PDA

View Full Version : CS: Global Offensive [press release today]

Flyingcow1103
08-11-2011, 08:45 PM
New CS game?

yes. new cs game.

http://www.facebook.com/ESEA.net?sk=wall
http://eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9967
http://twitter.com/#!/Joe_Miller/status/...
http://twitter.com/#!/bastianveiser/stat...
http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23csgo

DirectTarget
08-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Wow, I really can't wait to see what they have planned.

g859
08-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Now I'm curious. If it's ESEA I'll definitely pay attention.

stillmatic07
08-11-2011, 08:49 PM
FINALLY A CS WITH HATS?! :D

smash
08-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Seems related to this http://www.halflife2.net/2011/07/26/counter-strike-pros-invited-to-valve/

I'm intrigued!

SiMMENS
08-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Wow, first I've heard of this...

smash
08-11-2011, 09:18 PM
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?179882-Counter-Strike-Global-Offensive&p=3291889#post3291889

Global Offensive*

Sorry, I forgot that you need an account to view that are of the forum. Here's a quote:

Well, it looks like rumors have proved true: Valve is working on another Counter-Strike game called CS:GO (Global Offensive). It uses a modern updated version of the Source engine and has some classic maps, albeit sometimes heavily modified, as well as presumably new maps/content. More information coming tomorrow...

https://www.facebook.com/ESEA.net

It's being misreported as Counterstrike: Global Operation but according to a post on the Steam forums, Jess Cliffe confirmed that it is in fact Global Offensive:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24307076

A redditor was at Valve today and played it:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/jgehv/iama_guy_who_spend_the_day_at_valves_headquarters/

Decided to put this in the Games and Gaming section since the CS:S and Valve sections are all but dead at this point and we really just need a megathread anyway (it might get moved there once everyone hears about this though).

We should have a news post incoming once we get official word on the matter (presumably tomorrow morning).

edit: Some new info coming from the reddit thread:

Q: release date?
A: Q1 2012

Q: The big question: Will it have updated graphics but with 1.6 style gameplay? Which is, arguably, the more competitive of the two. Are they going for an esports title contender or are they going for a CoD-esque type game?
A: It is a mix really, it has wallspamming which is more like 1.6, but it is on the source engine, so the feel of it is more(but not exactly) like source. The flashes are also more like 1.6, where turning your back to them will make you a lot less flashed than looking straight at them, but they also have the sound from source. The smokes are like they are in the current source. There is also more tagging than in source, but the tagging also depends on the damage youre being dealt, so you wont be pinned to the ground by being hit by a glock for example ;>
They have a casual and a competitive more - the competitive mode is very esports-minded and will have a match-making and ranking system both for teams and individual players.

Q: any kind of estimate on when it'll actually come out? Does valve seem to be focused on fixing a lot of complaints from old source/1.6? Is this just essentially a huge update that'll cost $50?
A: Planned release is Q1 2012. The people here are all top players from source or people from the big communities, so they are very focused on fixing things that people have problems with in earlier versions of the game. It will have matchmaking and rankings, so it's not just another version of the same thing, it is mainly made for 5on5 play, so it's more about getting the "real" competitive experience than previous versions has been.

Q: Does the game resemble CounterStrike 1.6 or Source more?
A: Much more like Source, it's made on a newer version of the source-engine and the maps are (some of them heavily)modified versions of the source-maps.

Q: What was Valve mind set of the game? What ideas were they suggesting? Did you actually get to test some gameplay? Did they mention anything about the competitive side e.g 1mill tournament for this as they did for Dota 2?
A: Their mindset on it isn't that it needs to have the 1.6 players and/or source players all move to it necessarily, even though clearly theyre hoping to make it good enough that people want to move. They are very serious about making it a good competitive game though (there is a competitive and casual mode), which is proven by them flying in 20 top players from europe to help them test it.

We played the game yeah, they said we should suspect crashes and stuff, but it wasn't too bad. We we're 10 people playing in the room I was in and I think we had 3 crashes total in like 4-5 hours of play, so it's not too bad.

I'm pretty sure he said at lunch, that there wasn't going to be a dota2 style 1 million dollar tournament, but I only overheard that conversation, so I'm not 100% sure about what exactly he said.

In short:
- Release Q1 2012
- Matchmaking / individual and team ladder system
- Emphasis on competitive play, 5v5
- Casual and competitive modes
- Classic maps return, modified

Sounds like Counterstrike 1.5 to me, basically. Some people are also saying that it's console oriented.

Parliamentarian
08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Isn't Global Offensive the Japanese/Korean arcade version of CS?

The name sound incredible familiar...

Flyingcow1103
08-11-2011, 09:48 PM
^ CS online?

But this seems legit really excited.

Flyingcow1103
08-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I just read that interview, My heart just jumped a beat[in a good way].

ItsUBERENGIE
08-11-2011, 09:55 PM
CS: GloOp

Cold_Turkey_14
08-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Thank you for posting this! This has got me really excited! I hope they maintain the same velocity/motion speed in the game so I can keep using quick stop methods with my keyboard. ;)

Flyingcow1103
08-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Thar we go
http://eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9967

press release in 24 hours

Just did a victory dance...

<3 valve. <kiss>

EliteTemptation
08-11-2011, 10:04 PM
my mind just exploded

ranked matchmaking?

if the registry is good

and the maps are bright, so you can see in all areas (this is a huge problem for me)

then i will be on this ♥♥♥♥ like no other

ranked matchmaking is exactly what i need, it works so well

Flyingcow1103
08-11-2011, 10:07 PM
DOta 2 and now a competitive based CS game...

Daayyyyumm valve

Igorsky
08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Interesting!

smash
08-11-2011, 10:10 PM
DOta 2 and now a competitive based CS game...

Daayyyyumm valve

CS has always been competitive. :p Remember CAL/CPL? CS was huuoooooogeee back in the day.

But yeah, I hope it sparks back up again!

Reebdoog
08-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Been expecting it for years, and yet, I'm still surprised.

EliteTemptation
08-11-2011, 10:14 PM
CS has always been competitive. :p Remember CAL/CPL? CS was huuoooooogeee back in the day.

Competitive ranked matchmaking will HELP GREATLY

You don't understand how hard it is to find regular games in CSS

With this, this will help bring more players into the competitive community

I hope this really does work, then we'll just need leagues picking it up, and it could be big.

Flyingcow1103
08-11-2011, 10:17 PM

I play league so I know it's competitive. It just never was setup like a competitive game in terms of stats and matchs, you have to rely on third-party clients and mirc to get scrims and (good) stats.

