iARDAs
08-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Well

I played the game on PS3 and was fun.

I am sure the PC version is good too.

Spykirby
08-15-2011, 10:13 AM
it's alright...
but it makes you depressed after see how incredible hard it is to get any medals at all.

TheVentilator
08-15-2011, 10:14 AM
I own this on PS3 and its fun...

....but the sales isnt fun anymore. For the 3 last weeks, i owned the daily deal on either Steam, 360 or PS3.

Sheen_ES
08-15-2011, 10:15 AM
I don't know your experience in PS3 but the PC version sucks. Even if the game was for free it would be expensive.

malek1013
08-15-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't know your experience in PS3 but the PC version sucks. Even if the game was for free it would be expensive.

Because of...?

Quick
08-15-2011, 10:37 AM
You should see this first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKT0Azi59JY

seeing his review Totalbiscuit changed my mind not to buy it.

cl4ym4n
08-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Don't.
Just don't.

It' horrible, clunky, way too hard and no fun at all.
If you really want a zombie massacre, wait for Nation Red or Zombie Driver to go on sale.

Spykirby
08-15-2011, 10:50 AM

I got none of the issue's he's been talking about in the video...

first the game runs at fine framerate at me without any lagging or w/e. I do see the crosshair just fine in my game. And weapons don't magically disappear. I guessed he missed the big ammo bar being displayed in the same corner as pretty much any other shooter.

And yea. It's way to hard. What other games would consider a platinum medal for a level here only appears as silver or even only bronze.

CyberSoniX
08-15-2011, 11:08 AM
No coop on PC, I guess I will skip this deal.

Niban
08-15-2011, 11:24 AM
I probably won't get it. It looks tempting, but I definitely would want coop. It would be nice if there was an updated review to the PC version of this game, if they have indeed patched it since it was released. Otherwise I may consider getting it for the PS3.

AltairITA
08-15-2011, 11:35 AM
No coop on PC, I guess I will skip this deal.

with him

El Skunka
08-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Just as title says...no more, no less. Just complete suckyness :p

AlbertTatlock
08-15-2011, 11:42 AM

Thanks for this fella.

I also will not be purchasing - it looks dreadful.

Doled
08-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I actually bought the retail PC version.

Do not buy this, it is undoubtedly the most terribly unoptimized and badly ported game I have ever played, hell, Saints Row 2's port/optimization actually looks pretty good compared to this foul excuse.

Sheen_ES
08-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Because of...?

The control system mostly. It's horrendous. And, in my subjetive opinion, the game is a little stupid as well. But sucks because is a really bad port, with stupid devs decisions, and things like that.

The video of Total Biscuit is a great example what I felt when I played this game the first time (and last).

TcoNL
08-15-2011, 12:33 PM
A twin stick shooter is meant to be played with a controller. Just use a Xbox 360 controller.

elixenie
08-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Don't.
Just don't.

It' horrible, clunky, way too hard and no fun at all.
If you really want a zombie massacre, wait for Nation Red or Zombie Driver to go on sale.

Zombie Driver is a lot of fun. The missions are big, the control is nice, the whole thing is pretty slick. And the zombies aren't cute.

This cute zombie thing has to stop. It was funny once, but now it's just a blazing elephant in the room that makes me want to go and live in the woods before everyone's psych meds run out.

TcoNL
08-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Though Zombie Driver isn't worth full price.

Mokkat
08-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Got this in an indie pack at christmas.

Played it for 20 minutes, left, never came back. Pretty damn boring game, it is much better suited for lounging in the couch with a controller after a hard day of work

AlbertTatlock
08-15-2011, 01:59 PM

Played it for 20 minutes, left, never came back. Pretty damn boring game, it is much better suited for lounging in the couch with a controller after a hard day of work

Personaly I wouldn't want to pay a dime to for a game which is only worth playing lounging on my couch after a hard days work that was only worth 20 minutes of my time, which I also had read, was damn boring. I'd rather sauté my testicles in garlic...

Total Biscuits' review did put me off this sad game but after seeing one of his other trilogy of Youtube reviews of Zombie games did actually turn me on to Nation Red which I have just purchased, instead.

That guy is just the best.

AsciiAficionado
08-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Stay away, seriously, this game is so bad I'd pay the developers to never attempt to make a game ever again.

TcoNL
08-15-2011, 02:01 PM
I own the game on the PS3. Certainly like it quite a bit, bought during a sale.

Barser
08-15-2011, 02:18 PM

Same boat here though I manage to get 40 min out of it. The game could have been pretty fun with just a little bit of effort (and coop) but they messed up.

Rusty Dakota
08-15-2011, 03:22 PM
It is terrible.

If you want to shoot zombies from a top down perspective, get Nation Red. It's what this game wanted to be.
And it's always getting updated.

Saranis
08-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Nation Red is amazing, this game is terrible, DO NOT BUY!

