PDA

View Full Version : Download demo button doesn't work on the page

RustyFirePlace
08-21-2011, 11:11 AM
I didn't pre-order (wanna try out the demo first) but on the store page the "download demo" button doesn't work.

is this just a glitch and the demo doens't come out for people who haven't pre-ordered for a few days?

thanks.

kira_fung
08-21-2011, 11:25 AM
It's pre-order exclusive for a period of time.

RustyFirePlace
08-21-2011, 11:26 AM
okay, thanks bro.

dr_ogen
08-21-2011, 12:58 PM
August 18th: Steam preorder
August 22nd: Space Marine ‘Honour Guard’ members
August 23rd: Xbox 360 and Windows PC
August 24th: PS3

enemyofportal
08-21-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't know about this game since I've never played any warhammer 40K (they are all strategy which I'm never interested in). now, they suddenly third person type shooter for this? why? still it's not impressive enough. I will pass. no thank you. Deus Ex HR is enough to hold until BF 3.

by the way, you guys are right. demo is supposed to be free for all. WTF this crap? even demo will be available later, I won't play. combat, maps are all similar with each other. honestly, it looks boring.

Freakiq
08-21-2011, 05:22 PM
OK, then F*ck them All.
A Demo (usually) is FREE FOR ALL.
What is this sh*t???
No pre-order, no demo????

Are we MAD???

GOD DAMN IT

I loved Steam at its beginnings but... everyday I'm upset more and more...

I hate saying this, but...

Greetings users, and May the Luck be with US

A temper tantrum for having to wait two days for a demo? :rolleyes:

Scorcher24
08-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah, some people are likely to call in an Exterminatus because of this O_O.
Stop the complaints, Gits. It is only a few days earlier for preorder customers, not entirely exclusive.

winterforge
08-21-2011, 10:39 PM
OK, then F*ck them All.
What is this sh*t???

Are we MAD???

GOD DAMN IT

Are you freaking kidding me with this? Please tell me you are. The demo WILL be free for all. God forbid they give it to people who PAID for the game a couple of days earlier. Burn it all, spread the UK riots globally! Teen angst ftw!!

MoIeH
08-21-2011, 11:57 PM
OK, then F*ck them All.
What is this sh*t???

Are we MAD???

GOD DAMN IT

Dumb@ss

Greyfury
08-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Hi,

thanks for pointing out its a preorder demo (at time of writing) i'm now getting my 13th legion demo~eee goodness as i type! :>

Grey

FlameWater
08-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Look I just wanna download, play, hate, delete this demo already

Afoxi
08-22-2011, 08:53 AM
What's Honor Guard?

Jibberish
08-22-2011, 08:54 AM
What's Honor Guard?

The official forum for the game, found on spacemarine.com

JoKeR_Her3
08-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I am a part of the Honor Guard,however the download demo button is still doing nothing for me.Why is that?

Scorcher24
08-22-2011, 08:56 AM
I am a part of the Honor Guard,however the download demo button is still doing nothing for me.Why is that?

http://www.spacemarine.com/gb/demo/get-code
Click here to redeem your key, add it to steam via "add game".

kiratachibana
08-22-2011, 10:03 AM

Wow, thanks for reminding us.

Jibberish
08-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Wow, thanks for reminding us.

Not sure if genuine, or just really too lazy to spend 30 seconds signing up for a forum to get a demo but still somehow bitter about not having demo

kiratachibana
08-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Not sure if genuine, or just really too lazy to spend 30 seconds signing up for a forum to get a demo but still somehow bitter about not having demo

Yes, it is, just tested. Well, I signed up an account a while ago anyway.

RustyFirePlace
08-22-2011, 11:01 AM
sweet, it downloaded for me in 4 minutes

l4yercake
08-22-2011, 11:17 AM
well if the demo is any indication of the finished product color me unimpressed

guess, I just need to give it some more playtime

RustyFirePlace
08-22-2011, 11:50 AM
yeh, pretty bad console port

I'll buy it when it's 75% off, and it's dissapointing that it's a port, I thought Relic were PC devs.

winterforge
08-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Not sure what demo you were playing, but I think its pretty damn fun. Most fun I can remember having in a demo in a while.

chaoticzdh
08-22-2011, 12:49 PM
by the way, you guys are right. demo is supposed to be free for all. WTF this crap? even demo will be available later, I won't play. combat, maps are all similar with each other. honestly, it looks boring.

Im sorry but i watched afew videos and the game looks like it will have an amazing story. just watching the videos alone tell me its not some crappy 3rd person shooter relic is an amazing dev team.

kgbeast
08-22-2011, 01:00 PM
yeh, pretty bad console port

I'll buy it when it's 75% off, and it's dissapointing that it's a port, I thought Relic were PC devs.