The competitive community is still huge, but I hope this makes it even bigger. Maybe the source and 1.6 kids will finally be one, lul just kiddin can never happen. ;)

Exit_
08-11-2011, 10:18 PM
I LOVE YOU VALVE

Cold_Turkey_14
08-11-2011, 10:18 PM
I LOVE YOU SMASH!!! AHEM! I Mean Valve. :)

smash
08-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I play league so I know it's competitive. It just never was setup like a competitive game in terms of stats and matchs, you have to rely on third-party clients and mirc to get scrims and (good) stats.

The competitive community is still huge, but I hope this makes it even bigger. Maybe the source and 1.6 kids will finally be one, lul just kiddin can never happen. ;)

Very true! Integrating these features into the game itself is a great idea.

freeloader105
08-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Wow, I cannot wait to see some screenshots or gameplay footage.

Also, I love that you can wallspam in CS:GO!! But the bit about 1 shot kills being very hard (impossible?) to pull off if you're not using the deagle - well I hope they fix that.

This is amazing news, though. It's nice to know that they still care about the series that seriously put them on the map with the multiplayer-gaming community (no, HLDM doesn't count). I'll take CS over L4D & TF2 any single day.

Now just tell us that you're working on a DoD sequel and I can die happy.

DirectTarget
08-11-2011, 10:34 PM
It's official, can't wait for the press conference!

l4nd0fc0nfu510n
08-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Oh my god. Exciting!

freeloader105
08-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Is it tomorrow yet?

How about now?

DirectTarget
08-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Is it tomorrow yet?

How about now?

Quick, freeze me until tomorrow please!

freeloader105
08-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Quick, freeze me until tomorrow please!

Where's the nearest bottle of Nyquil/Tylenol PM when you need it? :rolleyes:

ggplayer
08-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Can't wait to shoot hats off some terrorists!

CTRL ALT DEL !
08-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Quick, freeze me until tomorrow please! Is that a request for a time out?

Also... interesting news, after the bums on seats at Valve I am not surprised though, I knew something was in the wind.

l4nd0fc0nfu510n
08-11-2011, 11:08 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/jgehv/iama_guy_who_spend_the_day_at_valves_headquarters/

IAmA on Reddit from a guy who supposedly was playtesting the game all day.

wazups 2x
08-11-2011, 11:12 PM
There better be a server browser, NOT just matchmaking.

oi u agree
08-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Valve better fix hit registration. It was TERRIBLE in CSS.

to42366
08-11-2011, 11:35 PM
I hope there will be support for Gmod with it, and probably some Trouble in Terrorist Town updates. I hope it will be better than CSS.

Mangr0v3
08-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I can't wait for all the hats.

freeloader105
08-12-2011, 12:11 AM
I can't wait for all the hats.

Shhhhhhh.. guys - don't give Valve any ideas :D

Starcinder
08-12-2011, 12:12 AM
You know what this game needs?

Hats

CTRL ALT DEL !
08-12-2011, 12:16 AM
I can't wait for all the hats. THey release a new competitive CS game and at hats to CSS and 1.6..... no?

psihomir2
08-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Interesting... I wonder how this will affect Tactical Intervention (an upcoming game made by the original creator of CS which is also aiming at CS-like gameplay).

HL_Maniac
08-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Counter-Strike? Not particularly interested, but we'll have to see how it turns out.

Since it is a Valve game afterall, I'll probably end up getting it...

Crimson Rising
08-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Going to be the same run(of the mill) and gun game it always has only this time it will only be 5v5. Awesome! Here's to another 11+ years of "Fire in the hole!"

/s

freeloader105
08-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Interesting... I wonder how this will affect Tactical Intervention (an upcoming game made by the original creator of CS which is also aiming at CS-like gameplay).

It won't. TI seems like it will be very casual. Also, it will likely be lacking a lot of polish - making it even less suitable for serious/competitive online play.

Going to be the same run(of the mill) and gun game it always has only this time it will only be 5v5. Awesome! Here's to another 11+ years of "Fire in the hole!"

/s

It's not strictly 5v5, iirc.

velvetmeds
08-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Doesn't mean Crimson isn't mostly right

Zefar
08-12-2011, 01:28 AM
-New Guns added

For 5 YEARS of asking for new guns and the Competitive scene are just happy about it. When in fact almost ALL of them have been complaining to all weapon suggestions ever made because the weapons would unbalance the game.

I know as I've been in almost every weapon suggestion topic for CSS on this forum.

Also new grenades? Well it better change gameplay. Then we can see all the so called "Pro" people complain about having to adapt to new situation. :D

Actually I'd love to see that. I will though give it some hours and try out the new guns and such. Personally I just want a Counter Strike 2 or rather just 3.

Crimson Rising
08-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Doesn't mean Crimson isn't mostly right

Hardcore CS players will buy this and then ♥♥♥♥♥ because it isn't the same as 1.6/CSS. That's exactly what happened when CSS came out. People complained. I don't get it? If you want the new game to be just like the old game then play the old game yea? This way VALVe can focus on HL3 instead of Crap-Strike.

CTRL ALT DEL !
08-12-2011, 01:35 AM
I won't be CSS but it will be interesting to see what the 13373r5 say.

Zefar
08-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Hardcore CS players as in CS 1.6 might give this new version a try. But if it's anything like CSS they will ignore it.

Hardcore CSS players might not play it anymore if the grenades changes the gameplay a bit because it would just be too much for them. They want to have the same old feel but with better hitreg. That's pretty much what I can tell.

Public CSS players will most likely move on to the newer version. As they often embrace new things and like to use it. For instance the DWP(Dynamic weapon pricing) made CSS grew with 5000 users and at that point CSS had it's most player ever. Around 95 000 users at peak. I might have gone higher but I can't remember.
When DWP was stopped supported the numbers dropped again.

Unlike most people I liked that game mode. People actually bought a lot of different weapons and it wasn't just AK vs M4. It had two bugs though. Buying with F1 to F2 made you ignore the real cost. That's why Deagle got up to 21 000. :D Pistol rounds got quite different then.

markcocjin
08-12-2011, 01:40 AM
If Valve are brave enough to dip into the multicultural screams and cries of the DotA crowd, the Counter-Strike community will be a piece of cake.

What I want to know is, will I have to purchase this? Because having three separate products of Counter-Strike (4 if you count Condition Zero) will most definitely fragment the community further.

Also,

If it's not on Origin, no sale for me. All my games are on Origin.

Mr_Zo
08-12-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm not too fussed really. I generally prefer story telling now days over competitiveness.

