PDA

View Full Version : Lost all progress?!?!?!

bobsbarricades
08-14-2011, 09:02 AM
So I use bootcamp and had almost all the pictures/endings.

I played once for about an hour and a half. haven't played in a couple days. go back into bootcamp...none of my progress was saved... this sucks.

I mean...it's not really a game where it matters THAT much just. Would've been nice to see it all filled in.

BaSeBallDuDeR
08-15-2011, 01:55 PM
I know how you feel buddy, this same thing happen to me while I was creating my walkthroughs of the game. It sucks but, the whole game plus all the photos now takes me 10 mins to get it all. I created a complete game if you have trouble finding the photos of each level. Dont give up, its a good game, and doesnt take long to beat

bobsbarricades
08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
yea I finished it. I remembered the endings I *did* do so just worked on those. It wasn't bad, just a...surprise.

I was a little let down by the ending. Was expecting some insight; it felt way too open ended (end shot was clumsy too...)

TBird
08-19-2011, 02:04 AM
I just did a test. I started the game: All progress was still there. I closed the game, opened and closed Firefox: The progress in the game was gone.

Now, I am no Flash/Action Script expert, but since it is a Flash based game, I assume (would be nice if the dev could weigh in here) that the progress in the game is stored in some sort of Flash-cookie. I have "BetterPrivacy" for Firefox installed which removes LSO cookies from my computer automatically each time the browser is closed. The newest Firefox versions can even do that without any additional addons IIRC.

So in order to keep your progress, I suggest trying to disable any automatic privacy deletion options/addons in your browser and see if that works for you.

bobsbarricades
08-19-2011, 02:16 AM
I just did a test. I started the game: All progress was still there. I closed the game, opened and closed Firefox: The progress in the game was gone.

Now, I am no Flash/Action Script expert, but since it is a Flash based game, I assume (would be nice if the dev could weigh in here) that the progress in the game is stored in some sort of Flash-cookie. I have "BetterPrivacy" for Firefox installed which removes LSO cookies from my computer automatically each time the browser is closed. The newest Firefox versions can even do that without any additional addons IIRC.

So in order to keep your progress, I suggest trying to disable any automatic privacy deletion options/addons in your browser and see if that works for you.

i will remember that the next time I play it or show it to a friend. But I'm confused because I played it through Steam - does it use my browser? or WebKit? How could I do that through steam?

TBird
08-19-2011, 04:11 AM
i will remember that the next time I play it or show it to a friend. But I'm confused because I played it through Steam - does it use my browser? or WebKit? How could I do that through steam?

I believe (again I am no expert) the game is actually a standalone Flash application. Flash is not restricted to browsers, you can export any interactive flash presentation so it will run under windows.
And on the game's website it's actually possible to play through all of the game in a browser, it's just that the loading times are awful.

You can check that by right clicking once in the main menu, I get the flash player context menu.

Mikau
08-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know where the save file (or flash cookie, w/e) is stored? I'd like to back it up, as I run CCleaner now and then.

TBird
08-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Ok, I tried a few things and was able to backup my game progress, delete it and restore it. :)

I believe the file you are looking for is named "trauma.sol".
Simply do a search on your system drive and it should show up.
Then just copy it to some other location and if your progress is lost, copy it back to where it originally came from.

If you are still having trouble finding it, it should be located under the following path (general saving path for sols):

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Profile]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[Random Name]\[Web Site Path]

Windows Vista/7:
C:\Users\[Your Profile]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[Random Name]\[Web Site Path]

The [Web site path] is different depending if you play the website version or the local version, it will probably be "localhost" for your harddrive version.

(try at your own risk, I am only saying it worked for me on my system)

MithranArkanere
10-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Flash says hello.

It ways so while it smiles like trollface.

drstabbingworth
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM
I emailed the dev directly some time back and this was his response:

I'm really sorry to hear that you lost your progress. I can't really tell what happened from here. But since the game is Flash-based, I had some reports about certain agressive adblockers interfering with the saves of the game. If you are a savvy computer user, you can try to backup the game's Local Shared Object (aka. Flash Cookie). Here is some information
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Shared_Object

Otherwise, I recommend temporarily disabling any adblockers you have and finishing the game in as few setting as possible. It's not a long game so it totally doable.

drstabbingworth
04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Ok, I tried a few things and was able to backup my game progress, delete it and restore it. :)

I believe the file you are looking for is named "trauma.sol".
Simply do a search on your system drive and it should show up.
Then just copy it to some other location and if your progress is lost, copy it back to where it originally came from.

If you are still having trouble finding it, it should be located under the following path (general saving path for sols):

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Profile]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[Random Name]\[Web Site Path]

Windows Vista/7:
C:\Users\[Your Profile]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[Random Name]\[Web Site Path]

The [Web site path] is different depending if you play the website version or the local version, it will probably be "localhost" for your harddrive version.

(try at your own risk, I am only saying it worked for me on my system)

Worked like a charm. Thanks