PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition (DE)

Zeitgeist
08-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know the difference between the german version and the ROW release?

TIA

Intero
08-19-2011, 11:23 AM
I know that the German version is uncut, so I guess there is no difference.

Zeitgeist
08-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Thx for your reply. I do know, that it was announced to be released uncensored (thats why I dared to purchase through the german store), but (DE) usually means otherwise.

Zeitgeist
08-20-2011, 03:57 AM
Bumper car.

Does anyone know what is actually going on with the german version? Is it crippled in one way or another?

BTW: Just to make it clear, I bought my copy through the german Steam store and it shows DE in brackets in my account summary. So there must be differences compared to the rest of the world, right?

dannythefool
08-20-2011, 04:28 AM
I've asked this before in a different thread but as far as I can tell, there is no indication that it'll be censored in Germany. They announced a while ago that it would be uncut and was rated for 18+ by both PEGI and the USK (the latter one being the relevant one in Germany).

It could be something tiny though - e.g. I have Vampire Bloodlines (DE), where the only censored part is a short beheading scene in the intro video. That game was sold as "uncut", too.

Personally I'm hoping I can play in English, I don't really care how much blood I see.

ffleischa
08-20-2011, 05:37 AM
My main concern is that this version might only have German text and audio.
When region locking was still an issue, Eidos said that the localized versions would only contain the language of the associated region. (IIRC)

Does anybody have any further information on that topic?

Zeitgeist
08-20-2011, 05:45 AM
I've finished pre-loading and the folder contains a file called "bigfile_English.000" which is 833MB, so I guess it'll have the english audio as well. At least I do hope so. I've already asked the steam support about the differences and for a refund in case the german version is not equal to the international one. No reply yet, ofc.

Euphytose
08-20-2011, 05:52 AM
You will probably be able to change the subtitles / voices to your liking by downloading the files off the internet and replacing them, it's perfectly legal.

ffleischa
08-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Well, there is hope, thanks!

BTW: Zeitgeist must be the coolest possible nickname for a Deus Ex fan. :cool:

OmniGeno
08-20-2011, 11:18 AM
You will probably be able to change the subtitles / voices to your liking by downloading the files off the internet and replacing them, it's perfectly legal.

Yes, I remember there being a large post on the Eidos support forums that supports this. I can't seem to find it right now but I know it was there.

halfamaster
08-20-2011, 12:18 PM
I do hope that the version I have comes in English :|
I got mine from GmG but atm i am living in germany... I dont want german text or language D: the original is soooo much better >_>''

Euphytose
08-20-2011, 12:57 PM
I still couldn't believe it when I heard the game would be audio localized, I mean seriously?

Zeitgeist
08-23-2011, 06:18 AM
So, the steam support has answered my question about the german version. Well, basically they didn't, as I was asking about the differences between the german and the international version plus I was asking for a refund, if there were differences between the two. And all they did was offering me a refund, in case I want my money back. Not one single word about censorship, limitations or anything like that.

I don't know if this means anything, but if you read between the lines you could come to the conclusion that there are indeed differences between the versions, else they wouldn't have offered the refund.

What do you guys think about that? Too much analyzing and worrying or is there something fishy going on?

dannythefool
08-23-2011, 06:22 AM
I think that's just a canned answer the support guy picked from a list. He probably doesn't know more than we do, which is that there is a separate version in the system, but not what the differences would be if there are any.

Dr.Jones
08-23-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm guessing that because HR is (extremely) violent game, spewing blood all the way to the end of the game, i would say that at least the blood is missing its standard colour (red for the visually impaired people) in DE version as usually happens for DE releases.

br.
Dr.Jones

Zeitgeist
08-23-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm guessing that because HR is (extremely) violent game, spewing blood all the way to the end of the game, i would say that at least the blood is missing its standard colour (red for the visually impaired people) in DE version as usually happens for DE releases.

This is actually what I am worried about, as the game was announced to be released fully uncensored in DE and so I pre-purchased the game in good faith only to find out that there is indeed a (DE) version..

Dr.Jones
08-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Our game development firm needed to replace the blood texture to the green one :) when doing the DE version and it was not so violent game (compared to the others which are out now).

br.
Dr.Jones