Hardcore CS players will buy this and then ♥♥♥♥♥ because it isn't the same as 1.6/CSS. That's exactly what happened when CSS came out. People complained. I don't get it? If you want the new game to be just like the old game then play the old game yea? This way VALVe can focus on HL3 instead of Crap-Strike.

Apparently, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kexgh2QYra8) Counterstrike 2 is what people want.

markcocjin
08-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Apparently, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kexgh2QYra8) Counterstrike 2 is what people want.

That's the thing I don't understand. What exactly is a Counter-Strike 2? How will we know we'll like it if we don't know what it's like?

Will it be like Modern Warfare? Battlefield? Halo? Or will it be a bunch of really useful fixes which is what Global Offensive aims to be?

If people argue about wanting Counter-Strike to be on a new graphics engine, then I guess they don't understand what Counter-Strike needs and why it's a great game for people who still play it.

HammerLegionary
08-12-2011, 01:49 AM
:( of all the games, alas maybe I will like it.

Nova Prospekt
08-12-2011, 01:53 AM
This way VALVe can focus on HL3 instead of Crap-Strike.

This is when valve will worry about Half Life 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cByzDM18oNQ&feature=related)

And on topic : A new counterstrike?Sweet!I just hoped it is fully developed and not rushed.

freeloader105
08-12-2011, 01:58 AM

Haters gonna hate. Why are you posting here?

GirlPower23
08-12-2011, 01:59 AM
OMG!!!!!! /faints. <333333 Valve. The fact they are getting Pros in on development sounds like they are taking it serious.

markcocjin
08-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Okay Valve. Now where is my Day of Defeat Love?!

GirlPower23
08-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Sounds like Counterstrike 1.5 to me, basically. Some people are also saying that it's console oriented.

This is a bit bothersome though. I really don't want a Console Version of CS. I'm sure Valve has every intention to release it on the consoles (Which is fine.) I don't really want to play a watered down CS. Matchmaking is another concern.. not sure how that will work w/ Dedicated servers. However definitely interested in the Competitive Mode.

Tannekr
08-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Okay Valve. Now where is my Day of Defeat Love?!

Ths plz.

kthxbai

This is a bit bothersome though. I really don't want a Console Version of CS.

I wouldn't put too much credence into that whole console version thing, personally.

markcocjin
08-12-2011, 02:58 AM
This is a bit bothersome though. I really don't want a Console Version of CS. I'm sure Valve has every intention to release it on the consoles (Which is fine.) I don't really want to play a watered down CS. Matchmaking is another concern.. not sure how that will work w/ Dedicated servers. However definitely interested in the Competitive Mode.

It's impossible to make a console-centric Counter-Strike game and make it appealing to Pro-Gamers. Remember that just like for DOTA 2, they've invited Professional Counter-Strike players to beta test the game.

That in itself tells you that Valve is aiming for tournament quality Counter-Strike.

The bigger question for me is where does Counter-Strike: Source fit in all this. 1.6 is too different code and engine wise. CSS though is all too similar to not merge into Global Offensive in some way.

If Global Offensive merges into CSS then that would solve the whole fragmentation thing at least for one Counter-Strike version.

iBMe
08-12-2011, 03:18 AM
Um great and all but...

Episode 3?

psihomir2
08-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Apparently the new grenades are Molotov cocktails and decoys:

There are molotov grenades which create a fire blanket that slows players are little. It sounds crazy, but it actually played really well, I think, even though the size/dmg might need a bit tweaking. The other new nade is a decoy nade that can play firing sounds, so it can be used to fake that a player is in a position. Not sure how usable it is, but the idea is pretty nice, I think.

cegrogan
08-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Dota 2 and CS:GO.... my faith in valve making games in a timely manner is slowly returning

SARCASM
08-12-2011, 05:43 AM
This is when valve will worry about Half Life 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cByzDM18oNQ&feature=related)

And on topic : A new counterstrike?Sweet!I just hoped it is fully developed and not rushed.

Valve? Rush? Oh that slaps me on the knee. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q78I49JEgag&feature=related)

divine_skills
08-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Can't wait to wallbang the source nubs

Χάρης
08-12-2011, 06:04 AM
wooot

Igorsky
08-12-2011, 06:42 AM
I want them to add AA12 to the game I really want to see that shotgun in action!

I want it bloody like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80j4_hwU6E

GirlPower23
08-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Apparently the new grenades are Molotov cocktails and decoys:

The Decoy grenade could be nasty. A lot of CS is played through sound so this grenade sounds like fun. Not sure about the Molotov.. as long as it doesn't do like 10dmg/sec then it should be fine. :p

psihomir2
08-12-2011, 06:57 AM
The Decoy grenade could be nasty. A lot of CS is played through sound so this grenade sounds like fun. Not sure about the Molotov.. as long as it doesn't do like 10dmg/sec then it should be fine. :p

I suspect that they may not even include an "on fire" mechanic at all... in the end it may be that the fire just damages/slows you as long as you're standing in it and justify it with fire retardant clothes or whatever. It's just that I don't really see setting players on fire being too balanced in CS, but then again I have no idea what else they're planning for the game anyway so I could be wrong :D

GirlPower23
08-12-2011, 07:04 AM
I suspect that they may not even include an "on fire" mechanic at all... in the end it may be that the fire just damages/slows you as long as you're standing in it and justify it with fire retardant clothes or whatever. It's just that I don't really see setting players on fire being too balanced in CS, but then again I have no idea what else they're planning for the game anyway so I could be wrong :D

Well I meant Damage Over Time as you stand in it. If it lights you on fire that might be a bit unrealistic. CS definitely doesn't strive to be real, however, it's "Setting" and "Characters" are more real than say games like TF2.

Blackops
08-12-2011, 07:11 AM
This must be one of the big secrets Gabe talked about late last year.

Kim1337
08-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Playing counter strike 1.6 and source since 2002. I always loved both games, and i always will. Reading now that a new counter strike will come out, makes me explode in millions of pieces. Imma get some money together already just to be sure to be one of the first who buys it :)

Hivomnomnom
08-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Is it bad that I don't care?

bluz74
08-12-2011, 07:13 AM
It's going to be nice to get in on a Valve MP game on the ground level instead of discovering a game 3-4 years after its prime like I did with DoD. :o

GirlPower23
08-12-2011, 07:13 AM
This must be one of the big secrets Gabe talked about late last year.

Wouldn't that be all three? :P MannCo, Dota2, CS:GO?

Blackops
08-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Wouldn't that be all three? :P MannCo, Dota2, CS:GO?

Hmmm maybe you're right?