Fangoram
08-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Honestly I would avoid it.. I bought the game when it first came out and my god it was awful. The game has gotten 1 major bug fix patch and control revamp since release on steam and that's it... They stopped supporting the game.

I recommend saving your money and or getting it on the psn since it plays better on the ps3 and has multiplayer *which I might add was promised to pc and never came*

Sheen_ES
08-15-2011, 04:31 PM
A twin stick shooter is meant to be played with a controller. Just use a Xbox 360 controller.

There are many games with a great system control if you want to use a keyboard and mouse (Alien Breed series for example) and a great system control if you want to use a X360 controller. I'm with you, with this kind of games I always use a controller. But the point is not that, the point is this game is an authentic crap from beginning to the end. Bugs, bad porting and a really really stupid and bored game. Seriously, is very difficult to find something good in this piece of crap.

I cannot understand why there are so many good games out of steam and this one is at the store. Like Emberwind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hZeTKaHsC8) for example, and many others of course.

chaos_theory17
08-15-2011, 04:36 PM
this game looks awful, definitely not worth it

Kamakazie
08-15-2011, 05:05 PM
I've got this one on PS3 and I think it's awesome. Sucks to hear the PC version doesn't hold up. :\

thewookie
08-15-2011, 05:19 PM

Totalbiscuit is a selfish tool. I wouldn't listen to him even if I agreed with him. He destoryed one of the greatest websites in podcasting for no reason.

freibooter
08-15-2011, 06:14 PM
But this isn't a twin stick shooter!
It looks like one and everything screams "twin stick shooter" but it doesn't use the second stick for aiming!

That's pretty much the biggest and all fun crushing flaw of this game ... the only way to actually aim at the Zombies with your controller is to walk right towards them.
This may be one of the dumbest design decisions in gaming history.

The game has serious technical flaws, absolutely insane hardware requirements and even if the controls weren't utterly messed up (with mouse and keyboard and 360 controller) it still wouldn't be a remotely good game ... but the controls are what ruin just about everything.

Go get Nation Red, the Shadowgrounds Series, Alien Breed or Zombie Driver ... but this game isn't worth it at any price, it looks great in a trailer and screenshot, but it's absolutely terrible otherwise.

ghostkiller
08-15-2011, 06:59 PM
It seens that u guys could atleast install it. I still can't. Servers r too busy...

freibooter
08-15-2011, 07:02 PM
It seens that u guys could atleast install it. I still can't. Servers r too busy...
Restart Steam and/or change your download region ... not that this game is worth the hassle, though.

Thundergod
08-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Not worth it at all. This daily deal is a rip-off, the price they have listed as the "deal" should be the normal price(And it still wouldn't be worth it). Get Nation Red instead. People on here are annoyingly kind towards garbage indie titles so when everyone is saying that this game isn't worth it... trust us, it's really not! Don't support crap like this this by buying it, I bought it but in my defense I got it in one of those 5 pack bundles during a steam sale.

ghostkiller
08-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Restart Steam and/or change your download region ... not that this game is worth the hassle, though.

Tried both, no deal =(
Gonna keep trying change regions, maybe there is a hidden island somewhere over the globe that will allows me to download it.

emoniel
08-15-2011, 11:47 PM
For £2.33 it's not terrible but as others have stated, the lack of dual analogue control was a profoundly stupid decision, the game is also pretty damn challenging.

Lack of multi player was also another massively lost opportunity. Would have been so freaking easy to make this game so much greater.

Hopefully the devs will gaze upon this forum and these threads and do the good thing ;)

It runs okay on my laptop, 3X AMD Phenom II P820, ATI Mobility RADEON HD 5650 , 4gb ram, win 7 x64 @ 1366 X 768 on highest settings. Granted it may stutter on the intro screens, but the rest is nice n' smooth.

Quick
08-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Totalbiscuit is a selfish tool. I wouldn't listen to him even if I agreed with him. He destoryed one of the greatest websites in podcasting for no reason.

I'm sorry but i don't know his bad things that he has done before.

I rarely watch his videos if i'm unsure about game that is on sale.

Like it was with Dungeons with Dredmor, saw his review and decided to buy it and yes that game is pretty awesome. :)

dstar2
08-16-2011, 12:31 AM
It's not worth it in my opinion.
I got it with the Indie Fright Pack last December and couldn't play it for more than 15 minutes before uninstalling it, it's that bad.

T@F
08-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Wow glad i saw this thread.
I was just about to buy it.

I guess NO DEAL i cannot stand crappy ports,even worst when the devs gives up on them.

ghostkiller
08-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Tried both, no deal =(
Gonna keep trying change regions, maybe there is a hidden island somewhere over the globe that will allows me to download it.

