PDA

View Full Version : Importing CS:S maps into CS:GO

Neverent
08-17-2011, 04:33 PM
I need as much information on this as possible. I realize the game isn't released yet, but two things that lead me to believe this is a fruitful question is:

1) People out there have experience importing maps from one source game into another.

2) People out there have information about CS:GO regarding the version of the engine it'll be running on.

What I need to know is this:

I'm currently working on a map for CS:S; I want to eventually import it into CS:GO. I need the brutal truth on what to expect in the process and what I can do to make it easier on myself.

I've searched and I've come up blank for the most part.

localhost
08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Maybe some tools will be released to import Source map to Hamer then export in to GO map.

Not sure Vtex will work :/

There is no big difrence. GO will be same as Source just new skins and animation. :p

Neverent
08-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe some tools will be released to import Source map to Hamer then export in to GO map.

Not sure Vtex will work :/

There is no big difrence. GO will be same as Source just new skins and animation. :p

I'm afraid we're not on the same page.

I'm not interested in importing OFFICIAL CS:S maps into CS:GO. I want to import custom maps, which were obviously already created in Hammer.

I make this clarification because you say "maybe tools will be released to import Source map to Hammer" which, in regards to custom maps, already exists.

I just basically need an answer to this: Is making a map for CS:GO using the current Hammer tools completely pointless? I.e. Will be we able to at least import brushes into CS:GO's tools?

w00tcolors
08-18-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm afraid we're not on the same page.

I'm not interested in importing OFFICIAL CS:S maps into CS:GO. I want to import custom maps, which were obviously already created in Hammer.

I make this clarification because you say "maybe tools will be released to import Source map to Hammer" which, in regards to custom maps, already exists.

I just basically need an answer to this: Is making a map for CS:GO using the current Hammer tools completely pointless? I.e. Will be we able to at least import brushes into CS:GO's tools?

We won't know for sure until the game comes out and we see the GO SDK, but I would imagine that if anything, any brush work could certainly be scavenged, you'll likely have to replace all the entities though, which isn't a big deal.

Neverent
08-18-2011, 01:07 PM
We won't know for sure until the game comes out and we see the GO SDK, but I would imagine that if anything, any brush work could certainly be scavenged, you'll likely have to replace all the entities though, which isn't a big deal.

Alright, that was my intuition.

Brush work is the painful part anyway :)

Kave
08-19-2011, 04:32 AM
Yes. You will be able to port maps from CS:S to CS:GO.

MrDarkone707
08-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Well I don't think the core gameplay is going to change. I mean is it an aim map? a hostage map? or a bomb map? but I think due to the source engine, graphic improvement so on and so on. I think you need to open the vmf file to the new cs:go hammer (when it comes out) and compile it. I don't know since i never imported one of my custom css maps to another game using hammer.

Neverent
08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
It's a hostage map.

Here's hoping all my work isn't for nothing.

Omega_K2
08-21-2011, 07:16 AM
My guess is that loading your current vmf in CS:GO hammer, then fixing things here and there (entities etc), then recompiling is all you have to do.