PDA

View Full Version : Voice Actress Tagged in Another Game

Tanukisan
08-18-2011, 04:54 PM
So I'm replaying MASS EFFECT, building a character to try some different things, when at one point Shepard is having a confab with an Asari named Nassana Dantius, and I'm saying to myself, "Wait a tick... I know that voice...."

Sure enough, it's Therese! And Jeanette. And Tourette. Well, the same voice, anywise.

Yep, the very talented Grey DeLisle did both characters -- and a ton of others. And looks nothing like Therese nor Nassana Dantius. (:

Interestingly enough, she's also bilingual, and has done voices for Japanese characters/shows as well. I knew there was another reason I liked her. (:

Ratty Randnums
08-18-2011, 05:48 PM
So I'm replaying MASS EFFECT, building a character to try some different things, when at one point Shepard is having a confab with an Asari named Nassana Dantius, and I'm saying to myself, "Wait a tick... I know that voice...."

Sure enough, it's Therese! And Jeanette. And Tourette. Well, the same voice, anywise.

Yep, the very talented Grey DeLisle did both characters -- and a ton of others. And looks nothing like Therese nor Nassana Dantius. (:

Interestingly enough, she's also bilingual, and has done voices for Japanese characters/shows as well. I knew there was another reason I liked her. (:

Cool! Yeah right after I beat it I was looking around online and found out that Smilin' Jack is voiced by none other than John Dimaggio! The voice of Bender on Futurama amongst many other things. Was like "I *KNEW* he sounded familiar!"

Tanukisan
08-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Cool! Yeah right after I beat it I was looking around online and found out that Smilin' Jack is voiced by none other than Joe Dimaggio! The voice of Bender on Futurama amongst many other things. Was like "I *KNEW* he sounded familiar!"

Yes, more than anything else the enthusiasm and eloquence of the voice acting in VtM:B "sold" it for me. Whoever put all that together was a true artist. I've enjoyed other games *almost* as much in that regard, but at the end of the day, none can hold a candle to this one. (:

Ratty Randnums
08-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Yes, more than anything else the enthusiasm and eloquence of the voice acting in VtM:B "sold" it for me. Whoever put all that together was a true artist. I've enjoyed other games *almost* as much in that regard, but at the end of the day, none can hold a candle to this one. (:

Indeed. Brian Mitsoda, the primary author of most characters/dialog in the game thanks/gives a lot of credit to the VA director in this delightful interview if you've not seen it. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/04/06/interview-without-a-vampire-bloodlines-b-mitsoda/ Also offers some interesting and occasionally hilarious tidbits on the game writing process.

Nummersechs
08-21-2011, 09:06 AM
im not gonna call a duck a pig.

Karva
08-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah they got some really great voice actors and actresses for this game.

kara_bulut
08-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Holy crap that's correct

rad666a
08-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Indeed. Brian Mitsoda, the primary author of most characters/dialog in the game thanks/gives a lot of credit to the VA director in this delightful interview if you've not seen it. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/04/06/interview-without-a-vampire-bloodlines-b-mitsoda/ Also offers some interesting and occasionally hilarious tidbits on the game writing process.

Wonderful read, thanks for sharing.