PDA

View Full Version : Can't turn off the damage and XP numbers, no buy.

MrJaegerMeister
08-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Just wanted to let you know, please keep that in mind for any future titles you create.

GiantRobot
08-16-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm sure they can add a patch to add it to the options.

Seems like a stupid reason not to buy a terrific game though.

MrJaegerMeister
08-16-2011, 11:57 AM
I highly doubt it will get patched in. There's hundreds of other action RPG games I can play that have this option. I can afford to be picky. So it may seem stupid to you, but it is no big loss to me.

It's a bunch of useless information that detracts from any beauty the game might have had.

seraphic22
08-16-2011, 12:00 PM
This game is in a different league to those other action rpg's. I feel it is unfair to even call it that since it instantly gets compared to others, though I can understand the developer wanting to since they sell well.

robotosis
08-16-2011, 12:01 PM
I prefer to have the numbers show.

flashfactor7
08-16-2011, 12:02 PM
That's nice, bye now. Don't have the game or want it don't come on the forums for it.

.Rad
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM
I highly doubt it will get patched in. There's hundreds of other action RPG games I can play that have this option. I can afford to be picky. So it may seem stupid to you, but it is no big loss to me.

It's hard to fathom that this 1 option is what separates this game from "hundreds of other action RPG games" in your mind.

From what you're saying, Bastion could literally be considered the greatest ARPG of all time, but you would pass because it displays damage and xp numbers.

I just can't imagine looking at a game, considering its worth, and being totally put off by something as minor as this to the point that I completely disregard the game.

MrJaegerMeister
Wasn't talking to you flash, unless you were involved with the creation of the game. This post was clearly directed at the creators of the game

Keep flaming me Hammer Legion Members.

13xforever

That's why you're posting this rant here. Right. Ok.
The game is a .NET executable, not even obfuscated one. You can modify it even YOURSELF. So even if developers won't do anything, the community will easily will come up with this mod after a while.

Baresark
08-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Wow, people will not play a game for completely arbitrary reasons these days. How about, if your not interested in the game, and you are not having technical issues, you just don't come and post. I mean, there are probably like 3 other people on the planet with that exact same complaint, and clearly it's not marketed to the 4 of you. Enjoy.

flashfactor7
08-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Wasn't talking to you flash, unless you were involved with the creation of the game.

Keep flaming me Hammer Legion Members.

Why are you still here troll?

nvrsbr
08-16-2011, 12:07 PM
If the game does not have flying green poodles with pancakes for eyes I am not buying this !!!!

h2beez
08-16-2011, 12:07 PM
I personally love the numbers, always have 'em on in every game that has this option. Even still I can't see it being that big of an issue to warrant not playing the game at all...almost sounds like troll.