Also, game confirmed here as well by an actual Valve employee: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24307076

Kim1337
08-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Now we will get a new counter strike, will there be VAC3 ? To be complete honest, im really more interessted in a new VAC instead of anything else. Right now there are just too much hackers in counter strike =/

Flyingcow1103
08-12-2011, 07:35 AM
As for all the new content, I'm iffy but I'll play it first before making judgement.

My idea [for a possible addition to source] was weapon mods. I think it would cool since it would encourage kids to save their guns more. As of now the only gun worth saving in pugs is an awp.

Blinxx
08-12-2011, 07:38 AM
The real question is - will cs_italy have chickens?

bluz74
08-12-2011, 07:40 AM

Only when Modiga plays.

Kim1337
08-12-2011, 07:40 AM

Wow, this actually is a real good question, I'd like to hear that old chickendeath sound again in the new counter strike. Killing the chickens in italy was half fun the game :)

markcocjin
08-12-2011, 07:59 AM

In Global Offense, the chickens have Italy!

Cooperfive
08-12-2011, 09:52 AM

How cool would it be to be to be wearing a ye old baker hat in war?! VERY FANTASTIC

Cooperfive
08-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Console port, anyone?

Χάρης
08-12-2011, 09:59 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/

bluz74
08-12-2011, 10:00 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/

Woot!

Χάρης
08-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Woot!

Indeed!

Flyingcow1103
08-12-2011, 10:02 AM
added to wishlist. beta key <fingers crossed>

EDIT: can't :(

bluz74
08-12-2011, 10:04 AM
No words. Should have sent a poet.

Flyingcow1103
08-12-2011, 10:06 AM
No words. Should have sent a poet.

feeling like a kid again ty valve ty.

Virtual Fear
08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
On consoles.. well no way this game will steal 1.6/competitive players. Please continue on, nothing to look at here. :)

SeanHraefn
08-12-2011, 10:09 AM
On consoles.. well no way this game will steal 1.6/competitive players. Please continue on, nothing to look at here. :)

Yeah, the press release had a lot of stuff in it that makes me think this won't be any good.

Match Making
"Social Features"
Consoles

bluz74
08-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah, the press release had a lot of stuff in it that makes me think this won't be any good.

Match Making
"Social Features"
Consoles

You mean everything L4D has, which is one of the best MP game ever?

UberTrevor
08-12-2011, 10:13 AM
This is going on consoles. . . How will that effect the game?

SeanHraefn
08-12-2011, 10:14 AM
You mean everything L4D has, which is one of the best MP game ever?

Obviously it's just my personal taste, but I never got into L4D much.

I played both, and I like them, but they didn't have enough to hook me.

I also have the problem of getting stuck in games with people who are abysmal.

I'm old school. I just want my server browser and a good filter feature. A lot of times when they add all the new stuff, I lose my server browser and a good filter.

JudgementBullet
08-12-2011, 10:20 AM
EP3 DELAYED AGAIN

Microshocky
08-12-2011, 10:21 AM
5 vs 5 Counter-Strike game?
Well as long as the jailbreak community goes over to this game, it'll be cool. But it's going to be a while before everyone moves over, including me.

I will buy it however.

Flyingcow1103
08-12-2011, 10:22 AM
http://eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9969

Cooperfive
08-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Trailer here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-h3cIPabQs)

EDIT: Oh crap, sorry thats CS Online trailer. Misleading title :(

tsmike
08-12-2011, 10:32 AM

Fake.

That's the old Counter Strike: Online trailer.

The_End254
08-12-2011, 10:32 AM

Not a trailer for GO.

psihomir2
08-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Valve also was experimenting with including fresh Kevlar as the standard player load out at the beginning of each round, removing the need to decide between buying Kevlar with or without a helmet (in fact, like the kit, it was removed from the buy menu all together). This initially seemed really interesting as it could help balance ECO rounds, but upon group discussion it became apparent that if everyone always has full armor, then it in a way becomes obsolete.

They actually needed to see that in action to realize it'll turn out this way? :confused: I don't mean to sound pompous but... seriously? :D

chaplain_wu
08-12-2011, 10:46 AM
judging by the new logo, I'm betting Pepsi is funding it.

Flyingcow1103
08-12-2011, 10:48 AM
have to see this game in action to make judgement, but I'd feel much safer if they didn't remove stuff like Kevlar and kits from the game.

Benji90
08-12-2011, 10:51 AM
I wonder if this will be on a more updated version of Source. I'm hoping for a new engine all together.

recul
08-12-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't care for CS anymore. I'm so tired of these online games trying to become the "new" CS 1.6

oi u agree
08-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Judging from the news post, we can conclude that:

1) Guns and recoil need major fixing
2) Useless crap is being added
3) They're nerfing the money system at the moment

In conclusion, the game needs major fixing.

I don't understand why they don't just port 1.6 over to Source (keep all the gameplay the same), fix hit registration, and call it a day.

Zero_Vector
08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Hit registration is fine on Source as far as I'm concerned. The game has been patched a lot since you last played it in 2005.

freeloader105
08-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Judging from the news post, we can conclude that:

1) Guns and recoil need major fixing

Not a problem - it will happen, seeing how we're at a beta. Valve knows what's at stake here and will not release a broken hitreg/firing system.

2) Useless crap is being added One man's trash is another man's gold.

I just hope they have the old school server browser, that's all. I don't want a cool interface that let's me choose pretty much nothing.

3) They're nerfing the money system at the moment

That's a bit annoying, but not the end of the world. Money management was a part of the game, but this isn't a straight port of 1.6 or CSS, either.

I don't understand why they don't just port 1.6 over to Source (keep all the gameplay the same), fix hit registration, and call it a day.

Not worth the investment, I suppose. A lot of people would say "if i want 1.6 gameplay, I'll stick to 1.6" or "those CSS graphics would lag on my GeForce 2 ZOMG".

l4nd0fc0nfu510n
08-12-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't care for CS anymore. I'm so tired of these online games trying to become the "new" CS 1.6

I wish more games would try to become the new CS 1.6, rather than the new Call of Duty.

bluz74
08-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Wasn't the creators of CS working on a new game? I forgot the name of it. I wonder if they have anything to do with this game.

Flyingcow1103
08-12-2011, 11:34 AM
^'goose' that bro quit valve long ago

freeloader105
08-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Wasn't the creators of CS working on a new game? I forgot the name of it. I wonder if they have anything to do with this game.

"Tactical Intervention" - completely separate. Minh "Gooseman" Le is not employed by or affiliated with Valve, whereas Jess Cliffe is, so maybe he's working CS:GO, though.

Cookiedoh
08-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Not Half-Life 2:Episode Three -> Not interested

Although I probably am rushing it.Will will most likely see parts of code that say "ep3".Oh Valve , you've turned me into a cynic :(

bluz74
08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
"Tactical Intervention" - completely separate. Minh "Gooseman" Le is not employed by or affiliated with Valve, whereas Jess Cliffe is, so maybe he's working CS:GO, though.

