PDA

View Full Version : Needz help to deside :3 why buy this game?

Schade!
08-14-2011, 01:22 PM
:confused:
Confuzzled
Is it good?
Or did people just buy it for the TF2 items?

cake>pie
08-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Why don't you try the demo and decide for yourself if it's your kind of game? It's probably true that some people got the game partly for the TF2 items, but that seems only a fraction of players -- if the achievement statistics (http://steamcommunity.com/stats/SpaceChem/achievements/) are anything to go by, <15% of players completed all 3 Moustachium levels.

Mortlach
08-16-2011, 03:13 AM
If you have any interest in puzzle games, SpaceChem is very, very, very good. Nail bitingly difficult some times, but very rewarding.

Then again, I showed it to a couple of people and most of them went "this is way to complicated for me", those people probably wouldn't enjoy it very much.

So yes, it is very good for the right audience.

karlcsr7
08-16-2011, 11:19 AM
This game will keep you busy for a long time.

Some games are pleasure, pleasure, pain, pleasure, pleasure.

This game is pain, pain, pleasure, pain, pain, pleasure.:)

Very challenging. One episode or problem can take an entire evening. And looking at the next challenge is like, okay, I will save that for tomorrow.

But I am definitely enjoying it. It's quite fun.

Oh. I got this game because I saw it mentioned as "more difficult than Atom Zombie Smasher." I have really enjoyed that game too. (I have a guide for it at www.cncguides.com)

Blueeyedrat
08-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I've tried the demo for this game, and I'm already hooked. It's really complex, but it's just so damn satisfying when you create a working system.

However, I'm forcing myself to hold off on buying this, until it (or another game on my wishlist) goes on sale-- I only have $24.01 in my Steam Wallet, and I want to get as much out of it as possible. The wait is killing me! >_<

Mortlach
08-18-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm playing in my spare time at home and during lunch at the office. For some reason though, the profiles aren't linked, so my 'office game' is a bit behind. I'm trying to recreate a certain level at the office (exploding head syndrome) that I managed to do at home but I can't remember how I did it.

Oh, and does anybody else have their best idea's right after turning off the pc? Try, Fail... try, fail... try, fail... ah, bugger, turn off PC... "Hey, this might work!" :D

Andy_K
08-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Yep... happens to me all the time!

Does anyone else sketch out solutions on paper before attempting something? For any factory assignment I find myself jotting down all the inputs, calculating what ratios of each I can expect to get, what factories and intermediate chemicals I'm going to produce, and finally building it to see if it works.

Or maybe that's just me :D

Mortlach
08-18-2011, 10:24 AM

Does anyone else sketch out solutions on paper before attempting something? For any factory assignment I find myself jotting down all the inputs, calculating what ratios of each I can expect to get, what factories and intermediate chemicals I'm going to produce, and finally building it to see if it works.

Yeah, I started doing that too and it really helps. Well, not that extensive, I still do most of that by heart, but I will sketch out zoomed in views of certain area's of the reactor (mostly the bonding and fusing bits)

CtrlAltDestroy
08-18-2011, 03:48 PM

I made heavy use of a whiteboard in my room to solve Exploding Head Syndrome. (Interestingly, it's also the first time that I learned to use the Pause command in conjunction with switches, to seriously help with boss fights!)

Mortlach
08-19-2011, 07:32 AM
I made heavy use of a whiteboard in my room to solve Exploding Head Syndrome. (Interestingly, it's also the first time that I learned to use the Pause command in conjunction with switches, to seriously help with boss fights!)

I did see a solution that seemed not to use switches, but I couldn't recreate it.

I just made two plutonium first and then set the circuit to make the rocket fuel. Once the plutonium is done, I can set the circuit to fast and let it run its course.

karlcsr7
08-21-2011, 05:53 PM

Starting with the 5th planet or so, I hardly do a thing before I start sketching things out and have a reasonable idea where I am going. If I don't stay organized, things go haywire bigtime.

Mortlach
08-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Starting with the 5th planet or so, I hardly do a thing before I start sketching things out and have a reasonable idea where I am going. If I don't stay organized, things go haywire bigtime.

At this point, I don't care how I get it to work, as long as it works :-)

Zaliqai
08-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Is it good?

It's the best design based puzzle game I ever played. I'd say you at the very least need to like puzzle games, but if you do you may very well love this. It's a real brain-breaker though! :eek:

nomelette
08-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Oh, and does anybody else have their best idea's right after turning off the pc? Try, Fail... try, fail... try, fail... ah, bugger, turn off PC... "Hey, this might work!" :D
All the time. :D