PDA

View Full Version : CS:GO It's A Console Game (Sadface)

last night
08-13-2011, 09:05 PM
CS:GO isn't a replacement for CSS. It is going to be mainly aimed at the console market (Xbox and PS3) as a download (like bf1943 etc)

They have promised to continue support for CSS throughout the development of GO and we have nothing to worry about. Gabe is coming by today and will have more of a detailed discussion then.

Source: http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/154757/

a member form PHP Clan Said :
Use Google to translate it
http://www.playzone.cz/clanky/novy-counter-strike-na-ceste

Marek ".PhP" Kadek is one of the players in seattle. This is what he wrote on Playzone.cz :
- this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus"
- at the moment, the game looks more like HL2DM
- There is no recoil and there will never be. (because of the consoles)
- the game runs on L4D2 engine
- SourceTV is NOT a priority
- they are working on match making system
- new money system
- no kevlar (this should be fixed in the future)
- maps are simplyfied for XBOX style, less ways, most fights are close range
- Hidden Path (Valve only finances the game) is trying to make all weapons balanced

Co-founder ESEA Said:
I can go on for hours with in-depth analysis and more details, but it is important to remember that our first hands on experience with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is pre-beta. I have my fair share of concerns about how what apparently seems to be a console game built on the Source engine will port over to the PC. Is this a "half game" that serves a greater strategic purpose for the development of the Steam platform? By their own words, CS GO is a new game not meant to replace 1.6 or Source. Is this simply a political statement to help fend off unrealistic expectations?

Source: http://www.eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9969

Bastian Product Manager ESL Pro Series, manage the ESL Pro Series Germany tweeted saying :

there was a few things like that (mean console ). But nothing that made it bad for the pc players. Their goal seems to bee to
and why he said :
to get the console players in on the action before they'll eventually gonna do CS2 but that's just me guessing.

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/bastianveiser/status/102431022053986306

The php Player Explain To Us What Exactly Did He Say About His Experience

Hello. I am the player called .PhP. I feel I need to clear out few things:

First of all, that is terrible translation. At first it was translated from Slovak to Czech, and now I see it being from Czech to English :-)
This info was published on our first day of testing, after long discussion and hours of coding, it was rebalanced and changed to MUCH better.

It doesn't have to be CONSOLE game. What I ment is that the game is developed for consoles with PC in mind. They aren't trying to make it feel right only for console players.

It feels pretty much like good old Counter Strike we are used to! And other things, such as economic system, kelvar, and a lot of other things will change. The game is not even in BETA yet!

So before you jump into any conclusions, keep this in mind.

Cocacola123
08-13-2011, 09:10 PM
I hope these are all rumors. I really do. I hope there is an open beta.

shamoke
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Valve finally wants to get some succe$$ in the console market.

Marcem7121
08-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Google translate came up with this:
" albeit unintentionally, is playing at the moment rather resembles HL2DM, just a couple of guns and grenades (which are great) also,

completely abolished recoil - foiled intention adjustments should be corrected,

game is based on L4D2 engine is Tickrate 33 - used only for the base will be changed, "

I was hoping looking at the Google translation for the first post would help, it didn't at all. I don't know what to say about the recoil thing, and what is going on with the hl2dm line?

SoulDestroy
08-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Welp, we'll have to see how this pans out before we jump to any conclusions, right guys?
Right guys?

theriv
08-14-2011, 08:45 AM
not even a screen shot before all these stupid mindless console threads.

#1 wait until its official
#2 Why would the pros THAT PLAY PC be giving feedback if its console focused? don't you think that's a little off track?
#3 IF and i mean a big IF it is consolized. Then oh ♥♥♥♥ing well. let the console kiddies have a cs. Like its been stated we will still have 1.6 ans source.

OleanderX
08-14-2011, 09:05 AM
I have the XIM3 for my 360. It allows me to play popular games on Xbox with a mouse and keyboard. Playing Halo or Call of Duty with it is like taking candy from a baby. I am just happy Counter Strike is coming to console. It was on Xbox 1 but the servers were taken down a year ago or so.

laazrockit
08-14-2011, 09:24 AM
This guy just sounds like another frothing f-anboy exaggerating things heavily.

I'll make up my mind when we see gameplay.

not even a screen shot before all these stupid mindless console threads.

#1 wait until its official
#2 Why would the pros THAT PLAY PC be giving feedback if its console focused? don't you think that's a little off track?
#3 IF and i mean a big IF it is consolized. Then oh ♥♥♥♥ing well. let the console kiddies have a cs. Like its been stated we will still have 1.6 ans source.
Agreed.

theriv
08-14-2011, 10:07 AM
This guy just sounds like another frothing f-anboy exaggerating things heavily.

I'll make up my mind when we see gameplay.

Agreed.

Thank you and you are correct. there is no use deciphering the state of the game before its even a game.

Also it just wouldn't make since for the pros to give feedback toward the game if they are just going to focus on console. Theres no way the console players can do some of the things pros can do on pc at the speed of the pros.

i can't emphasize this enough.

OleanderX
08-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Thank you and you are correct. there is no use deciphering the state of the game before its even a game.

Also it just wouldn't make since for the pros to give feedback toward the game if they are just going to focus on console. Theres no way the console players can do some of the things pros can do on pc at the speed of the pros.

i can't emphasize this enough.

