PDA

View Full Version : I Wish I Didn't Own This Game, So that I Could But It All Over Again!

Xientie
08-13-2011, 05:14 PM
I wish I didn't own this game, so that I Could buy it all over again!

I was surprised that such a great game like this went on sale for such a low price, but that's Steam for you, it might be a harsh DRM but you can't deny the fact that they sell their games at dirt cheap prices whenever they have a sale on.

My friend, who plays that God awful piece of crap called Call of Duty, bought it in the sales and he loved it. This really is a great game and more than worth giving it a try. It's very similiar to the old Dungeon Keepers franchise, though Dungeons has filled in several of the holes and thankfully improved the gameing mechanics making for a better gaming experiance.

The only issue is the improved Graphics. Graphics look awesome, but like every game with good graphics there is always bugs and errors, neither me or my friend had bother, but I'm sure other people will encounter them.

Though Dungeons at least has a fantastic Support Team, which is good since a lot of gaming companies don't care about the gamer once they have made the final payment. So a pleasant suprise and I actually got a pretty fast reply when I sent an Email to the Developers thanking them for this great game. So Service + Speed makes for a great Support Team.

Enjoy this game everyone, because it's a (Dungeon) Keeper.

AeneasXI
08-13-2011, 10:47 PM
this seriously smells like a troll ^^

This game is NOT like dungeon keeper...
It is its own thing. everybody who expects dungeon keeper will be very disappointed infact ^^

Xientie
08-13-2011, 11:03 PM
this seriously smells like a troll ^^

Really? He posts "Troll" and you think he only smells "like" a troll. That or you're being sarcastic, in which case sorry dude.

Anyways I reported him, so hopefully his comment will be removed soon.

This game is NOT like dungeon keeper...
It is its own thing. everybody who expects dungeon keeper will be very disappointed infact ^^

I never said it was Dungeon Keeper, just similiar in many ways to it. It's a little like a Spiritual Successor of Dungeon Keeper, only instead of being worse than it's predecessor, it's actually better.

And I'm sorry that you had such a bad time playing Dungeon Keeper, personally I thought it was pretty good game, not a great game mind you, but certainly a good one.

If you hate Dungeon Keeper, chances are you will hate Dungeons too, but still the game is still on sale right now, and I do recommend buying it. Who knows? Dungeon Keeper was released years ago, maybe you like these sort of games now and don't relise it?

In either case, Dungeons is a game that will keep the causual gamer entertained for weeks on end.

AeneasXI
08-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Troll.

Really? He posts "Troll" and you think he only smells "like" a troll. That or you're being sarcastic, in which case sorry dude.

Anyways I reported him, so hopefully his comment will be removed soon.

I never said it was Dungeon Keeper, just similiar in many ways to it. It's a little like a Spiritual Successor of Dungeon Keeper, only instead of being worse than it's predecessor, it's actually better.

And I'm sorry that you had such a bad time playing Dungeon Keeper, personally I thought it was pretty good game, not a great game mind you, but certainly a good one.

If you hate Dungeon Keeper, chances are you will hate Dungeons too, but still the game is still on sale right now, and I do recommend buying it. Who knows? Dungeon Keeper was released years ago, maybe you like these sort of games now and don't relise it?

In either case, Dungeons is a game that will keep the causual gamer entertained for weeks on end.

You are purposely missreading my statement.
Where did I say I disliked DK?

Also it is not similar to DK in alot of ways. You DID advertise it as it would be a DK clone which it issn't. Your post is missleading and thus I have to say you are trolling since you are.

The game is NOT SIMILAR to dungeon keeper and you try everything to get the reader to think about good old dungeon keeper.

Dungeon keeper was great but this is NOTHING like dungeon keeper. It is very different in many ways! Even the goals in the game are completely different than DK. (here you have to please heroes and make them happy in order to capture them later and steal their soul energy. In dungeon keeper you gotta eliminate bases of humans in sp or destroy enemy dungeon keepers in multiplayer. HUUGE difference)

And it surely is NOT the spiritual successor of dungeon keeper! That is an insult to both games in my opinion.

Good for you that you like the game, but stop saying it is something it issn't!
I still think Zesper is right with calling you a troll...

Xientie
08-13-2011, 11:48 PM
You are purposely missreading my statement.
Where did I say I disliked DK?

Also it is not similar to DK in alot of ways. You DID advertise it as it would be a DK clone which it issn't. Your post is missleading and thus I have to say you are trolling since you are.

The game might be good for its own sake but it is NOT SIMILAR to dungeon keeper and you try everything to get the reader to think about good old dungeon keeper.