That's right. I wonder if this is the same person. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24307192&postcount=3)

freeloader105
08-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Leaked screenshot of CS:GO: http://i.imgur.com/PMAqD.jpg

That's right. I wonder if this is the same person. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24307192&postcount=3)

Methinks yes.

Blinxx
08-12-2011, 12:16 PM

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ

Classy.

Flyingcow1103
08-12-2011, 12:17 PM

^lol, awesome.

joeylawn
08-12-2011, 12:19 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*makes whistles and catcalls like they do at a European Football match*

bluz74
08-12-2011, 12:26 PM

Inb4this........ (http://i.imgur.com/XWW51.jpg)

w00ties
08-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Now I'm really excited for PAX :D

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo 2011.
Source (http://store.steampowered.com/news/6059/)

Zero_Vector
08-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Inb4this........ (http://i.imgur.com/XWW51.jpg)

Or this... (http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2655/ohdearh.jpg)

hairy potty
08-12-2011, 12:48 PM
The CS:GO picture is so modern warefare 2 esque.

w00ties
08-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Or this... (http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2655/ohdearh.jpg)

I know that's a joke, and people might hate me for this, but making money while playing CS sounds...nice :)

jsmucha
08-12-2011, 12:53 PM
I know that's a joke, and people might hate me for this, but making money while playing CS sounds...nice :)

-The only way you'd make money from playing CS is from tournaments.

recul
08-12-2011, 01:13 PM
I wish more games would try to become the new CS 1.6, rather than the new Call of Duty.

But why??? Why? Why would you play anything else but CS 1.6, believing that you are going to play CS? It's been here for so long. It's here! Play it! Better graphics? Please... People are playing Minecraft. I play Minecraft...

PowerfulGiraffe
08-12-2011, 01:22 PM

Only when Modiga plays.hahaha

Flyingcow1103
08-12-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.facebook.com/ESEA.net

ESEA reports: Day 2 at Valve and they made some great changes overnight from our feedback! Players are pretty excited...

:eek: wow, valve is pretty serious. <3

supernaut
08-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Here's a question...

Since this will be a DL game, will it even be full price? Do they sell $60 launch titles on PSN, XBLA?

GirlPower23
08-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Here's a question...

Since this will be a DL game, will it even be full price? Do they sell $60 launch titles on PSN, XBLA?

Very unlikely. I'd assume 19.99 or 29.99 on PC and equivalents on the consoles. I believe CSS Separately from the HL2 pack was 19.99.

wazups 2x
08-12-2011, 07:57 PM
There better be a new and improved SERVER BROWSER and matchmaking as an optional thing. Server browsers are much more important, they help form great communities.

It's one of the main reasons I continue to play because I always play in the same servers with the same people. They are all teamplayers that work together.

With matchmaking you just get thrown into a random game with random people and teamwork is usually very limited. IMO, matchmaking should stay on consoles and not invade PC gaming.

CTRL ALT DEL !
08-12-2011, 08:10 PM
So when is the open beta?

Valve?

GirlPower23
08-12-2011, 08:15 PM
There better be a new and improved SERVER BROWSER and matchmaking as an optional thing. Server browsers are much more important, they help form great communities.

It's one of the main reasons I continue to play because I always play in the same servers with the same people. They are all teamplayers that work together.

With matchmaking you just get thrown into a random game with random people and teamwork is usually very limited. IMO, matchmaking should stay on consoles and not invade PC gaming.

They said there would be dedicated servers.. so I wouldn't be to concerned about Matchmaking. Even games like L4D(2) have a server browser.

Lazychip
08-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Rumors:

•Planned to be released Q1 2012
•Focuses on 5v5 competition
•Press release within 24 hours from VALVe - Confirmed
•Plays on an updated source engine
•Individual & Team rankings
•New Guns added
•New Grenades
•Dust & Aztec major revamp
•Spamming still viable
•Ammo is free

GirlPower23
08-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Rumors:

•Planned to be released Q1 2012
•Focuses on 5v5 competition
•Press release within 24 hours from VALVe - Confirmed
•Plays on an updated source engine
•Individual & Team rankings
•New Guns added
•New Grenades
•Dust & Aztec major revamp
•Spamming still viable
•Ammo is free

Not sure how most of that are rumours. Considering most of that was confirmed on the ESEA News website. ;)

eriktherandom
08-12-2011, 09:42 PM

Well. That seals the deal for me. I'm not playing it.

This whole "hats" thing is insanely ridiculous. "Let a few pixels represent how awesome someone is."

Crab
08-12-2011, 11:13 PM
As long as those with l33t 4b3r 5k1ll5 can change their lerp and all that crap, they should be happy. :p

CS people sure can get elite sometimes, can't they? Part of the reason I never got into CS:S; the community didn't strike me as terribly friendly, especially to noobs like me. (the bots also demonstrate the repetitiveness of most strategies, but that's another issue :P)

Valve does seem to be increasing its efforts to appeal to those new to the game, even long after the title's been released. The more people they can get in the game, the healthier the community/game will be in the long term. Good for them. Of course, the CS people will never stop complaining about it. ;)

Oh, and you're all forgetting the most important game mode that needs to be in this game; payload (I kid, I kid)

GirlPower23
08-12-2011, 11:28 PM

This whole "hats" thing is insanely ridiculous. "Let a few pixels represent how awesome someone is."

Where is there a mention of Hats or Microtransactions.. a little PRe-mature yea?

eriktherandom
08-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Where is there a mention of Hats or Microtransactions.. a little PRe-mature yea?

I'm pre-warning. It will happen. Microtransactions are Valve's cash cow now.

Unfortunately the quality of the game suffers because it becomes more about hats and whatnot than good gameplay.

Whiplashr
08-13-2011, 12:05 AM

The hatred of hats is idiotic.

When the idea of more and more games going to monthly payments, or some kind of micro transactions were first introduced as ideas, many players rebelled against the idea. Understandably so.

Valve took the route of having their extra/pay content be completely trivial crap that has no bearing on the actual game play. Nothing that you must buy to be competitive.

I mean, they couldn't have done it in any better way, without having NO microtransactions whatsoever. It's a minimal and reasonable as any micro transaction system could be. It's just trivial crap that means nothing.

And yet still people have to whine about it. Why? It makes no sense. It bothers you that someone else has some hat you don't? Who gives a crap? It doesn't help him in any way. You are just falling victim to the entire mentality you are complaining about. You care about the hats.

