PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Sounds play multiple times

ChiefLink
08-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I'll start off by saying I love the demo and cannot wait for the game. I also had it preordered for my PS3, but after discovering it runs great on my PC, I'm gonna be switching that to Uncharted 3.

Anyway! The bug I experienced is best described by this example. In the midst of a heavy battle, I fire my bolt pistol once and it sounds like a regular bolter is firing. The screaming Orks say the same thing in rapid succession, cutting themselves off after just saying "SPACE-!" (Related to the Space Core?!?!) Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I just riding the Space Marine short bus?

Also: Any official methods of reporting this to Relic besides the forums?

++ DCS <<
08-20-2011, 08:40 PM
SPACE-!

No i have not experienced the bug yet, I have however been stuck in a crate and was unable to get out of it.

Jibberish
08-20-2011, 10:50 PM
I've had some goofy sound issues as well--what are your computer's specs?

And your best bet is to head to the Spacemarine.com official forums for bug reporting.

ChiefLink
08-21-2011, 12:26 AM
I've had some goofy sound issues as well--what are your computer's specs?

And your best bet is to head to the Spacemarine.com official forums for bug reporting.

I have:

Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz (Yes, very old...)
1.5 GB RAM at 800 Mhz
NVidia GTS 250 - Latest drivers
Windows 7 Home Premium
300 GB HDD with 21 GB remaining

Besides the sound issue, the game runs close to 30 fps, even in combat. I could be wrong, but it still seems smooth with 15 or so Orks rampaging, getting sliced and shot, and exploding. I could just be distracted by the pretty explosions of blood, though. :)

Armas
08-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Besides the sound issue, the game runs close to 30 fps, even in combat. I could be wrong, but it still seems smooth with 15 or so Orks rampaging, getting sliced and shot, and exploding. I could just be distracted by the pretty explosions of blood, though. :)

The textures are very basic so it doesn't surprise me that it runs smoothly. The sound bug could be because you're using an old Motherboard (onboard sound I assume) with old drivers.

But as Jibberish pointed out, it's probably not a steam issue so you'd be better off posting about it in the official forum. If you're (very) lucky they'll add support for older sound cards.

ChiefLink
08-21-2011, 01:22 AM
The textures are very basic so it doesn't surprise me that it runs smoothly. The sound bug could be because you're using an old Motherboard (onboard sound I assume) with old drivers.

But as Jibberish pointed out, it's probably not a steam issue so you'd be better off posting about it in the official forum. If you're (very) lucky they'll add support for older sound cards.

Well, I've never had sound issues on this motherboard before. They have 2 weeks left and I've read about bugs that are much more serious than mine on more modern hardware. Likely, this all stems from the engine, which they created in-house, so they haven't fully considered the versatility until the demo.

In any case, the sound is only bad in heavy action. It might be annoying if a cutscene gets crazy, but I can bear a cacophony while being mobbed by foes. It kinda fits with the whole idea in a way.