Dungeon keeper was great but this is NOTHING like dungeon keeper. It is very different in many ways! Even the goals in the game are completely different than DK. (here you have to please heroes and make them happy in order to capture them later and steal their soul energy. In dungeon keeper you gotta eliminate bases of humans in sp or destroy enemy dungeon keepers in multiplayer. HUUGE difference)

And it surely is NOT the spiritual successor of dungeon keeper! That is an insult to both games in my opinion.

Glad that you like the game, but stop saying it is something it issn't!

If I had to say anyone was trolling here it would certainly be you.

And how are the games not similiar? Both feature Dungeon Lords who must build their dungeons through the use of minions, while having access to numerous monsters and traps. This to me makes them very similiar indeed.

Sure, the way each game goes about making their Dungeon Lord the top dog is a little different but, the end goal is ultimately the same. The last Dungeon Lord standing at the end of it all, wins.

I did not advertise this as a Dungeon Keeper clone.
Dungeons is like Dungeon Keeper, and they are similiar.

The only "HUUGE" difference is the lack of a multiplayer, but game does state up front that it is single player only.

This is a failing point, as Dungeons, while a good single player, could be an even better Multiplayer game.

---

Judging by your use of capitial letters and the way you are attaking / insulting me, I'm guess you are what I've been told is a fan-boy (?) of the Dungeon Keeper franchise. If this is indeed the case, then please don't let your personal reasons be the source of your ill feelings towards my review and remember that I am merely posting my opinion and that what I say isn't cannon and shouldn't be concieved as an attack against your game.

I still think Zesper is right with calling you a troll...

I don't get it? Unless he sent you a personal Email he never called me troll. His post said troll, which means he is trolling me. It's similiar to and most likely a lazy version of "insert troll post here".

In either case I would rather not have anything to do with a Fan-boy or a troll, you guys have bad reputations.

AeneasXI
08-14-2011, 12:16 AM
If I had to say anyone was trolling here it would certainly be you.

And how are the games not similiar? Both feature Dungeon Lords who must build their dungeons through the use of minions, while having access to numerous monsters and traps. This to me makes them very similiar indeed.

Sure, the way each game goes about making their Dungeon Lord the top dog is a little different but, the end goal is ultimately the same. The last Dungeon Lord standing at the end of it all, wins.

I did not advertise this as a Dungeon Keeper clone.
Dungeons is like Dungeon Keeper, and they are similiar.

The only "HUUGE" difference is the lack of a multiplayer, but game does state up front that it is single player only.

This is a failing point, as Dungeons, while a good single player, could be an even better Multiplayer game.

---

Judging by your use of capitial letters and the way you are attaking / insulting me, I'm guess you are what I've been told is a fan-boy (?) of the Dungeon Keeper franchise. If this is indeed the case, then please don't let your personal reasons be the source of your ill feelings towards my review and remember that I am merely posting my opinion and that what I say isn't cannon and shouldn't be concieved as an attack against your game.

I don't get it? Unless he sent you a personal Email he never called me troll. His post said troll, which means he is trolling me. It's similiar to and most likely a lazy version of "insert troll post here".

In either case I would rather not have anything to do with a Fan-boy or a troll, you guys have bad reputations.

You are saying it is like dungeon keeper. -> You are saying it is a DK clone/sequal. Fact

You are saying the only difference lies in Dungeons not having mp but yet you say both games have the same goals and that is beeing the TOP dungeon lord. -> wrong. In DK you only battle against humans in the SP and never against other dungeon lords. Thus the goal issn't to be the greatest dungeon lord, but to defeat the Heroes in the game.
In dungoens your goal is to build prestigious dungeons with as many prestige objects as possible and making your heroes as happy as it gets to ultimately be the top dungeon lord in the end.

again. NOT similar
DK is a basebuilding and resource handling game where you have creatures with their own minds so to say. Dungeons is a dungeon-themepark game like Roller coaster tycoon i.e. where you try to lure as many rich customers to spend as much money as possible in your theme park.

You please the heroes needs (some want to get hurt by monsters, some just wanna find treasure, some wanna kill stuff) and when their happy-ometer is filled you are supposed to kill them and put them in prison to drain their "soul-energy"

Infact the only building in Dungeons that you can actually build IS the prison. The rest is just room to put "prestige objects" all over the place.

I could go on here where Dungeons and DK are different but I think you get my point...

I don't like that you are missleading poor dungeon-keeper fans into buying this game and that is why I think you are a troll!