this kind of game.

I actually had to put my controller down on the table and move the stick slowly, yet, it thinks to roll the cube. Why not just have the moving blocks hold it for me.

racingfreak92
08-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes, I agree. sometimes it feels very fluid, other times it seems to bug out and becomes much more sensitive. I think it depends on the number of cubes you are attaching to and how it moves (like, a row of 4 moving back and forth dont seem to give me trouble, but the single cubes moving in circles on bonus level 6 are very finicky)

ozgeek
08-11-2011, 07:13 PM
wait a minute. i found it easier if you use the D-pad. Do the same as you do with the sticks but use the D-Pad (the cross control thing). And do not hold it down. press a direction couple times to "balance" the cube on the moving blocks.

Just found it out but yeah they need to iron out the sticks issue.

isolated1
09-05-2011, 07:15 PM
wait a minute. i found it easier if you use the D-pad. Do the same as you do with the sticks but use the D-Pad (the cross control thing). And do not hold it down. press a direction couple times to "balance" the cube on the moving blocks.

Thanks, using the dpad does work for best for balancing on walls and the cubes, and the analog stick is better for everything else. Thanks to your suggestion I am able to play.

Vyrastas
10-15-2012, 05:21 PM

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but thanks for this tip. I was having a lot of trouble doing Edge Time with the stick on my Xbox controller, it's very finicky. Using the d-pad was a hell of a lot easier.