PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Valve?

recca01982
08-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Before you guys say anything, this isn't yet ANOTHER message about how this game supposedly doesn't work. This about Steam's timing, or the lack thereof. I swear to god above that Steam is making fun of me. Almost every game I've bought through them, goes on sale 3 days after I buy it. I'm not kidding,... look at my history >.<

So anyways,... you suck,.... great game no problems whatsoever. Long shot? Can I get a refund then buy it at the reduced price? lol

Sunshine
08-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Wait... People buy games before they go on sale.. on Steam? D:

Nafe
08-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Wait... People buy games before they go on sale.. on Steam? D:

I did that once! With Just Cause 2, bought it twice at full RRP (30) - one for me and one for a friend. Within a few months it was down to about 4.

I regret nothing. That game RULES!

SunDown1982
08-17-2011, 05:36 PM
If you've used Steam enough, you'd KNOW that you can not get a refund for any game unless it's pre-ordered.

Btw, blaming Valve for the sale because you bought it earlier is just absurd...lol

recca01982
08-18-2011, 11:31 AM
If you've used Steam enough, you'd KNOW that you can not get a refund for any game unless it's pre-ordered.

Btw, blaming Valve for the sale because you bought it earlier is just absurd...lol

-sigh- I never blamed steam for that, this whole topic was a joke about how I keep getting screwed :P

That being said, I know about the refund policies (or the lack thereof) and I'd like to think I'm well versed with Steam (seeing as I have over 240 games on it :P)

JoeH-UK
08-18-2011, 11:48 AM
yeah, i know the feeling bought GTAIV complete a couple of WEEKS before the sale, aswell as fable 3, that went on sale pretty quick, since Fable III and GTAIV i've not bought a full priced game :D

recca01982
08-18-2011, 04:57 PM
yeah, i know the feeling bought GTAIV complete a couple of WEEKS before the sale, aswell as fable 3, that went on sale pretty quick, since Fable III and GTAIV i've not bought a full priced game :D

Awww I didn't know Fable 3 was on sale..... I've had it for the 360 and don't want to pay the full price

CrudD
08-19-2011, 06:59 AM

Oh literal larry, you're incorrigible! Know what else is absurd? Being humor impaired to the point where you can't recognize an obvious joke when you see it :p

-sigh- I never blamed steam for that, this whole topic was a joke about how I keep getting screwed :P

That being said, I know about the refund policies (or the lack thereof) and I'd like to think I'm well versed with Steam (seeing as I have over 240 games on it :P)

I can definitely relate. Paid $50 for Left 4 Dead in Jan of 2009 (it hadn't been on sale yet at that point). Guess what game went on sale for 50% off in the very next "weekend deal"? Same exact thing happened again a cpl months later when i paid full price for Fallout 3 lol.

No complaints, they're both great games and were worth full price imo, just funny how it worked out that way :)