Solved:

I deleted the following folders and files:

C:\Program Files\Steam\appcache
C:\Program Files\Steam\config
C:\Program Files\Steam\dumps
AppUpdateStats.blob
ClientRegistry.blob

And removed Steam from compatibility mode (I was running as Vista, even though I use Seven... Had to do it long time ago for solving a problem, and now I don't need it anymore).

Deleting only the .blob files wouldn't solve the problem, since I've tried that before everything else...

TmDevice
08-16-2011, 03:09 AM

That TotalBiscuit guy is silly. He Starts throwing a tantrum over the lack of a crosshair like it is the end of the world.

freibooter
08-16-2011, 04:16 AM
That TotalBiscuit guy is silly. He Starts throwing a tantrum over the lack of a crosshair like it is the end of the world.
Well, this game is utterly terrible and most points of his review are very valid.

Crosshair or not, with or without, aiming is completely off with just about every input method.
Hardware requirements are insane and on most gaming hardware it will be laggy as hell.

The game is absolutely crazy hard for all the wrong reasons, look at the achievement stats:
There are only six arcade levels, all can be unlocked by getting a "simple" bronze medal (the smallest medal there is) on the previous one ... only 0.3% of all Steam players managed to advance to level six!

However, TotalBiscuit claims that "this game also has a dual-stick option" - which it does not. I would have liked to see his tantrum once he figured out that even the seemingly preferred and native input method is so terrible, that mouse+keyboard may actually be the better choice - even without crosshair.

TotalBiscuit didn't even maker it that far ... this game is actually worse than TotalBiscuit's hands-on will make you believe - as hard to imagine as it is.

Spykirby
08-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Well, this game is utterly terrible and most points of his review are very valid.

the only things I heard was whining about a crosshair *that I guess got patched*, performance and a gun magically disappearing.

--There's a crosshair in the game now
---I'm not sure how it runs at other people, but I have no problems, even with a screen full of zombie's
--and the gun didn't magically disappear. He ran out of ammo. I guess he didn't see the big ammo bar displayed in the bottom left corner (as most FPS games).

So no :| none of the points are valid. Atleast not for me

Kamakazie
08-16-2011, 07:02 AM
To all you complaining about the lack of a dual stick option - The PS3 version is weird as well in that you can't use the right stick to aim freely, however you still have the L1 and L2 buttons to lock-on and strafe respectively. Also, when holding either button, you CAN use the right stick to tweak your aim while still pointing in the general direction of your target. It's kinda funky at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

I also see a lot of complaints about not being able to get medals in this game. I don't know if this is because of the PC port being terrible, but to get medals you need to start setting zombies on fire and then shooting other zombies. Your point multiplier is tied directly to the number of zombies on fire at any given time, so you will want to constantly try and keep as many zombies burning as possible in order to maximize point gain.

MisterAngry
08-16-2011, 09:18 AM
If you want a game styled such as this GET NATION RED.

I'm serious. I got that game on sale for 5 dollars. If anything it's worth the full 15 (Or 10, now, I think it used to be 15). Dev support for that game alone is crazy. They took that game from this abysmal start with awkward controls to a really solid shooter...

jvepri
08-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Well, I think BZB is fun enough.
You pay 8 bucks for a 3d movie and its last around 2 hours.
I payed 3 bucks and played for more than 2 hours...

So, i don't regret

Bruno_Morais
09-08-2011, 11:11 AM

That guy is funny xD

zuvembi
10-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, this a really crappy port. My vote: Avoid.

gamer_x
10-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I have a lot of games here on Steam and have like a usually complacent attitude and its very hard to me to really dislike a game. But this game managed that. It reminds me of Nation Red before some patches, meaning that the game is insanely hard, just a crowd of zombies that surround you really fast. There is just not time for any strategy. You just run away and shoot trying to avoid other zombies until you finally die.

I play with keyboard and mouse which is what PC users usually do. I should not have to buy a gamepad to play a game properly, if someone is thinking about this reasoning. Im also not saying that the game gets better with a gamepad.

On regards to Nation Red, the game was patched so now there are other game modes, not so fast paced and in which you can accumulate perks and build some kind of basic strategy. But unfortunately this didn't happen on this game.

TotalBuscuit is right on his review, even if now the game has crosshairs, it doesn't matter, its still is too hard and fast, even for a mindless zombie shooter game. Get Nation Red, Zombie shooter, alien shooter, or Zombie driver instead. Zombie Bowl-o-Rama is a nice unpretencious fun bowl game with a demo, single and multiplayer. All here on Steam.

Also check this (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26093683&postcount=6)

MasterOfTheTide
10-31-2011, 05:04 PM

Thanks. Saved 3 bucks. :)

ElfShotTheFood
10-31-2011, 10:19 PM
I would have liked it more if you could fire your weapons with the gamepad's analog stick instead of pressing a button. A game with this many enemies onscreen needs a better way to get a lot of shots off quickly.

Unlike other people, the game ran okay for me. The gameplay just didn't really click in the end, though.