Nice try :cool:

Vergil_vk
08-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks dude!!! =D
Great reply xDD

Greetings HG mate

SkySoldier82d
08-22-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't know about this game since I've never played any warhammer 40K (they are all strategy which I'm never interested in). now, they suddenly third person type shooter for this? why? still it's not impressive enough. I will pass. no thank you. Deus Ex HR is enough to hold until BF 3.

Demo is supposed to be free for all? Unless you actually put in the dev work to make this game, who are you to dictate what is free and what isn't? The early demo for pre-purchasers is entirely appropriate! Welcome to capitalism...take your food stamps somewhere else!

Besides, the demo will be free when they offer it to all interested parties. Patience...you will have it soon.

Satoru
08-22-2011, 07:10 PM

worked fine for me. Just sign up then click the link to get the serial to reg on steam

scott1974
08-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Click here to redeem your key, add it to steam via "add game".Thanks for that. Installing now.

Nickelob_Ultra
08-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Its 12 AM EST.

Where's my demo :(

Or do I have to wait for PST?

Scorcher24
08-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Wait for 10:00 PST or register at the forums at spacemarine.com to get it now.
http://www.spacemarine.com/forums/topic/2992

Nickelob_Ultra
08-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Wait for 10:00 PST or register at the forums at spacemarine.com to get it now.
http://www.spacemarine.com/forums/topic/2992

I love you.

UTROMSHREDDER
08-22-2011, 11:54 PM
only 2 hours to wait!:D

Vergil_vk
08-23-2011, 12:02 AM
2 hours O.O
I just waited 20 mins xDD

Magnificent, I love the game!!

UTROMSHREDDER
08-23-2011, 12:04 AM
so from what i have in many forums most people who played the demo said it is a good game. but few people said it is bad. But i believe is good since more people said it is good.

++ DCS <<
08-23-2011, 12:14 AM
so from what i have in many forums most people who played the demo said it is a good game. but few people said it is bad. But i believe is good since more people said it is good.

It's definitely good.

UTROMSHREDDER
08-23-2011, 12:58 AM
but i dont havre high excpectations from this game because it is from a developer who dont have any experience in action games. Relic has made only rts games so far and it is their first action game. Because of that personaly i will not dissapointed if it is not reach my expectations. Those who complained about it and said it is no good had high expectations from it when they knew that this developer dont have experince on action game. But we must buy this game to encourage them to make more action games. the reason i have not played any Relic games is because i dont like rts games. This will be their first game that i will buy just to support them to make more action games. if this games fails like Red faction Armagedon then relic will be dissapointed and wont make more action games. that why we must all buy it. Evryone saw what happend to red faction it armagedon it failed and because of that thq decided to not make more red faction games. i dont want space marine to have the same fate:)

Afoxi
08-23-2011, 01:05 AM
but i dont havre high excpectations from this game because it is from a developer who dont have any experience in action games. Relic has made only rts games so far and it is their first action game.

The Outfit.
http://www.relic.com/games/the-outfit/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outfit_(video_game)

Liahim
08-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks a lot! ;)

Vergil_vk
08-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi UTROMSHREDDER,

I must say I like WarHammer 40K games, I have the two sagas complete (Dawn of War I plus "everything" and Dawn of War II plus "everything") so, I think I expected this game a long long long long... time ago (about 6 years nothing else xDD)
I've play it and (from my point of view) I say it is a very good game.
What I expect is a entire version has a complete menu for graphics xDD.

I've got too CoD MW and MW2, AVP, and more action games, and... I'm thinking about the possibility of changing to Space MArine as favourite game!! =D

I repeat, it's my opinion.

Greetings, I whope you enjoy this game too

uberkeel23
08-23-2011, 10:21 AM
The guy that said to sign in the Honor Guard for quicker download?
Steam says I own the product T_T Must kill.

Sejf
08-23-2011, 10:28 AM
The same. I already own the product, even though I don't.
I guess the "promo" ended and we have to wait for steam to unlock it officially.

Rauthelegendary
08-23-2011, 10:29 AM
You can now download it :D

Sejf
08-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Woo! Thanks for the heads-up, downloading. :)

Xbob42
09-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Demo is supposed to be free for all? Unless you actually put in the dev work to make this game, who are you to dictate what is free and what isn't? The early demo for pre-purchasers is entirely appropriate! Welcome to capitalism...take your food stamps somewhere else!

It's a demo, it's free to begin with. What a silly argument. Wouldn't you want to show your demo (Read: DEMONSTRATION) off to as many people as possible? What purpose is there to showing your demo off to people who've already paid for the game? What kind of idiot buys a game just to try a demo?

The purpose of a demo is to let people try a game so that they can determine whether they want to buy it or not. Limiting that audience means one of two things: You're scared that your demo sucks, or you're an idiot.