PDA

View Full Version : Super Hint to Help You Out on Binding

karlcsr7
08-15-2011, 11:13 PM
I played a number of these missions twice on two separate computers and went nuts on some of these. Then I looked on Youtube and discovered...drumroll...

You do not have to have the bind/unbind command on the actual binders.

In other words, you can drop two atoms on the binders using the drop command, then afterwards go over one, two or three separate bind commands ANYWHERE ON THE MAP to add a single/double/triple bond to them.

I used to think the bind command had to be on the "binder" and it would drive me nuts manipulating everything.

Mortlach
08-16-2011, 04:10 AM
Good tip, it works for the other commands later on as well.

Another pro tip: Output molecules don't have to be the 'right' shape.

...H
OO
H.

Will be accepted also as

HH
OO

or

H
OOH

or HOOH

as long as the number of bonds between atoms is correct.

MysticTheurge
09-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Here is another absolutely CRAZY tip:

You can make a waldo line that is not a loop. The waldo will go and stuck on the last cell. The command that will be in the last cell will be executed continuously every cycle. IT's very useful for binding and fusing.

iteration2
09-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Here is another absolutely CRAZY tip:

You can make a waldo line that is not a loop. The waldo will go and stuck on the last cell. The command that will be in the last cell will be executed continuously every cycle. IT's very useful for binding and fusing.

Similarly, that last cell that it gets stuck in can also be a sensor switch, so that the waldo will stick there until the correct atom passes over a sensor and redirects the waldo. I've occasionally found that useful.

PieceOfMind
09-22-2011, 06:40 AM
Similarly, that last cell that it gets stuck in can also be a sensor switch, so that the waldo will stick there until the correct atom passes over a sensor and redirects the waldo. I've occasionally found that useful.

That would be useful. Thanks for sharing it.