PDA

View Full Version : My save game keeps rolling back, not playing till this is fixed

asm0ron
08-17-2011, 05:14 PM
After doing that archery and machete thing 100 times to get 1st place, every time I come back into my game it seems to have rolled back to a save 3 or 4 levels back... Absolutely game-breaking and there's no reason to keep playing if it's going to keep erasing my progress and starting me where i was hours ago.

Guns1ingr
08-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Sorry to hear about the issue you're having. When you say this keeps happening, how many times has this issue occurred so far? And when you get rolled back does it always take you back to the same point? Or are you advancing little by little and going back to a different point each time?

Please try locating your save file which should be here:
\Program Files\Steam\userdata\********\107100\remote\
here:
\Program Files\Steam\userdata\********\107100\local\
or here:
\Documents and Settings\User\Saved Games\Bastion\
depending on whether you are running the game outside of Steam or if you are using cloud saves. The stars represent a user id unique to only you.

The file is named profile1.sav or something similar.

If one of those locations has a save with a recent timestamp, try copying it to the other locations and seeing if that gets you your progress back.

Spattercat
08-17-2011, 06:05 PM
You are going back to the Bastion to save, right?

asm0ron
08-17-2011, 06:51 PM
yeah, i have saves in all 3 places, why doesn't it save to one place? because it seems like they're overwriting happening between having 3 separate locations for save data to go...

Guns1ingr
08-17-2011, 06:57 PM
There is a bug with the data sometimes being saved to the wrong location that we are working on a fix for. But in the meantime I hope this allows you to recover your progress =)

asm0ron
08-17-2011, 07:16 PM
yeah sorry i kind of raged, i freaking love this game so much, and i played for hours and hours the second it came out, then when i got on today BAM i was back where i started... thought i lost everything, but it was all in the "User" save, copying over the ones in the userdata folders worked and i'm back on track, thank you, and thank you for this game

munky-head
08-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Hey!
This happened to me too, but the method did not help!
Under \userdata\***\107100\local there was only one file, "activeProfile", and no profiles in-game!
I was able to find seemingly saves under \steamapps\common\bastion\Content\Saves, but copying over didn't help - the profile list is still empty.
I've clicked an empty profile and a file named "profile1.profile" was created - with the only option to start a new game.
Help me please!

Jurkelj
06-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Hey!
This happened to me too, but the method did not help!
Under \userdata\***\107100\local there was only one file, "activeProfile", and no profiles in-game!
I was able to find seemingly saves under \steamapps\common\bastion\Content\Saves, but copying over didn't help - the profile list is still empty.
I've clicked an empty profile and a file named "profile1.profile" was created - with the only option to start a new game.
Help me please!

Ok so I've found a solution for your problem. Do the following:
1. Create a new profile in game so that a file profile1.profile shows up in the 107100\local folder.
2. Copy and paste in the same folder (107100\local) those .sav files you found among Steam saves. They have weird names like User_shrine01.sav or something like that.
3. Change the name of one of those .sav files to profile1.sav (to match the profile1.profile file)
4. Play. If you are not satisfied with the result try using another .sav file (each one loads different stages of your game).

Enjoy :)

munky-head
06-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Ok so I've found a solution for your problem. Do the following:
1. Create a new profile in game so that a file profile1.profile shows up in the 107100\local folder.
2. Copy and paste in the same folder (107100\local) those .sav files you found among Steam saves. They have weird names like User_shrine01.sav or something like that.
3. Change the name of one of those .sav files to profile1.sav (to match the profile1.profile file)
4. Play. If you are not satisfied with the result try using another .sav file (each one loads different stages of your game).

Enjoy :)

Finally! I can continue!
My last save dates back to August 25th of last year - now I'll be finally able to resume my game :)