If you didn't care about the hats, you wouldn't care one bit that they were sold. You'd completely ignore them, and just enjoy yourself.

GirlPower23
08-13-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm pre-warning. It will happen. Microtransactions are Valve's cash cow now.

Unfortunately the quality of the game suffers because it becomes more about hats and whatnot than good gameplay.

There has yet to be a mention of Microtransactions. Lets also not forget they want it to be part of E-Sports like older CS Games. They aren't going to fill it with Hats and Microtransactions. That would eliminate any possibility of it being part of E-Sports.

I don't think it is. Overall I feel hats bring down the integrity of the game. In a game like CS I'd be very sad to see them. Silly Hats do not belong in a serious atmosphere. Games like POrtal 2 and TF2 are a bit on the silly side so it's fine. But when you start bringing them into games that are more "Real" (Us that loosely here) it just becomes stupid.

Mr_Zo
08-13-2011, 03:31 AM
I don't think it is. Overall I feel hats bring down the integrity of the game. In a game like CS I'd be very sad to see them. Silly Hats do not belong in a serious atmosphere. Games like POrtal 2 and TF2 are a bit on the silly side so it's fine. But when you start bringing them into games that are more "Real" (Us that loosely here) it just becomes stupid.

If they do put hats/Microtransactions into CS:GO, chances are, they would make them fit better into the game's context.

Mangr0v3
08-13-2011, 04:15 AM
I don't think CS:GO will have hats. DOTA 2 already has some microtransaction data flying around, but there's nothing for CS:GO yet.

Updated engine isn't a rumor, Valve in-between-the-lines confirmed a CS:S update running on the Portal 2 engine a couple of months ago.

Snorkel
08-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Am I the only person who keeps thinking of Global Defense Initiative?

Seth.Sekhmet
08-13-2011, 05:54 AM
All I can say is that I'll buy the PC version, regardless of hats, micro-transactions or anything else.

We are still talking about COUNTER STRIKE, aren't we ?!

eriktherandom
08-13-2011, 06:42 AM

When the idea of more and more games going to monthly payments, or some kind of micro transactions were first introduced as ideas, many players rebelled against the idea. Understandably so.

Valve took the route of having their extra/pay content be completely trivial crap that has no bearing on the actual game play. Nothing that you must buy to be competitive.

I mean, they couldn't have done it in any better way, without having NO microtransactions whatsoever. It's a minimal and reasonable as any micro transaction system could be. It's just trivial crap that means nothing.

And yet still people have to whine about it. Why? It makes no sense. It bothers you that someone else has some hat you don't? Who gives a crap? It doesn't help him in any way. You are just falling victim to the entire mentality you are complaining about. You care about the hats.

If you didn't care about the hats, you wouldn't care one bit that they were sold. You'd completely ignore them, and just enjoy yourself.

Because the entire focal point of discussion revolves around what hats you've got, and what items you got. No matter how pointless, it's all people talk about. Go on TF2, I can promise you nearly every server you go on has a mentioning of hats or other pointless items.

Why would I be "jealous" over hats? I'm not, I'm annoyed. This kind of crap always attracts the most annoying people. Kiddies with their moms credit cards are constantly going on about how they've got all these hats, etc. etc. It's gotten to the point where people pre-order games JUST to get the hats. It's ridiculous.

stillmatic07
08-13-2011, 07:00 AM
It wouldn't bother me if TF2's hats at least went with the art-style.

w00ties
08-13-2011, 08:37 AM

In other words, you're going to let a few pixels stop you from playing an entire game. You seem like an incredibly stubborn person if you're going to let a few cosmetic items detract from a game that you haven't even played yet.

Imagine someone saying: "Oh, the maps in this game are going to have Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night hung up?! I'm not playing it!" You're not being forced to purchase anything, the items (if they're even added) won't impact game statistics or gameplay - what's the big deal?

Furthermore, it's not about displaying how awesome someone is, it's about customization - a feature many people enjoy in multiplayer games.

Valve do constantly update their game and provide incredible support to their community. Although that support requires funding, which may be provided by people other than you to keep the game running smoothly. Despite what a lot of people say, they're not just churning out hats. Valve provide significant updates and I'm willing to bet they'll take all the criticism from the community into consideration in order to make it a better game over time.

They're certainly not the type of company that releases sequels every year in order to make a profit. They choose to support the game you paid for with free updates. The least they can ask for is a bit of funding through cosmetic items that impact absolutely nothing. I don't understand this seemingly blind hatred for hats. It's as if you're just mad that Valve is making some money.

So what if people are paying their money to customize their character? The money goes to support your game while you pay nothing.

Just to touch on GirlPowers concern though, we do not know they're going to be silly hats. The cosmetic items sold through microtransactions could be extra and realsitic models of different tactical units from around the world or even new armor plates or something of the sort.

TF2 and Portal are silly looking games, which warrant silly items. Doesn't mean CS:GO will be a similar case though. Surely they'll add a more realistic flavor.

Flyingcow1103
08-13-2011, 09:04 AM
There has yet to be a mention of Microtransactions. Lets also not forget they want it to be part of E-Sports like older CS Games. They aren't going to fill it with Hats and Microtransactions. That would eliminate any possibility of it being part of E-Sports.

^HoN

also about it being on console, I really don't mind. I don't expect it to take off on console since CZ never did, but there is nothing wrong with sharing the joy. :p

eriktherandom
08-13-2011, 09:09 AM
In other words, you're going to let a few pixels stop you from playing an entire game. You seem like an incredibly stubborn person if you're going to let a few cosmetic items detract from a game that you haven't even played yet.

Imagine someone saying: "Oh, the maps in this game are going to have Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night hung up?! I'm not play it!" You're not being forced to purchase anything, the items (if they're even added) won't impact game statistics or gameplay - what's the big deal?

Furthermore, it's not about displaying how awesome someone is, it's about customization - a feature many people enjoy in multiplayer games.

Valve do constantly update their game and provide incredible support to their community. Although that support requires funding, which may be provided by people other than you to keep the game running smoothly. Despite what a lot of people say, they're not just churning out hats. Valve provide significant updates and I'm willing to bet they'll take all the criticism from the community into consideration in order to make it a better game over time.

They're certainly not the type of company that releases sequels every year in order to make a profit. They choose to support the game you paid for with free updates. The least they can ask for is a bit of funding through cosmetic items that impact absolutely nothing. I don't understand this seemingly blind hatred for hats. It's as if you're just mad that Valve is making some money.

So what if people are paying their money to customize their character? The money goes to support your game while you pay nothing.

