PDA

View Full Version : Turning Rumble Off On a Xbox Controller?

zigavivei
08-18-2011, 10:03 PM
I use a wired Xbox 360 Controller for PC. It's a known issue, with me and my set up, that whenever vibration occurs in a game the game, whatever game it is, hangs up and freezes until the controller is unplugged and plugged back in. To circumvent this issue I turn off vibration function in the game and it works without a hitch.

The problem is this. There is no way to turn off rumble in game. So is there a way to turn off rumble through an outside source? I don't understand how the developers didn't include that option but it is really an issue with From Dust.

I personally don't care for k+m control but if there is no way to fix this then I guess there wont be a choice.

my specs for those who prefer them:
Windows 7(64 bit)svc pck 1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6570 1 GB video card

PumpkinCakes
10-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Necropost but w/e; could be an issue for others.

Been trying to find a way to turn off rumble when using a Xbox Controller on PC but dont think there is a way. If you are using the controller plugged into a USB hub the controller will always stop working after a rumble. You have to plug it directly into one of the main USB ports on the PC....just not the same ones your headphones or speakers are on or you will have massive feedback from audio.

should work fine after that.

PartyintheKorea
10-22-2011, 01:32 AM
I've been playing NBA 2K11 with a wired 360 controller too and sometimes the controller will just stop working when it rumbles intermittently like during foul shots. basically i have to pull it out and connect it back everytime that happens. really would like to know if there's a way to turn off rumble...

jaxx0rr
02-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Necropost but w/e; could be an issue for others.

Been trying to find a way to turn off rumble when using a Xbox Controller on PC but dont think there is a way. If you are using the controller plugged into a USB hub the controller will always stop working after a rumble. You have to plug it directly into one of the main USB ports on the PC....just not the same ones your headphones or speakers are on or you will have massive feedback from audio.

should work fine after that.

holy crap wow thanks man, the internet is full of ♥♥♥♥ing noobs having problems with their wireless ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ xbox controllers running out of battery juice.. it was so ♥♥♥♥ing hard to even find this post.. thanks for the solution

Ducain
05-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I figured out a way to do it using x360ce. Details in this forum thread for Costume Quest:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2183923#8