PDA

View Full Version : Prototype 2 considering the current Prototype game support?. NO THANKS!

gscualo
08-19-2011, 06:37 PM
I mean, no matter how much I paid for this game (Prototype) ...I paid, so I do believe that I deserve support like a patch fixing all the mentioned issues over this forum regarding this game at least.

I am feeling like I am using a cracked game trying to find a workaround by my own on every bug found ...that's NOT FAIR!.

:mad:

b00tsy
08-20-2011, 07:55 AM
What bugs? I havent noticed any yet.

Lowlif3
08-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't understand why everybody is having so much trouble running this game.I got mine on the sale and loaded it but didn't launch it til the following day when I did it loaded a patch before it started.I only had to set the preferred resolution and it has ran fine since.It had no problems starting from a save I don't have the newest computer an I7 x58 but I do keep my drivers of my gtx570 vid card current as much as I can .

CrudD
08-21-2011, 05:35 AM
What bugs? I havent noticed any yet.

I don't understand why everybody is having so much trouble running this game.I got mine on the sale and loaded it but didn't launch it til the following day when I did it loaded a patch before it started.I only had to set the preferred resolution and it has ran fine since.It had no problems starting from a save I don't have the newest computer an I7 x58 but I do keep my drivers of my gtx570 vid card current as much as I can .

There is no patch for Prototype, never was. What you saw when you booted the game up was probably DirectX and/or Visual C++ runtime being installed. When you "install" a steam game, what it's really doing is downloading the game files to your computer. The game isn't actually installed in the true sense until you attempt to run it for the first time.

But anyhoo, glad you guys aren't having any issues, count yourselves lucky :)

b00tsy
08-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Well Maybe I am lucky :)
To be honest I am having more fun with this game then with Batman that I bought at full price some weeks ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LATEkQOJ4bk&feature=channel_video_title

Baresark
04-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I never understood the enmity about this game. I bought it when it first came out, it has always run well, looked fantastic, and the PC version is the best version as I understand it. Great game too. Looking forward to the second one.

Filipfonky
04-18-2012, 06:57 AM
I never understood the enmity about this game. I bought it when it first came out, it has always run well, looked fantastic, and the PC version is the best version as I understand it. Great game too. Looking forward to the second one.

I never understood all this hate either.
I love the first Prototype, i play it on my PC and i don't have any problems with it.

Then i come to these forums, and all i see is hate and people saying that the game is not worth it.

hughesyboozy
04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Well you guys a very lucky then...... I was playing the game ok (had preblems with resolution) but then bought a sound card, Asus xonar dx2 and now the sound is messed up and nothing I do works! I would post a video but can't see the point as they won't patch it. Basically everyone sounds like chipmunks, it was very funny at first but obviously can't play it like that...... certainly won't be buying number 2!

Shinuz
04-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah screw this game, no support whatsoever for the 1st one, and before the game came out the devs were always on the forum hyping the game to death and then when it came out they were never seen again.
Thankfully most of the bugs were fixed by forum members and from the widescreen gaming forum site.

Foxrun
04-25-2012, 08:47 PM

Same, very excited for the second one this summer!

Freyar
04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
With the lack of support for the first one, I refuse to pay for the second.

Prototype had poor performance (in some situations), poor texture quality, absolutely unexcusable issues with cutscene audio, game audio, and even speed.

I had to put an amplifier on line with PCs that had either on-board Realtek Audio OR a stand-alone audio card. This of course isn't a valid solution, and the key/localization to PC inputs was poor as well. I still have a ticket open with Activision waiting for a fix for these audio issues which pretty much has timed out and turned into nothing short of "We'll e-mail you when it's fixed." Granted, no fix yet.

Sorry, to release such a jarate-poor release on PC, then to turn around and release a sequel without properly supporting it's predecessor is just insulting, especially when I paid FULL PRICE for the game. How am I supposed to trust in this release? How should I be able to trust that this game won't have the same problems? How can I expect proper post-release support that was so utterly DROPPED on the first one? They still owe me a fully functioning game.

AngryJens
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
I can't even get the game to start. Never had any issues with any other games.

Freyar
04-28-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm actually kind of annoyed people are throwing the "But they'll stop developing for the PC" card. They SHOULD stop developing for the PC if they sell a product and are unable or unwilling to finish it.

Glaice
04-30-2012, 09:35 AM
I am only having cutscene audio issues AND having the freeze on the end of the "The Missing Body" cutscene with Ragard in the lab and freezing at the end which I had to skip it to actually continue playing the game.

Why the f*ck do these dumb-♥♥♥ f*cking consoles get the stupid game first and don't have these issues, unlike the PC version? All versions should get equal support and not half-♥♥♥ sh*t for the PC port.

I wonder what kind of excuses the devs have for not fixing these issues on the PC port? If it was another company they would have patched this sh*t within a month, not sit on their asses the way Radical Entertainment has for the past 2 and a half years.

