PDA

View Full Version : Rage screenshots look like scenes from Fallout 3

Franky123
08-16-2011, 07:46 AM
I mean there are almost EXACT same elements in the screenshots shown on Steam; the Nuka-Cola machine, the "Tick Helmet" on one of the "raiders", the mutants, the ENTIRE POST APOCOLYPTIC ATMOSPHERE! Looks like it's Id's engine on someone elses game.

Stry
08-16-2011, 01:12 PM
You know, I was going to tear you a new ********* but I realize, that you're probably just uninformed. RAGE was in development a WHILE before Fallout 3 even surfaced, and not only can iD do it better, but they WILL do it better. These guys invented the whole genre man. Seriously.

And its nothing close to Borderlands either if you want to go there as well.

*Edit: It'd be like saying, because Sniper: Ghost Warrior (horrible game mind you) takes place in a Jungle, then its just copying off of Crysis/FarCry, but they're two different games. Aged Cheddar Cheese and Cheese Whiz are not both the same because they taste like Cheese... get me?)

Franky123
08-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Ok, ok I'm reading the other posts about it being in development before BOTH Fallout 3 and Borderlands so point taken. Plagiarism is the most sincere form of flatery I guess. I used to LOVE id with a passion but they have been out of the gaming game so long I think they are REALLY going to need to claw their way back into recognition and respect. Bringing Romero back, whilst keeping him in check, might be what id REALLY needs to get the magic back.