View Full Version : No PlayOnline Registration Code From STEAM.
08-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I spent some time with two online Square Enix customer service reps yesterday, and the consensus is that STEAM hasn't given me the PlayOnline Registration Code necessary to complete the login to FFXI.
They were quite clear on this point.
STEAM, I've submitted a ticket...no answer yet.
I see that others are having the same or similar issues.
08-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Check your email they should of emailed it to you when you registered your code and got your square enix account.
it should be called :
[Square Enix Account] PlayOnline Registration Completed
It took me a bit of digging in my email to find it.:rolleyes:
(Yes I am aware this is a little late for this guy but it will help others in a similar situation.)
09-04-2011, 02:03 PM
I didn't get the e-mail, it looks like its asking me to transfer my playonline ID to my square enix ID. When I go to services in my square enix account and try to open a play online ID, it asks me for a registration code, and neither of the codes given to me via CD KEY in steam for the game. Any help would be appreciated please!
11-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Wow What a ♥♥♥♥king Joke! I didn't even Download My FFXI Ultimate Edition Through Steam. I Downloaded it straight From The Square Site With my Bank Card And They didn't give me no Mother♥♥♥♥king Registration Code. All i see on google is People Who Have Codes that Don't Work even for a Hard Copy of the Game, Or The Steam version, Which also Has Codes That Don't Even ♥♥♥♥king Work. But That's Not What My Problem is. My Problem is THAT I WASN'T EVEN GIVEN NO ♥♥♥♥KING CODE.
11-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Wow What a ♥♥♥♥ king Joke! I didn't even Download My FFXI Ultimate Edition Through Steam. I Downloaded it straight From The Square Site With my Bank Card And They didn't give me no Motherphu ck ing Registration Code. All i see on google is People Who Have Codes that Don't Work even for a Hard Copy of the Game, Or The Steam version, Which also Has Codes That Don't Even ♥♥♥♥ king Work. But That's Not What My Problem is. My Problem is THAT I WASN'T EVEN GIVEN NO PHU C KING CODE.
03-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Has there been any updates to this? I bought it last night and still cannot play because i don't have PlayOnline Registration Code for the game.
How long does it take to get the game key?
03-27-2012, 11:05 PM
I got my keys for the game and the destrier beret, but didn't get a playonline registration key and its needed to make an account... any help? am i overlooking where the key is?
03-28-2012, 12:50 AM
I finally got everything to work except for the destrier beret. I'm just happy to get this far. I will provide a step by step guide tomorrow morning as right now I'm just too tired to bother to write something detailed up. I'm sorry for being a jerk and an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. But here's a quick summary on what you have to do.
1. Create a Square-Enix account (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account) and follow its directions.
2. Login to the Square-Enix Account Management.
3. After you login, click on "Select Service" on the navigation bar and click on the "Playonline / Final Fantasy XI" link.
3. You'll be redirected to a page that will give you two options to enter your key. Click on the "Add new Playonline Service Account" link and enter your CD key.
3.a Through the process, if it tells you that the key you inputted is for a different region than your account region, I have some bad news for you but Steam gave you the wrong key.
3.b To get the actual key that you need, go to Steam and click on the library tab.
3.c Right click on the "Final Fantasy XI..." to bring up a menu; on this menu, click on properties to bring up a dialogue box,
3.d In this dialogue box you click on the "Local Files" tab.
3.e In this tab, click on the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache."
3.f When its finished verifying, it should change your keys to the appropriate ones for your region. I had to verify twice in order to see my new keys.
4. After you registered the key to your Square-Enix account, you'll now have to register for a Content ID. To do this, you'll have to repeat step 3 to get to the "Services and Options" page. On this page, click on the "Options List" button under the "Active Service Accounts" header (this shouldn't be too hard to miss).
5. On the top of the new page, look for the "Character" table and click on the "Add new options" button.
6. Read the fine print (if you want). Click on the next button to continue on.
7. Add how many characters you'll want. I suggest just one for now. Click on the next button and finish up the business end.
8. Run "Final Fantasy XI..." and login to Playonline. This is a pretty straightforward step.
8.a If you don't know your Playonline ID or Playonline password, you can review it again in an email that Square-Enix sent you. It will be titled "[Square Enix Account] PlayOnline Registration Completed" so go check your email for it.
9. When you first login, you'll be asked to create a Playonline Handle. Do so now.
10. When you finally get to the Playonline menu, click on the Navigator link on the navigation bar, it should be above "Final Fantasy XI".
11. On the dialogue box, click on the "Handle List" link.
12. Click on your handle and another navigation bar should pop up on the right.
13. Click on the "Link" link.
14. Link your Final Fantasy XI to your handle.
15. Go and try to play the game. You're all set now except for the fact that you'll have to wait for five hours to update FFXI. God damn patches man!
16. After it's done patching up. You're free to play the game. Enjoy.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.