Alex1981
04-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Runs fine for me.
I've beaten it multiple times through the years, in fact, with each of these systems:

i3 2.53 GHz
GT540m
4GB RAM
Win7 64

Q9300@ 3.5GHz
GTX280
4GB RAM
Vista 32

Athlon 4400X2
8800GTS 640MB
2GB RAM
XP

i5 2500k
HD6950
8GB RAM
Win7 64

And an X-fi Fatal1ty in all of the desktops, a USB X-fi Surround 5.1 on the laptop.

No problems on any of them. With that fairly wide range of hardware and operating systems, I'd expect at least one of them to have some kind of issues. Considering how much hate is thrown at the game, it's GOT to be broken on at least one, right? Nope.

Freyar
04-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Runs fine for me.
I've beaten it multiple times through the years, in fact, with each of these systems:

i3 2.53 GHz
GT540m
4GB RAM
Win7 64

Q9300@ 3.5GHz
GTX280
4GB RAM
Vista 32

Athlon 4400X2
8800GTS 640MB
2GB RAM
XP

i5 2500k
HD6950
8GB RAM
Win7 64

And an X-fi Fatal1ty in all of the desktops, a USB X-fi Surround 5.1 on the laptop.

No problems on any of them. With that fairly wide range of hardware and operating systems, I'd expect at least one of them to have some kind of issues. Considering how much hate is thrown at the game, it's GOT to be broken on at least one, right? Nope.

There was a common problem with audio being too quiet, and for the longest time custcenes had a number of issues too. Did you do any fixes for the first Prototype on your own? Perhaps they did release a patch and never bothered to tell me. Perhaps Realtek and Creative got their acts together and sorted the audio problems that I remember fighting with for so long.

I'm re-downloading the first for now, but I don't have high hopes.

Freyar
04-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Sounds better now. On one of the two systems I had problems with, the audio is now.. audible, but it's still pretty quiet over all. Let's just say I don't have to use an external amp on the line anymore. That said, I'm still annoyed that for buying a game at release, it's almost three years from then that I've been able to play it and actually.. PLAY it.

I'll scale back some of my ire since the problem has been lessened to the point where it's a usable product, but the time it took to get it there and the lack of communication makes it harder still to support Prototype 2.

Alex1981
04-30-2012, 05:01 PM
I've never done any fixes or anything. Just installed and played. I had the retail version to start with, and never even looked for any patches. Never had anything that seemed like it needed fixing.

Of course, I've never tried playing with a mouse and keyboard. I've used a 360 controller every time I've played. Just seemed like a better fit for a game like this. I always use my controller for button-mashers.

Jargas
04-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Is that the scene where you take tank to the place with that doctor? Just got there and it froze. Works perfectly fine previous to that. guess ill see if it continues. if just have to skip i guess its not so bad

Kastoremaru
05-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Here's a thought. You paid for a game and it doesn't work properly with your equipment. You seek help with the publisher and they never fix one issue that is reported on their forums; not one single problem. Then they decide to release the sequel to their game.

Do you go onto the community boards and tell the truth about your experience or do you tell everyone to buy the second game because PC gaming needs more publishers? For those of you that got their game to work from day one I envy you. You must have a lucky rabbit's foot on your keychain that wards off bad publisher juju. For the rest of us this game was a steaming pile of sh*t and there isn't a chance in heck I would buy part 2.

Sorry if I offended anyone; just stating facts related to my experience. I could see if the publisher put out a series of patches and my configuration wasn't addressed, but 500 other's problems were fixed. They never even put out one single patch. Not one!

How can you support that?

Jargas
05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Here's a thought. You paid for a game and it doesn't work properly with your equipment. You seek help with the publisher and they never fix one issue that is reported on their forums; not one single problem. Then they decide to release the sequel to their game.

Do you go onto the community boards and tell the truth about your experience or do you tell everyone to buy the second game because PC gaming needs more publishers? For those of you that got their game to work from day one I envy you. You must have a lucky rabbit's foot on your keychain that wards off bad publisher juju. For the rest of us this game was a steaming pile of sh*t and there isn't a chance in heck I would buy part 2.

Sorry if I offended anyone; just stating facts related to my experience. I could see if the publisher put out a series of patches and my configuration wasn't addressed, but 500 other's problems were fixed. They never even put out one single patch. Not one!

How can you support that?

I do happen to have pretty good luck when it comes to these games that are plagued with problems, but I do get how you feel. Doesn't take much for me to not want to play a game because of stability issues and such. I expect better quality gaming from the PC side. I own all the consoles but rarely play them save a few games that wont make it to PC.

layolan
05-16-2012, 12:03 PM
I've had this game for about a year now and I haven't been able to play it because of this lag I get. It is ANNOYING and it won't go away. My system can run this, yet it doesn't want to.