Just to touch on GirlPowers concern though, we do not know they're going to be silly hats. The cosmetic items sold through microtransactions could be extra and realsitic models of different tactical units from around the world or even new armor plates or something of the sort.

TF2 and Portal are silly looking games, which warrant silly items. Doesn't mean CS:GO will be a similar case though. Surely they'll add a more realistic flavor.

You seem to be forgetting about the 30% of each game sold, which racks up pretty quickly.

I'm simply saying that any kind of customizable content that can be bought with real money becomes a status symbol and really gives people arrogance over a game. It sounds silly, but it's true. People think they're better when they buy premium accounts, items, etc. Again, no, it's not jealousy, I have money, I could buy these things if I wanted, I just think the whole game becomes more about customization and looses sight of its fundamentals.

Flyingcow1103
08-13-2011, 09:14 AM
^ don't worry brah, good counter-strike players don't look at the hats you wear but how skilled you are.

eriktherandom
08-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Maybe I just don't like what TF2 has become, I'm very skeptical of any multiplayer game Valve releases due to that. They took something decent, added 600 classes, hats, crafting, etc. And now it's so detailed you feel like you have to play for 3 days straight just to get everything in order.

I'm about simplistic things.

g859
08-13-2011, 12:01 PM
^ don't worry brah, good counter-strike players don't look at the hats you wear but how skilled you are.

It's obviously how low your digits are. :p

Endosymbiont
08-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Why 5 vs 5?. Sounds to me like this game is aiming mostly consoles.

Flyingcow1103
08-13-2011, 12:07 PM
It's obviously how low your digits are. :p

I'll sell you my 3 dig for a million dollars! :p ;)

Crab
08-13-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm about simplistic things.

That's kinda funny. I think TF2 is simple because there's not 50 guns that all have minimal changes and whose strengths/weaknesses aren't all that explained. It's just +25% damage, or "has bleed effect." Not as much "it fires 2% faster but otherwise acts just the same as this other gun, it just kills in a slightly different way." Also the classes kind of filter out the guns into categories even further than just primary-secondary. I'd rather worry about 9 classes with distinct play styles than which of 50 similar guns I'm going to pick (which is why I'm not so fond of Brink). I'll admit, the classes can get a bit complicated, but at least they're distinct from each other. The different guns are well explained and there's not really a clear upgrade in a lot of cases, unlike most shooters.

To be honest, CounterStrike still kind of confuses me. "Uh, well, this gun's more expensive and looks better... uh.... these SMGs all seem the same.... oh look, a sniper rifle! *dead*" Although TF2's more supportive of trial and error than CS:S.

Oh, and I just wanted to say I haven't heard a lot of discussion of hats in-game, especially since they removed the "X received: Y" text from the game. It's definitely not as bad as people (here) make it out to be. Sure, you'll get people who want to trade for the new weapons and stuff, but you (or at least I) don't run into a lot of them. Usually it's just one person per game, especially since if there's more than one, they're probably trading each other anyway.

PowerfulGiraffe
08-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Why 5 vs 5?. Sounds to me like this game is aiming mostly consoles.more competitive. most competitive matches in CS are 5v5 in the first place always have been.

g859
08-13-2011, 03:04 PM

That's the standard team count for competitive matches for pretty much every league ever. Just re-iterating what @above said.

Draim
08-13-2011, 03:06 PM

To add to what my fellow forumites have already answered, on console the standard is 4 vs 4.

cerdos
08-13-2011, 03:18 PM
WOWW!!! this game will zuck bad!

GG valave

Draim
08-13-2011, 03:28 PM
WOWW!!! this game will zuck bad!

GG valave

(Althoughitdoesnotlooklikeitthisisafacepalmemotebe causetherewasnone)

OmegaXtreme420
08-13-2011, 03:41 PM

OH MAH GAWD now i can stop playing hat fortress 2 finally

CTRL ALT DEL !
08-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I am unimpressed that the store page doesn't even have a single screenshot to drool over.

g859
08-13-2011, 04:04 PM
I am unimpressed that the store page doesn't even have a single screenshot to drool over.

Hopefully we'll get some when PAX rolls around.

vashts1985
08-13-2011, 04:26 PM
is it me or is this CS: the second reboot?

ive not seen anything that says its a new game, infact, they were saying its not supposed to be cs2

PowerfulGiraffe
08-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Weren't we supposed to get some more information today?

jsmucha
08-14-2011, 09:39 AM
-Bump.. anyone find new news? DADING I DID! But I am going to make you guys search for it you bums!

supernaut
08-14-2011, 10:57 AM
-Bump.. anyone find new news? DADING I DID! But I am going to make you guys search for it you bums!

:rolleyes:

10:rolleyes:s

DarkLite123
08-14-2011, 10:59 AM
:rolleyes:

10:rolleyes:s

You can get away with just one :rolleyes:, the character limit's actually 5 :p

Flyingcow1103
08-14-2011, 11:13 AM
http://eseanews.com/css/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9982

^^
Not only is valve making a new CS title, but apparently there is talk of a major CSS update to fix a lot of things about the game! They've already hired a guy that developed Zblock to 'to work from home on implementing the full version into the game itself. This means that servers will no longer need to have it installed and the plugin will be able to be used from direct console commands.' Get the full list of discussed changes in the link, there is a lot!

Any CS fan should be loving valve right now.

supernaut
08-14-2011, 11:19 AM
But, but...Day of Defeat. :(

freeloader105
08-14-2011, 11:24 AM

We can dream, can't we?

Flyingcow1103
08-14-2011, 11:27 AM
original article
http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/154829/

GirlPower23
08-14-2011, 11:29 AM
http://eseanews.com/css/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9982

^^
Not only is valve making a new CS title, but apparently there is talk of a major CSS update to fix a lot of things about the game! They've already hired a guy that developed Zblock to 'to work from home on implementing the full version into the game itself. This means that servers will no longer need to have it installed and the plugin will be able to be used from direct console commands.' Get the full list of discussed changes in the link, there is a lot!