Xim3 for Xbox 360 is the best device for console to play with a mouse and keyboard. It has zero lag. Playing with the mouse and keyboard on Xbox is like taking candy from a baby.

Sinna
08-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Nobody has to be sad because they port the Game on Consoles. You have to think on the Console Players too and some of them are really happy to get a real esports experience on their Console in the Times of boring Shooters like Modern Warefare and so on. Some of them waited Years for such a announcement and I did also even if I have a decent PC.

You know there were a big Petition over Years in the Net for bringing CS Source on the Xbox 360 and now since we know a new CS finally comes for the Consoles everybody is happy.

Valve are not dumb and I think they plan big things with CS-GO and they also know that the real pro Scene exists on the PC so they will develop a great PC Version for sure.

arisaka
08-14-2011, 02:27 PM
CS 1.6 was on the original Xbox.

Sinna
08-14-2011, 02:30 PM
CS 1.6 was on the original Xbox.

No it was a Condition Zero Port. ;)

arisaka
08-14-2011, 02:35 PM
No it was a Condition Zero Port. ;)

CSCZ is pretty much CS 1.6 with updated graphics.

Mclovin300
08-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Portal 2 was a console game. I loved portal 2.

LinkinMcOwnage
08-14-2011, 07:33 PM
The game has only been announced and we have seen nothing of gameplay, either screenshots or videos. Only words.

Fail thread, one star.

CDZ1104
08-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Way to take the ESEA guy's quote way out of context. If you read the whole article he seems very positive, and never talks about there being a lack of recoil or kevlar, or really any of the things you said.

Besides, whats so bad about cs being on consoles anyway? If cs is better than all of the fps games on consoles, and fps games are becoming really popular on consoles then why not?

iskoptrixx
08-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Maybe its a console game, and so what? Is this end of the world? "oh my gosh, valve makes another console game... this is the end for PC-games!"... Maybe valve will make money, this is all business. Stop complaining like 70s hippies, we are in 2011. Some people play console games and others PC. This is a choose, an opinion. Stop hating consoles because your PC is a monster. I enjoy leaning back on my sofa and play FIFA on PS3 with friends and family, I also enjoy playing intense CSS on my computer. We're all good folks.

CTRL ALT DEL !
08-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Most Valve games are on consoles as well as PC, Valve is not a PC exclusive developer and never have been.

Saying it is a console port is wrong it is designed from the ground up for PC and Console.

Now if the PC version required a controller and had autoaim then you could whine and I would support you.

last night
08-15-2011, 08:27 AM
now i'm happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3B1fUQj3RA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eppVzI1uz4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

HayzeMT
08-15-2011, 09:58 AM
CSCZ is pretty much CS 1.6 with updated graphics.

ahaha right

ufdm
08-15-2011, 03:14 PM
- There is no recoil and there will never be. (because of the consoles)

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

goldrunout
08-15-2011, 03:25 PM
What both Torbull and PHP said is related to "day one" version of the game, which is not only older but also probably ported by console version. It's very likely that developers firs tweak some features like HUD for consoles, than for PC, this doesn't mean that the final PC version will use the same HUD. and it's not true that there is no recoil, just watch the esl tv special and you'll discover that there is a lot of recoil, but tapping doesn't work yet

dłnedain
08-15-2011, 03:54 PM
hey guys, watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWn1PThevc&feature=youtu.be
They said it after just a couple of minutes. Portal 2 engine

Sounds like maps are a lot simplified. Anyway no more ammo buying on CSS, no more Kevlar buying on GO. Will CSS2 have class-based system ? "sarcastic"

Only one bomb site on Train, Nuke butchered ... :confused:

LinkinMcOwnage
08-16-2011, 01:52 AM
You can still buy ammo in CS:S, if there is buytime left, you go back to your spawn point, open the menu, and autobuy. Change to your weapon that was out of ammo and you'll have ammo again

dłnedain
08-16-2011, 02:57 AM
Maybe but that's not ammo buying that's a bug.

Makes me angry to see that HP brought back ammo buying on CSS beta but, even though that was only an option for those who wishes it, CSS players complained so much they removed it once again. :mad:

LinkinMcOwnage
08-16-2011, 06:28 AM
I should have stated that you'll get max ammo and the gun will need to be reloaded. Doesn't seem like a bug.

CBRNE
08-16-2011, 06:30 AM
BECAUSE WE SURE KNOW ALL THIS INFO YEAH IT MUST BE A CONSOLE GAME

KadekMarek
08-16-2011, 10:43 AM

First of all, that is terrible translation. At first it was translated from Slovak to Czech, and now I see it being from Czech to English :-)
This info was published on our first day of testing, after long discussion and hours of coding, it was rebalanced and changed to MUCH better.

It doesn't have to be CONSOLE game. What I ment is that the game is developed for consoles with PC in mind. They aren't trying to make it feel right only for console players.

It feels pretty much like good old Counter Strike we are used to! And other things, such as economic system, kelvar, and a lot of other things will change. The game is not even in BETA yet!

last night
08-16-2011, 12:15 PM

Ah! Thank you so much for your clarification, edit to the subject, welcome to steam forum

Sinna
08-16-2011, 12:40 PM

Yeah PHP I saw your Video Interview. Great that you cleared things up and thanks.