PDA

View Full Version : Majesty 2 Collection a seperate game??

izzit145
08-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Hi, i bought the 1C bundle last month and it included both "majesty 2" and "majesty 2 collection" game entries in the library,

so figured id download "majesty 2" first then download the "majesty 2 collection", believing id just be a small update

but the stupid thing wants to redownload the entire game to install in a new folder in steamapps

im thinking of deleting whats started to download and just pasting the original game content into this new folder and letting it update from there

does this make sense, and has anyone else had this problem :confused:

DeMyztikX
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM
It's basically Majesty 2 with 3 expansions built into it. If you've never played, you might as well go with the collection.

Syncourt
08-31-2011, 08:02 AM
AFAIK the only additions were the Ice mage and assassin. If you haven't played before, you can find around 2 temple grounds on average per mission, at these grounds you can build 1 out of about 6-9 choices of temples each with their own special hero type to train.

So if you wanted to play the basic game without the new 2 heroes, just play the collection edition but don't choose the temples which train Ice mages or Assassins.

In fact, I haven't even tried the new heroes yet myself, as I'm also replaying the first campaign this very same way.

Shodan79
09-01-2011, 04:58 PM
[/Quote]In fact, I haven't even tried the new heroes yet myself, as I'm also replaying the first campaign this very same way.[/QUOTE]

Ice Mage: Stronger than the normal mage, and is a bit tougher and harder to kill on their own.

Assassin: Basically a super thief, faster than the normal thief and has a kill move.

Personally I've only tried them a few times, in my opion they are alright. The Template of Luna-rod was part of MAJ1 and should have been included when the game came out. Priestess of Agrellia and Paladins are more useful.

Metro
09-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Neither are really worth it as the other 'temple heroes' are better.

TankGrater
09-17-2011, 05:01 PM
I purchased all of the DLC seperately as well as the base game. I noticed on the majesty 2 collection it states:

New content with in the Majesty 2 Collection:
■2 New Classes (Ice Mage, Assassin)
■6 Spells
■9 Abilities
■8 Missions
■6 Weapon Upgrades

Is there a way I can access this new content? It would be a real shame if I could not considering that I handed them more money than the collection is worth.

Metro
09-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Don't think so.

Sifer2
09-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah all that DLC content was run through their ingame DLC shop I think. Which wasn't ever added to the Steam version. You get the content with collection but rather stupidly you still have to sign into their online system to verify it. So can't use it in Offline mode.