Any CS fan should be loving valve right now.

original article
http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/154829/

Wow, that is awesome news. Valve is really pulling out all stops with the Counter Strike franchise. Love that zblock is going to be added directly into the game. Bringing back 100tick as well? Yes!~

trojanrabbit.gg
08-14-2011, 11:46 AM

NO! :mad:

After this VALVE has to announce HLE3. :(

awes0meaxel
08-14-2011, 11:48 AM
NO! :mad:

After this VALVE has to announce HLE3. :(

No, after this valve has to do meet the pyro update. then HL3 :p

trojanrabbit.gg
08-14-2011, 11:54 AM
No, after this valve has to do meet the pyro update. then HL3 :p

Fans took care of that (http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dww-jfygVEE0&rct=j&sa=X&ei=KRlITp39F-3UiALRwNibBg&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQuAIwAA&q=meet+the+pyro&usg=AFQjCNETsGMBduBsnrmIcnW0_2rCAbJY-g)... Now, about E.3...

awes0meaxel
08-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Fans took care of that (http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dww-jfygVEE0&rct=j&sa=X&ei=KRlITp39F-3UiALRwNibBg&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQuAIwAA&q=meet+the+pyro&usg=AFQjCNETsGMBduBsnrmIcnW0_2rCAbJY-g)... Now, about E.3...

nooooooo.... a valve meet the pyro. :P

g859
08-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow, that is awesome news. Valve is really pulling out all stops with the Counter Strike franchise. Love that zblock is going to be added directly into the game. Bringing back 100tick as well? Yes!~

100-tick makes me happy. Especially when I need to bhop :cool:

Flyingcow1103
08-14-2011, 06:12 PM
http://eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9985

^ video interview with the pro-gamers.

wazups 2x
08-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't see why they had to bring it down to 5v5. My only guess is because they are bringing it to consoles. I want at least 8v8.

Disodium
08-14-2011, 08:14 PM
I doubt the player count has anything to do with consoles..
Game ports can be optimised, a broadband connection is common so, it is more then likely a balance issue.. its easier to balance a game with less players.. or prehaps they just feel less people = more teamwork to stay alive..

regardless..
yaaaayyyyyy another CS..... :rolleyes:

slipperywhenwet
08-14-2011, 08:39 PM
yaaaayyyyyy another CS..... :rolleyes:

Yes, because clearly they've milked the franchise to extinction. I mean ANOTHER CS game after only, what? 7 years?

/sarcasm

Endosymbiont
08-14-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't see why they had to bring it down to 5v5. My only guess is because they are bringing it to consoles. I want at least 8v8.

According to some for competitiveness but I doubt its got to do anything with it. I'm more inclined to think it is just to bring it to consoles as it seems to have become the aim of Valve's marketing Target. Just look at Portal 2...

GirlPower23
08-14-2011, 09:54 PM
According to some for competitiveness but I doubt its got to do anything with it. I'm more inclined to think it is just to bring it to consoles as it seems to have become the aim of Valve's marketing Target. Just look at Portal 2...

It's already been explained, every serious league ever has been 5v5, even some as low as 3v3 (Thats not exactly "Serious") but there are some leagues that allowed teams that small. The game has more emphasis on competitive play than previous installments. Thus it's only logical to stick with the formula that has been used since forever. But yea it's totally because of consoles. :rolleyes: Dota 2 must be 5v5 as well because of the console! OMG! It's a conspiracy.

Endosymbiont
08-14-2011, 10:08 PM
It's already been explained, every serious league ever has been 5v5, even some as low as 3v3 (Thats not exactly "Serious") but there are some leagues that allowed teams that small. The game has more emphasis on competitive play than previous installments. Thus it's only logical to stick with the formula that has been used since forever. But yea it's totally because of consoles. :rolleyes: Dota 2 must be 5v5 as well because of the console! OMG! It's a conspiracy.

The game will come and then we shall see....

Oh and, yeah, nice comparison that one of an RTS to an FPS. :rolleyes:

GirlPower23
08-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Oh really?. Are you sure?. Yep, I thought so. It's ok.

Sure about what? Dota is not a RTS Game. You clearly know very little of the genre.

Endosymbiont
08-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Sure about what? Dota is not a RTS Game. You clearly know very little of the genre.

According to Wikipedia it is. In any case, it is supposed to be like starcraft or similar.

My point is simple, imagine a map like de-dust with points A and B. Do you really think that 5 vs 5 is competitive? So 3 on A and 2 on B or viceversa?. At least 8 vs 8 makes more sense in terms of being competitive on that map as many others of CSS. Unless maps are lot smaller and there is only one control point.

kirbeh
08-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Oh boy I can't wait to play another game where I have to wait until everyone dies before I can respawn.

GirlPower23
08-14-2011, 10:43 PM
My point is simple, imagine a map like de-dust with points A and B. Do you really think that 5 vs 5 is competitive? So 3 on A and 2 on B or viceversa?. At least 8 vs 8 makes more sense in terms of being competitive on that map as many others of CSS. Unless maps are lot smaller and there is only one control point.

5v5 makes perfect sense. The point isn't to cover every point perfect but create a strategy that covers key points. Such as covering Cat, Long A, Mid or B. Something like 1Cat, 1 Mid, 1 Long A, 2 B. That's just something off the top of my head, there are plenty of great strategies for Dust 2. The point is to figure out your Enemies strat. Watch for rushes, jukes and so forth. Even 1 watching long A can spot an entire team coming that way and call for some to rotate to A. It's not about digging into every point. 5v5 works perfect for CS.. it has since forever.

Flyingcow1103
08-14-2011, 11:02 PM
According to Wikipedia it is. In any case, it is supposed to be like starcraft or similar.

It's been played 5v5 for over a decade now and to re-assure yes that is the most competitive team size for cs. ;)

GirlPower23
08-14-2011, 11:29 PM

Dota is nothing like Starcraft.

http://www.playdota.com/forums/505540/moba-action-rts/

You might find this thread interesting. There is no definitive term for Dota games. However calling it an RTS is extremely misleading.

Draim
08-17-2011, 05:48 AM
Have any of these extremely annoying people who keep saying 5 vs 5 is aimed at consoles ever played CS competitively? Ever?

The_End254
08-17-2011, 05:51 AM
Oh boy I can't wait to play another game where I have to wait until everyone dies before I can respawn.

You do know you can play deathmatch right?

jsmucha
08-17-2011, 05:51 AM
Have any of these extremely annoying people who keep saying 5 vs 5 is aimed at consoles ever played CS competitively? Ever?

-Or..CS in general? Haha.

Draim
08-17-2011, 05:56 AM
-Or..CS in general? Haha.

Or any console game competitively, since that's usually 4 vs 4.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

GirlPower23
08-17-2011, 05:56 AM

No, no they haven't. They are either one of those people who play on 32person servers or never played it.

bluz74
08-17-2011, 05:59 AM
I've only played CS on 32 player servers and I dislike it. I'm looking forward to the 5 vs 5. You may actually have to work as a team instead of "every man for himself" bullcrap.

Undead
08-17-2011, 08:29 AM
I've only played CS on 32 player servers and I dislike it. I'm looking forward to the 5 vs 5. You may actually have to work as a team instead of "every man for himself" bullcrap.

I favor the developer community. I don't exactly see 5v5 a good zombiemod setup. :(